1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Limhwa Limho 44.5cm Discussion Part 1

Sep 5, 2006

1. TQV - Mono is single-jointed so he don't come of as very aesthetically pleasing when kneeling, his knees looks a bit chopped off at the front. But otherwise I think he's quite good poser, he can do most of the basic stuff, but not the advanced poses like the doublejointed can.

IngieBee - Mono matches most of the mature msd girls in headsize (unoa, narae, supia, etc). My Mono has lots of female friends and lately he's been sharing wigs with them and sometimes even clothes, when it comes to tops that aren't too frilly and pink :lol:

2. I've uh... never posted here, so guess this picture would count as new?

[​IMG]

Even though this is from waaay last year. My poor boy gets no camera attention, he has been in a black shirt and blue jeans for months... I need to make him some new clothes.

3. I haven't posted on this thread in ages, but here is Quentin in his rock star persona:

[​IMG]
      he's french resin in NS wearing a Winds wig fromJpop

4. I made inquiries about using a Korean shopping service to try to buy Limhwa Leda without going through Dollfair. *I got a reply monday (4/18/11) morning indicating that Limhwa only sold internationally and that ordering was temporarily closed. *Dollfair's Limhwa website mentions a Grand Opening in March 2011 but doesn't explicitly say ordering is currently closed. Therefore, I thought I had better give a heads up to DoA folks.

5. Congratulations Nasa! Can't wait to see your boy :D

My boy arrived yesterday and I just had to fiddle a bit with clothes and wigs :B

[​IMG]

Or the slightly more boyish version here.

I just love his tan and I'm pretty glad that he fits in the Slim Mini clothing I have at home... although I need to go out and buy some manly clothes for the poor boy x'D

6. neon; Facial fat also contributes alot to the youthful look of a face. I sanded down the cheeks of my Limho Mono, and it certainly seemed to help him look a bit older.

[​IMG]

I never finished his customizing, though. Now I have a new one to do the exact same thing to.

Or, to minimize the look of facial fat, you can blush the upper cheeks in a way that will make them look smaller. My new Mono has something similar to this:

[​IMG]

A face-up really can do wonders to any face. It's like make-up on real people, really.

7. New beauty white Mono! :,D So beautiful. They were so super affordable thanks to the Junkyspot preorder. I think because of Mono's expression and chubby cheeks, he gives off an immature personality. I painted a Mono (owned by Perpetuus) a few years ago, and those cheeks really stood out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Splyterhayde is very right though in that if you blush underneath the cheekbones, you can hollow out his face a bit through face-up alone. Sanding did help tons though! Mono's default face... he looks like a 16-year-old to me who still has the mindset of a 12-year-old, haha! Nevertheless, 1/4 doll heights compared to 1/3 doll heights do make the minis look about 10-11 based off of height alone. I think the only dolls that are properly tall enough to appear as pre-teens to early teen are Zaolls, Vitos, and Idealian51s. Teenagers are usually at their adult height already too, so if that's the case if you want to keep your 1/3 scale dominant then your teens should be 1/3 scale.

8. Oh! Are we spamming these amazing boys?!

;)

[​IMG]

9. More spam. Same boy, different look -

[​IMG]

10. I have another question about wigs, if you don't mind. :sweat

After a bit of research, I really like Leeke's wigs ! Did any of you tried them on your Mono ? They're quite expensive to order (shipping :doh), so I'd like to be sure the Leeke 6/6.5 would fit. I like this one in particular.

Thank you, TQV! It feels so weird to have a boy at home. I'm sure I'm going to love him. :)

11. Hinotori I tried one of my 6/6,5 Leeke Wigs on my boy and it fits perfectly fine ^^

12. Finally got a decent shot of my boy this weekend <3

[​IMG]
      Salem says "It's wet and windy and I have no shoes, why am I out here? ;w;"

13. My new boy still doesn't have a proper wig, but I found this one that fits, so at least he's not bald. I find it more difficult to take good pictures of him. I'm really not used to boys ! :sweat

[​IMG]

14. madaise Seconding what Splynterhayde said, stay far away from the Limwha site if I don't want to end without your money and a doll.

Random Chad from a Meet last month, currently waiting on his (hopefully) final eyes and his MIYA coat from taobao.

[​IMG]

15. neonarcotique As far as I'm concerned Chad has neither yellowed not greened - although I found out his first owner got him 2009 so apparently Limwha tan is pretty good in not changing the color :3

16. Hello! I've been hanging out on various large doll threads and have posted only a few of my smaller dolls. This looks like a good place to introduce Heath, my tan Limho Mono from 2009. What surprises me is how much darker his tan appears than the tan I'm seeing in other photos here. He is wearing a Leekeworld wig, size 6/7, that I ordered from Denver Doll. It's just a wee bit big, so he has a silicone wig cap under it. I made the shirt.

[​IMG]

17. Hi--I bought sisterceurvo's (duh did I spell that right???) Limho and I must say, this sweet boy has totally stolen my heart. I redid his face up. Meet Kai.[​IMG]
      The wig is made by me--if it looks like his mom cut his hair it is because she did LOL! I also sanded his fingernails--sorry gang but they bugged me awfully. Man I am so happy with this boy.

18. miss mabel his hair is awesome <3

Went out in the woods yesterday to get a good photo of Chad's new coat (two more can be found on my flickr):

[​IMG]