1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Baby Delf - 40cm

Oct 7, 2015

1. Modeling would be great, thank you! I have run across some Sasha items in my searches but haven't yet purchased any in that size. Thus far I have Wellie Wishers (which is a bit short in the limbs), Magic Attic, Gotz, and Kidz n Cats. I want to try Carpatina and those Disney toddler sizes next and I may also buy some AG sized clothes and see if I can modify them to fit better since there's SO MUCH to be found in that size.

2. I'll try to get some shots after work today.

in my experience, Magic Attic, Carpatina, and Just pretend clothes are pretty much interchangeable when it comes to sizing, though I have minimal experience of the Carpatina ones.

Also - American girls clothing... it's a lot of work to adapt and , while it looks nice in pictures, I've never been impressed by the quality of the fabrics, the few times I've been tempted to buy actual AG brand clothes (though I do like their furnishings). Stuff made in AG size by others and sold on eBay and Etsy tends to be a better option... but if you're doing that, why not spend the money on stuff that is a better fit in the first place so doesn't need adapting. Unless it's something VERY unique/special, I generally end up realizing it would have been quicker to make something new from scratch than to adapt to a smaller size.

Teddy

3. @Teddy
      I've only been buying from individual makers and nothing actually branded (yet) and if I get AG stuff I planned to do the same. But even with handmade AG items, I've found many inexpensive outfits that I honestly think are priced too low. Maybe I'm so used to handmade prices in this hobby but I'm finding AG sized outfits for $10 or less. I don't mind modifying that that little cost tbh.

4. OK, I took a break from Working from Home (don't tell my boss!) and dragged out some dolls-clothes crates and had a rummage through for suitable stuff - here are some examples:
      [​IMG]
      Long-sleeve T-shirt, by A passion for Sasha on Etsy : a smidge long in the sleeves
      Red cord jeans (no label so could be any one of several makers - I don't recall) a good fit except for being loose in the waist - trousers with elastic at the back or all around the waist are a great fit however, and non-elastic ones made with belt-loops work if belted in slightly.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51051859261_511d434ea9_c.jpg
      Dress for 16"Kish doll - very good fit.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51051131053_464f566269_c.jpg
      Just Pretend (slim 18" play doll size comparable to Carpatina and Magic Attic) T-shirt and joggers with elasticated waist and ankles - Very good fit

Clicking on the pictures will take you to my Baby Delf album on Flickr where there are more examples of clothing I tried on her.

A Passion for Sasha, on Etsy, makes gorgeous Sasha garments but her trousers don't have elastic or belt loops at the waist so will be a tad too loose there. She does nice babycord dungarees in a range of colours however (The twins, Badly and Loosely, have new outfits...), and some short dungarees too, both of which work fine on the Baby Delf body.

Ruths Dolls (Ruthsdolls.uk) makes lovely garments and tends to put belt lops at the wiast of her jeans (see under "separates"), but a lot of her stuff it outfits that include shoes so can work out more expensive (but they're real leather shoes and good if you like the style, although tend to be closer to SD than MSD size). My advise it not to get them if they show stitching around the join of the upper to the sole in the photo as those ones have a soft sole tht works on the flat-soled sasha doll foot but not on more realistically shaped BJD soles. The ones that don't show stitching there are hard-soled shoes that are very nice on BJD's. They're made by LisasDolls (Lisas Dolls - Sasha Doll Sandals and Shoes - Page One) Ruth's daughter, but I tend to buy them for my SD sized dolls rather than MSD sized.

Sashapotamus (on Etsy) does a nice range of Sasha T-shirt/bodies/onesies (and facemasks!) that you might like.

And there are any number of Sasha clothes makers selling on eBay, so you could shop around for trousers with elastic in the waist.

EDITED TO ADD: Just needed to point out that Sasha Baby and Sasha Toddler are smaller dolls than Sasha dolls, so don't buy any of their clothes by mistake.
      Also- some A Girl For All Time dolls clothes are a reasonable fit on Sasha but th few AGFAT dresses I have tried don't seem to translate well to fitting the BabyDelf body... they are a smidge slimmer in the waist than Sasha, however, so trousers might fit the BabyDelf - I don't have any to try.

Teddy

#484 Teddy, Mar 19, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2021
    5. @Teddy
      Thanks so much for the detailed info! I love that green striped top and will definitely be looking into that Etsy. And I came across A Girl For All Time as well but I'm not super into the historical attire so I haven't found any of that that interested me yet. Big babies are probably my current favorite size and I'm considering order a Myou one to go along with my Luts the next time they have a sale again. My girl needs a male friend. >u<

6. There are lots of makers of modern clothes for AGFAT now too. but, as I said, I've only tired a coouple of historical dresses and they don't fit the Baby Delf body so well.

Teddy

7. To all those that recommend BFC Ink clothing, I wanna give a big THANK YOU cause omg they fit perfectly. I found a couple outfits from a seamstress in that size and am in love. The pants are perfect length too. :hug: I'm looking into getting Sasha sized items next!
      [​IMG]

8. Yay!

Happy shopping!

Teddy

9. Received a Sasha sized outfit in and the fit is perfect as well! I'll post pics when I get the chance later. I also have a Hopscotch Hill sized outfit incoming to try. My big baby closet exploded with finding all these similar sized dolls. I'm having a lot of fun clothes shopping. :D

Also based on measurements it looks like Sasha sized shoes may also fit baby delf. Can anyone confirm this?

10. Does Dollmore, Mokashura and Illua clothes fit? Luts doesn't have a very good selection of clothes for Baby Delf!

11. So sorry for taking so long to respond - I thought I'd posted this already...

My Baby Delf wears regular MSD shoes - the Sasha shoes are a bit longer and a bit looser, even with thick socks. My SD girls can wear them. You could probably get away with them on a Baby Delf if you put thick socks on her and the shoes were a style with an ankle strap or lacings that you could tighten.

Sorry, I don't have either of those types of clothes so can't help. Hopefully someone else on this thread will know.

EDITED TO ADD: From comparting measurements on the websites though, both those dolls have a smaller waist measurement than Baby Delf. So, anything that fits their waist would proabably be too small/tight on the Baby Delf waist.

Teddy

#491 Teddy, May 21, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
    12. Ok, thank you :) I currently don't own a Baby Delf or BB sized doll, but I had plans getting one when the Baby Delfs first were released. Got the Baby Delf dress I wanted before the doll and thought it wouldn't take me that long to get a order done. But a lot of other things in the hobby got in the way though :sweat I've gotten back to thinking a bit about which sculpt to get when I'm ready oneday.

Baby Delf - Daisy or Poppy, and also Telesthesia and Dragon - Gloria or Harry are currently the ones I'll eventually have to pick between. If no other sculpt I like more get released.

But as for clothes, I might just end up with one of the ones from Telesthesia and Dragon so that clothes won't be any problem.

13. I've actually found a lot of clothing options for big babies from various toy line dolls. Sasha and BFC Ink are the best fit. Some Wellie Wishers items work but WW are shorter than a big baby so things like pants may be more of capris. Some slim 18" doll clothes such as Magic Attic can work but it's a little oversized. Makes for adorable oversized sweaters. But one thing to note about all of these is I have not tried any company made clothing for any of these toy line dolls. I've only purchased handmade items in these various sizes.

As for actual BJD sizes, big babies can wear a lot of standard MSD stuff. I have a couple standard MSD Volks sets that fit perfect. Or SD10-SD13 items can sometime fit. Shirts may be long in the torso as well as sleeves and pants legs, but with a little modification it can work. Crop tops in that size fit surprisingly well.

#493 Cap'n, May 21, 2021
      Last edited: May 23, 2021
    14. I thought I’d share my genie girls, Azhara and Zahara, today because they got new toys.:)

[​IMG]

15. Just adorable

Teddy

16. It’s been awhile, and I thought I’d show off all 3 of my BabyDelfs playing together in their genie palace. There’s the genie twins of course, Zahara and Azhara (Luts Gabriel sculpts with limited company Azhar faceups) and their little sister, Fable, a deerling (Luts limited Baby Delf Daisy Elf in tan skin with a faceup by me.) I love these girls so much!

[​IMG]

17. What a lovely shot of the three of them and their lovely outfits

Teddy

18. @PoeticSoul Your girls are so pretty! I've admired from afar the Baby Delfs for such a long time now and your girls are so tempting me. And I love the Luts Gabriel sculpt so much too! I'm glad to see the different skin tones as pretty much I was debating between which skin tone to pick for my first. But now I feel like I want all three. Hahahaha. Thanks for sharing!

19. My little Wynnie is really going hard into the boho/hippie aesthetics, so of course she's my muse for costumes. I'll be taking her to a con next month dressed like this. :XD:
      [​IMG]

20. Lovey.... and I WANT that fabric.

Teddy