1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Love imperfection - or not?

Oct 13, 2008

1. I'm the kind of person that would never scar, bruise, or bloody a doll. Well, if I had a vampire I might like a little blood on the lips, but that's it.

2. I assume it's for the same reasons that some people give their dolls tattoos and piercings. It adds to the dolls character and can sometimes say something about the dolls personality.

3. Scars are beautiful, one in just the right place actually enhances how a person looks to me, it means they have a story to tell, something interesting! So, on a doll, I don't mind scars. It means they'be been though something. There's a story, a tale, a mystery and more beauty!

4. This situation pretty much echoes with me - A fall from a bike got me stitches on a cheek when I was 5, so... But I take for evaaaaar to choose a doll, so when she arrives, I love her as she is, add a faceup, that's as far as I go.

5. I LOVE flaws. When I was little I'd pick out the toy with a faulty stitch or a paint misapplication. It all probably stems from this wart-like birthmark I have on my left cheek, my mom tried all through my childhood to have me cut it off but I think in my own childish way I was trying to show her that it made me different.

She quit harassing me when my husband said it was like a tiny sea anemone, beautiful and he couldn't picture me without it. She huffed and just said something about men saying what women want to hear. That was the last we spoke of it. :D

Val has a scrape in his MSC coat where I screwed up (I call it his scar and it looks just like one), Sol is yellowed and has an oddly homecut wig. Nigel is perfect thus far but just you wait! I'll acquire some kind of mark somewhere! Be it scar or fracture. XD

6. I tend to always have bad luck with getting the bunk one out of the bunch, like I'll buy the wallet that didn't get sewn properly amongst the ones properly sewn and it falls apart that day, and just little stuff like that. And incidently both my dolls came to me with slight imperfections, as the tradition goes, yet I've grown to accept it. My girl has a slightly crooked nose and mismatched ears (one sticks out more), and my boy *cough* tucks to the left a little if you know what I mean. But just like people I feel it makes them more personal and unique, I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

7. I Personally, don't have any plan for a scarred doll, but I do have a drawing characters who have scars. As mentioned, our doll are "nearly perfect, or even truly perfect," and that why some people what scars on their doll. Like this doll I saw on a chinese blog, she seem so perfect. So beautiful and I like her, but underneath her perfection is two scar on her back that seem to be like wings that had been ripped off. Her character was that of a fallen angel.

Another thing is that although scars is sometime viewed as a flaw, it can be use to represent power and strength. Kind of like how some warrior honor their scars because it prove they've been through something tough, but they made it out of there alive.

8. My Ivory has got a scar, because of his story. He wouldn't look like his character if didn't have a scar from some of his fights. The scar is part who he is. Nobody is perfect, so why dolls couldn't be imperfect, too? Ivory's scars just remind him, me and others from his rough past, just like also humans' scars remind them of something.

9. I think imperfections build character. No one can be perfect, no matter how hard they try. Perfect dolls are gorgeous, but imperfect dolls are just as gorgeous. Some one might have a scar on their arm from something in the past such as almost getting killed, it's all part of their story. A completely perfect doll wouldn't have much of an interesting story. Of course, I know not all dolls can come perfect straight from the factory (such as seams or sanding marks and such), which kind of also builds a little character.

10. I have a doll incarnation of Larten Crepsley, and I'm debating whether or not to give him his scar. Mostly I'm terrified that I'll screw it up and never be able to fix him... but I'm also plagued by memories of the lopsided eyebrows of my first doll and how I was never able to bond and ultimately sold her off. X.x

11. I think by adding other special features and things makes a doll unique