1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Baby Delf - 40cm

Oct 7, 2015

1. @Sarako, what a sweet wig on your girl...she looks so adorable. And what a great discovery about the clothes. It's a wonderful overall look for her.:)

2. Thank you all :) I totally forgot I never showed off Ellie's look dressed either!

[​IMG]

That is the Dollheart MSD version of Cherry Classic, but I'm not going to lie, I feared for the zipper a little getting it on her! It does actually zip all the way up though. The petticoat has an elastic band and went on fine; the underskirt has a zipper too that doesn't quite go up all the way but at least stays in place, and isn't visible under the skirt. So something traditional MSD (ie Volks MSD) with a bit more shirring or give would probably be best if you want to be sure of a fit.

I love Ellie in lolita. :aheartbea I've always wanted to buy this dress in my size too! Or maybe I'll be brave and attempt to sew it someday. I did pick up some of the new American Girl patterns Simplicity's been putting out thinking I'd adjust the width/fit for a Baby Delf, so that may be my sewing project for the new year.

3. @Sarako Ellie is looking adorable!!! Rose too!

I bought the book "The Dolls' Dressmaker" which was recommended for DearSD size, haven't had a chance to try it yet. But I had good luck enlarging an Adams-Harris LTF pattern for a basic dress! Please share how the Simplicity patterns go! XD

4. The Dolls Dressmaker is pretty cool, but it can be hard for a novice to figure out how the book works at first! It has tons of different options and ways to change basic patterns. These are VERY basic patterns. Good call @snowgray!

@Sarako I love her! She looks perfect!

5. Oh Ellie is so cute in that gorgeous Dollheart dress! What a sweetheart she is!:D And all this talk of sewing, patterns and dressmaking is reminding me that my own baby delf, Zahara, is going to need a whole new wardrobe in the new year.:doh I've really been putting off even thinking about it while finishing up necessary projects for a few of my other BJDs, but I've promised sewing for her will a major focus in 2017. I'll be having to create my own patterns from scratch since she needs genie attire and not regular children's clothes.

6. and I thought my wishlist couldn't get any longer :whee: Great to have an idea of clothing which fits these dolls so beautifully :D

7. Finally got Hanael after she spent 3 weeks waiting in customs.
      [​IMG]
      I had them do a custom faceup, asking for something similar to my old Hanael on the right, but they made it super orangey. The blonde wig I ordered with her looked terrible, so she is borrowing (or maybe keeping) Uriel's wig.

I am trying using vintage doll patterns to make clothes for my Baby Delfs. I made a dress for Uriel earlier this year using this pattern. I think I used the small size but not sure. Old dolls around the 14-16" size should be pretty similar in size and the patterns are very easy to find. Toni, Saucy Walker, Betsy Mccall, etc. Simplicity has reprinted some of their vintage patterns and occasionally include the 16" size, like this one Simplicity Pattern 2454 Vintage 16" and 18" Doll Clothes.

8. She's adorable, @kitten :) Congrats on her arrival!

And yeesh - 3 weeks in customs? That's quite a while.. :(

9. So pretty and that dress from a vintage pattern is sweet.

Teddy

10. I love her @kitten! I'm sorry it was such a long wait! And thanks for the pattern ideas, I love how you did Uriel's dress with the trim down the front of the bubble skirt, so cute. I'll have to look up how to do that trim... what is it called?

11. @whisperwolf that is actually how the fabric came. I just cut a strip of it to use around the neck. The base is power mesh.

12. It looks like a strip of fabric or ribbon that has been gathered down the middle.

Teddy

13. Yes! I think if i used a light fabric, perhaps a thin strip of chiffon, I could get that same flowery look, right? I would maybe have to fuss it into shape. I just love how 40s-50s it looks ;)

14. @whisperwolf Any light fabric, would work. The lighter the fabric, the better it'll gather. You would just need to use a gathering stitch, or any loose stitch to sew down the middle of the fabric and then gather it to your desired length.

15. So Luts decided they did want to do another daily discount event finally!

Baby Delf Gabriel will be 15% off on Thursday January 26th (probably in Korean time so maybe check time conversion if you don't want to accidentally miss out). They're also running other sales, like on wigs and eyes :) And if you plan to order anything Feb 3rd - March 3rd, the attendance event in January can net you a $15 coupon to use then.

Edit: As of 1/23, they've switched the daily discount to be random, so you'd have to check back everyday if you plan to order one of the dolls they're discounting.

#375 Sarako, Jan 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    16. I added a "Restock Request" on the Luts page for basics for our Baby Delfs, like an underwear set (male and female), as well as tees, shorts, and pants. I don't know if they'd pay more attention if I get more hits looking at the request, but maybe you could all go peek and we'll see if they take notice and develop these things.

Edited to add the "Restock Request" board is on the bottom left hand sidebar.

17. Baby delfs are so cute. Anyone know if they can fit 8-9" wigs?

18. I just received my Luts Baby Delf Gabriel in white skin! I have named her Corinthia. I love the locking knees, and she stands so well on her own. The poseability of elbows, wrists, and ankles will take a little more work, but the chubby cuteness is hard to resist. I bought a bunch of the sale wigs and eyes to try on her, but I think I'm going to stick with the ones I intended. Here she is!
      [​IMG]

See more pics at my box opening thread.

19. I got my elf daisy a few weeks ago! I ordered with the clothing but have had her in more casual wear other than one photoshoot.

[​IMG]

20. She is adorable! Oh that shy little smile.

You have her in such pretty colours - how cute!

Teddy