1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Baby Delf - 40cm

Oct 7, 2015

1. Yeah I still use those terms though it's so much easier than 1/6th, 1/4th, 1/3rd etc... so... y'know. Mind you, if this size gets a Volks-based name I'd want Volks to come out with some slim yoSD's so THEY can get a Volks name too.

2. I'm so surprised to see Baby Delf's size! I really thought she was going to be a lot bigger than Holiday's Child.

It's good to see more chubby minis on the market - partially because I love looking at them and partially because it means more clothing options for my dolls. :3nodding:

I thought that DearSD owners said they can't wear MSD clothes, though? Volks even released the overdress that fits them and SDs, so it sounds like DearSD are different and their name might not be the best to attach to this size. I really hope pictures crop up of DearSD, Baby Delf, Holiday's Child, and MSD/SDM side-by-side.

3. I may well have just gotten lucky with the MSD-sized outfit I tried on.:) I only have one Volks-brand MSD outfit, and I haven't tried my Volks-brand SD outfit on her yet (or any 1/3 scale sized clothes for that matter).

4. Luts must have caught up on their backlog as my order just shipped and I hadn't expected it to until New Year at the earliest.

Unfortunately, it's going to my work address which is closed down until January 4th.... Poots!

Oh well, I'll take the head I already have for that body in to work with me, along with some clothes (that I hope will fit), eyes, shoes, and wig so I can have a play with her during my lunchbreak.

Teddy

5. @Teddy, hooray! It's good to hear that Luts is back on form, though too bad about your extra wait.>.< I thought you'd be interested to know that I tried one of my Kujo heads on the Baby Delf body. Much to my surprise, the head fits on the BDF neck perfectly! She can turn and hold her head every which way without any need for a neck piece. The resin match, I think, is passable and could be additionally improved with the right faceup. I may actually have some time for doll photos over the holiday - would you be interested in seeing a photo of the hybrid?

6. Here you go, @Teddy!

[​IMG]

I actually like this hybrid so much, I'm going to keep my girl like this!:XD: As an added bonus, she's pictured next to a typically-sized 1/3 girl (~60cm with those heels).

EDIT: Also, this was the Volks MSD outfit I was talking about. As you can see, it fits her perfectly! Shoes are originally for Dollfie Dream Sister.

7. Thanks!

That gives me a good idea of how the hybrid works - and looks with "older siblings"

Teddy

8. Does anyone have a comparison body of Luts Baby Delf and Xaga White Obsidian that I can see? TIA :)

9. My first doll was ordered a few days ago, and I ordered Rose in the Limited set with the kimono <3

From what I am reading here, MSD clothes should fit her? I am rather new, so some of the terminology is really above my head right now..

10. I've been wanting a 40cm baby doll sized BJD since the first Dollmore Mokasura release. I'm just glad I didn't do any order just yet. I don't quite like the size of the Mokashura heads.

But Baby Delfs are perfect :)So I just did a Welcome to LUTS - Ball Jointed Dolls (BJD) company pre-order. I really love that set and couldn't take any chances of it selling out.

I'm gonna take some time to wait before I order a BDF though. I want to see a couple of more head sculpts first. And I want brown skin, light tan and tan to be an option before deciding what sculpt to go for!

11. My Baby Delf has arrived and the body is great but first impressions are that the Kujo head is too large for it.

I've got her all wigged and dressed and sat here on my desk at work (no photos until I get home and can upload them from the camera) and it may grow on me, but... It looks like a head transplant from a bigger doll.

Teddy

12. Sorry to hear the BDF/Kujo hybrid isn't quite working out for you!:( I guess I had a similar first impression of the hybrid, but the fat-head aesthetic grew on me pretty quickly. That said, I have a lot of other fat-headed girls and boys.>.<

13. Teddy maybe give it a few more days? Eventually it might grow on you. When I first put another head on this body it seemed way to large at first just because I was used to a different body for this head. Now I'm fine with the proportions.

14. I'm leaving her as she is for a while to see if the effect grows on me... but the proportions still seem "off" whenever I look at her.
      Anyhow here she is on the trolley beside my desk at work today:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

15. @Teddy, maybe try different wigs on her? The wig you have her in currently is pretty full, which could be adding to her big-headed look. She's really cute, either way. Her outfit is very charming! Also, the carrier you got with her is precious - I'm actually a little jealous!:XD:

@manabusama the set you ordered is really precious! I love the print and the little bear ears.:whee:

16. I have and it doesn't make much difference - some make the head look even bigger and the rest about the same as this.

This wig is borrowed from her older brother/cousin (it's a large and extended family of siblings, half siblings, and cousins and hard to keep track of actual relationships), but, if she works out I'll get her a bob style in a similar colour.

{sigh!}...I bought the Baby Delf specifically becuase I wanted this head to be a younger sibling to my SD gang.... and don't know hat to do if it doesn't work. I LIKE this body, but neither of the Baby Delf head sculpts (and don't really need another random member for the resin family) and I don't know what body would work for the Kujo head that would be smaller than SD but bigger/chunkier/chubbier than Baby Delf.

Teddy

17. Shes very cute but personally I think the Kujo head isn't the right face type to be on a sized down body, if that makes sense. The face is fairly long and needs shoulders wide enough to balance it. The reason 4 sisters worlks so well for dearsd is that the face is wide rather than long. Of course that's just my opinion!

I wondered about putting a bambicrony 1/3rd head on the baby delf body.

18. You could well be right - I've been thinking the body needs broader shoulders (well, actually the whole body could do with being plumper to match the chunky legs better) in order to work with this head.

Teddy

19. When my Mokashura arrives maybe I could bring her to a meet to see if one with a modded neck could work?