1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost COA, what can I do?

May 6, 2021

1. (Apologies if this is in the wrong place!)

EDIT: Thank you for responses! Found out which doll the COA belonged to, seller of the other doll said they'd look for their receipt of purchase for the other. I did email the doll company to maybe get a replacement (who knows if I'll get one) and will probably contact the shipping company eventually to complain since this is inexcusable.

EDIT2: COA was found! Turns out it got mixed up with the doll I gifted to my friend so I'm getting it sent back to me but the shipping company did in fact mess with my boxes still but larger problem solved! Phew!

EDIT 3: If anyone stumbles across this Fairyland did say they could not give me a replacement.

#1 mellifluous, May 6, 2021
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    2. Ah that's really an unfortunate incident. Hopefully you can find the COA somewhere. But assuming that you are not going to find it, explain the situation to the face-up artist. Some may be willing to do the commission if you can provide the purchasing record. Also you can tell the company about the lost certificate and see if they can give you a new one, or any other proof of legitimacy. The chance might be slim but it doesn't hurt to try.

3. Thank you for that advice!
      I'm praying that I somehow accidentally gave it to my friend because that's the best case scenario since I did send her the doll I gifted to her around the same time I was moving. And I do still have screenshots confirming I bought them on DOA so hopefully that helps;; Worst comes to worse I'll see about contacting Fairyland! EDIT: COA was found!

#3 mellifluous, May 6, 2021
      Last edited: May 8, 2021
    4. In twelve years, I've never had even one artist demand a COA - or any other proof of legitimacy, for that matter - and every one of them that I've commissioned from has had strict rules about not painting recasts. Honestly, I think that the best and most experienced artists can spot a fake right away. Poor resin quality, poor casting, missing markings in the headcap, etc. - there are many signs. However, if you do happen to run across one who needs some sort of proof, I think that pointing them to this thread, the sales threads and your receipts should be enough.

5. Thank you! I ended up figuring out who the COA I have is for and the one I don't have the original owner actually sent me a picture of it so I'm asking Fairyland if I can get a replacement, if not then at least I have that picture and proof of purchase but thank you for that advice. I'll def point to this thread and make sure I keep all my records safe from now on. EDIT: COA was found!

#5 mellifluous, May 6, 2021
    6. It’s worth asking. I bought a second hand Migidoll without one: sent them screencaps from the buyer, her details and photos of the head &serial no. They confirmed legitimacy & sent a new CoA for him. Hopefully you can do it that way!

7. That's great! I hope they'll do it for you. :thumbup

8. So I think I can say with 100% certainty that fairyland will not replace the coa it even says no replacements on the coa itself... however, there any many minifee heads that have no coas (older, event head, etc), so I wouldn’t worry about it too much - I would contact the old owners and see if you can trace it to the original owner and get a copy of the order from fairyland/denverdoll/dolkus to prove legitimacy. My minifee siean came before cards of legitimacy and I bought her off of the MP and since she no longer had her manual/box, I was able to get a copy of her order info from fairyland. Sometimes the order information is the only thing we will have!

that said, the coa is most important to buy replacement parts from fairyland. The coa itself doesn’t usually have a lot of information on it... I cannot directly prove what sculpt it is, just what doll(s) were in that order (which presumably, if you bought direct could tell you, but if it was an order where someone bought multiple dolls or a dealer, it could be a lot more difficult)

9. Dang I didn't even notice that (as I saw this I ran back to my other COA and saw it, whoops). I sent the email hours ago with the original serial number so we'll see, but the seller said they'd look for their Denver Doll receipt for me so that's nice at least! EDIT: COA was found!

#9 mellifluous, May 7, 2021
    10. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Only 2 of the dolls I've ever bought have come with COAs. For some reason Bambicrony was ahead of the curve in 2009. Almost none of the older dolls have COAs. For my secondhand dolls without a COA, I suppose there's no way for me to prove the legitimacy because the PMs here are long gone and most of the users haven't logged in for years. There's no way for me to see if they could get the order info. Some of the companies have even revamped their site and dumped all their past order info (Iplehouse). Heck, even one of the companies (DoD) is shut down! I'm pretty sure Migidoll sold over email back when my 2 heads were made. Also, I'm pretty sure fake Fairyland COAs exist, although their codes probably won't match the doll. Fairyland did not offer COAs when I last ordered from them.

What I'm really trying to say is not every legitimate doll has a COA. I doubt a faceup artist would require severe vetting to prove authenticity, but if you're not planning to sell the doll, there's little issue. Things happen (or never happened in the first place) and it's okay. The most important thing is that you know your doll is legit.

11. Yeah... I hate to be the barer of bad news there! But, if they are a newer minifee and were bought through denverdoll, it might be possible to at least have the card that denverdoll sends out with their dolls remade if that was lost too, if you ask them. Worst case they say no :) But they only recently started making them post-Minifee Maya release, I think... maybe someone else knows exactly when? But I don't think a faceup artist would ask you for the CoA unless they felt that something was off about the doll head, so I wouldn't worry too much.

12. Late response but thank you! The seller for the doll missing the COA said they'd look for their Denver Doll receipt for me so that's good news at least! Just sucks that it was lost when I trusted the company I shipped with so much not to fiddle with my stuff! I think next time I do a big move any little paperwork is coming directly with me! EDIT: COA was found!

#12 mellifluous, May 7, 2021