1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Lumedoll 30cm discussion part 1

Sep 28, 2010

1. I recently acquired a cute little doll furniture set from Ikea. Here are some of the pieces with my Lumelights: link gone.

I even like the cardboard cut outs that come as part of the box :)

#261 Saba, May 2, 2015
      Last edited: May 11, 2020
    2. Oh I found out about 30cm Lumedolls too late :pout:

3. Not too late, it'll just involve more patience. I got both my Lume's (a Koit and Blaze) through the MP here. They do pop up on occasion.

4. Not too late! You still have until the 31st of this month!

5. I was really lucky to be able to adopt a Lucas recently! :D

[​IMG]

He came with an adorable hakama set, but I'm not 100% positive I want him to keep that look. Being Grey Skin, I might take him in a more fantasy direction.
      I'd love to be able to get a matching little lady for him eventually.

6. My new duo-
      [​IMG][/URL]
      Kit, a ebony Helena and Hei, a tan Lucas. They could both use more clothes, neither have a face-up, but at least they have hair!

7. Congrats on your new additions everyone! My Arine wears a new Barbie dress:

[​IMG]

8. This thread has been super quiet, hasn't it?

I took this picture to show a friend how tiny Liam is. His face could be completely covered by a two dollar coin. ;)

[​IMG]
      Tiny Liam Is Tiny
      by Sapphire, on Flickr

9. Oh that's so cute!!! We should do more pics like this. So good to see your Liam again.

My poor boy needs to be re-strung. I took him apart for some reason or another...its been so long now...

So sad these little ones aren't being made anymore. I want more of them.

10. @mdonline03 - Thanks! I need to restring Liam too. He's getting quite floppy. And I agree...it's sad these guys aren't being made any more. I would've liked at least one more of the boys. I keep watching for them on the MP though. :)

11. I know I wanted at least a little friend for my poor Murphy. He tries to fit in with the action figures but they won't have him. I at least have a little Hana on order from Rosen Garden so maybe she'll be nice to him. Lol.

And yeah...I try to stay away from the MP...ugh, I start getting too many new ideas!

Anyway here's an old picture of Murphy...just to keep the thread alive. I wish I could find more vintage 60s Ken clothes for him since that's his style but hey, I'm not complaining. So lucky to have the little scamp.

Edit: oops...didn't know this was so big. Sorry. :doh

[​IMG]

12. Not to be an enabler or anything but Eva posted a few of these guys for sale from her personal collection a few days ago in the MP. Dunno if any are still there....

I got a new wig for Dolf yesterday and the fit is good (it's a Monique in size 4 from Facets) and the colour is perfect (auburn) but... he looks like a drag queen that stopped getting into full regalia mid-way through the process *sigh*. The style is totally NOT for him. I wanted a wig that I could pull back into a stubby ponytail as that's how he wears his hair but this is not the wig for that.

13. @mdonline - that is a great look for Murphy! Sometimes on eBay you can score some vintage Ken clothes. I've seen them sold in lots by collectors quite often. And Liam says he feels Murphy's pain. Other than the few YoSD size dolls I have, the only dolls around here that are his size are John Smith and Pocahontas, and they are only really interested in each other. ;) I'm planning on an FMD12 Cosette from Dollmore, so when she arrives, at least Liam will have a friend his own size.

@Iron_Dog - haha everyone's an enabler at one point or another in this hobby. :)
      Wigs are such a challenge for these guys. The size 4 Monique wig I originally had for Liam fit him beautifully too, but once he had his faceup, it was obvious he was not going to look good in that wig any more (he looked like a little Ted Neeley in Jesus Christ Superstar lol). have you thought about modifying a wig for Dolf? some of the Monique wigs could definitely be pulled into a ponytail, and they could be trimmed to the length you want.

14. Yeah, that's the plan now. Dolf's hair style is somewhat like Bowie's from his Ziggy Stardust days. I thought I could pull the new wig back into a ponytail, and I can do that, but it just looks totally weird and the hair lays in an odd way with it pulled back. I'm going to order another wig from Facets as well as a silicone wig cap (Dolf has loose headcap syndrome *rolls eyes*) for him. I'll likely wait a bit though as I got a surprise doll (Soom Boehm) who also wears the rare size of 4 in wigs and he'll need a wig, too, so I might as well order them both at the same time to save on shipping even though they're just coming from the US. I'm just waiting on some info about wig colour for the new guy.

I'd also like to get wigs for the twins (RS Bao's) but DollNorth is in like 5 weeks and I may see/find something there (Elena of Spite & Malice attends every year) and their wig size, while small-ish (5.5) isn't a crazy hard size to find like these tiny scraps of hair in size 4. Although, finding the size 3 wigs that my Dragonlings take... that was a challenge and a half. They have wigs now (also from Facets) but I need to mod them a tiny bit to fit around their ears and dye them the right colour.

I have to say that I'm really pleased with the selection and fast delivery time of the wigs I bought from Facets. I'm sure we are all very aware of the difficulty of finding size 4 wigs for these guys that aren't childish. Facets is definitely worth checking out if you're in need of a tiny wig.

15. @Iron_Dog - yeah, Facets was my go-to site until I realized I had a much better chance of finding - and getting - what I wanted if I ordered from Monique Trading directly. Now, that's what I do, as their shipping is just as quick as Facets. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting on a wig order from Monique right now for some of the big resin folks. ForMyDoll also has size 3 wigs if you're looking for super tiny ones in fantasy colours. They don't have size 4 though, for some reason.

As for Monique wigs that can be pulled into a ponytail and still look good, I highly recommend "Pretty Girl" and "Ginger" I have both types, although in larger sizes than size 4, and both pull back really nicely. Aubrey (IMPL Tony) and Reid (Souldoll Vito Lester) both routinely wear their hair pulled back and I frequently braid Aubrey's hair as well. "Pretty Girl" is a straight wig and "Ginger" is a curly one.

16. I can go either way with whom I purchase from as long as I get what I want. I bought a size 5 wig direct from Monique and was pleased with not only the wig but the service as well. Facets is a bit easier to search for specific sizes than the Monigue site (unless I'm missing a function/button that allows you to search by size, which is entirely possible).

I figured that I'd need to go with the Pretty Girl wig and cut it to the length I need, which is fine. I just wish I'd thought to ask if the wig I purchased would pull back into a ponytail nicely before purchasing *sigh*. Hindsight, it is 20/20. In the mean time, I may take the clippers to the wig I made Dolf to reduce the pouffiness of it (it's rabbit fur) as I don't anticipate placing another order at either Facets or Monique for several weeks at least. New guy who needs a wig won't be home until early November so it's not a pressing thing for him and I most certainly want to order all that I need at once to save on shipping regardless of where I buy from. Our dollar sucks & blows right now, as I know you're aware of and we gotta save where we can, right?

17. Oh why did you mention that there were some little ones floating around on the MP? I will not look, I will not look...I'm gonna look. :doh:sigh

Meanwhile I know what you mean about the trickiness of wigs for these guys. Poor Murphy just looks like he's wearing a wig - a bad toupee. So for now he "shaves his head bald." I think I also just haven't found the right style/colour combo. I love Monique wigs and just got in a batch for my other dolls...so feeling a little guilty that I didn't pick up one for him.

And yeah, for a while I was really scouring eBay for mint Ken clothes from the 60s. Im not one to poo poo costs but man some stuff was ridiculous because there was a big stain or tear or something else wrong with it. If I was a Barbie collector then maybe but I just wanted some clothes that fit the poor guy lol.

Now off to the MP...:chomp::chomp::chomp:

18. Ummm, because I'm a dolly enabler? Sorry?

it's a tricky balancing act to get the wigs to look right on these guys as they are so tiny and it doesn't take much to have the wig overpower the doll. Gunari (Koit modded to have dragon legs & feet) is easy enough as his wig is bright lime green and I made it out of faux fur because it suits his character to have hair like that.

Clothes... that's another tough fitting issue. Gunari is on the older slim body and he can wear all kinds of ready-made stuff, which is ironic as he doesn't wear much beyond a kilt. Dolf, on the other hand, needs regular clothes but because he's on the V2 muscle body, finding stuff to fit him is much harder. The dolls, they'll drive you crazy.

19. mdonline03 I second the "shouldn't look, should't look- then dashes off to look". There's s Lume who I haven't figured out how to fit int the current total group home already...

Two of my Lumes are wearing Monique wigs, one has a Parabox wig, and one has a "Shaggies" one from DDE.