1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Tiny Delf Discussion Part 7

Feb 3, 2017

1. Siara: I know what you mean about Gretel, I finally found eyes that suit her, unlike Dorothy - her eyes are just flat out too big. Not much can be done. The older TDF are now not as appealing to me as the newer ones.

(Heidi & Gretel)
      [​IMG]

2. fp1989: Glad you like the lavender. Cute girls and dresses! I don't have Tyltyl, but I do 10mm on my TDF Heide, Jack and Yeondu.

3. @fp1989 Aw, what an adorable Tyltyl. I can't help you with the eyes, 10mm should give you a more adult look but there might be slight gapping depending on the brand.

@stellarphenomena I tend to also prefer the sculpts with more narrow eyes but little Gretel was a happy accident. I tried making my very first wig and she got the honours of testing it. (Sorry for the awfully blurry picture of questionable quality.)

[​IMG]

I'm turning her into a boy soon but I'm still on the hunt for some nice eyes and the right color of yarn or perhaps just a new wig. What eye size would you recommend for Gretel?

4. Funny story. My dad (who means well) kept going on about me learning to make my own BJD except I've never sculpted a darn thing in my life and I'm not a very good artist to begin with. But I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least try and design something. While I was just absently browsing dolls today, I rediscovered the tiny delf 16 line and they were exactly what I was designing!

And so, needless to say, I just ordered my first Tiny Delf 16, a Hansel Elf! She's going to be a little water faerie named Dewdrop. :whee:

5. @juni-fee Congrats!!! I hope you love that lil cutie!

I introduced you lovely peeps to Keilani a little while ago - now it's time to start working on her faceup! I added her blush, a little bit of eyeshadow and the start of her pink lips and I'm so excited and so nervous! I have yet to finish a full faceup by myself at this point, but something clicked and I have a lot of encouragement from my bestie (thank you @Beedalee so I am feeling much more empowered to get this cutie done!

Here's a WIP!

[​IMG]

6. On the other size, I LOVE Gretel humongous eyes, they are the reason that made me chose her out of all the other TD!

[​IMG]

Mine wears Mako eyes 14mm, and suit her well! Reinstudio 14mm also work wonders on her!

7. Here's Heidi with my bloomed lilies :daisy

[​IMG]

#527 stellarphenomena, Aug 6, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    8. @stellarphenomena What an angel! I love her and I love how pretty and springy this picture is! You matched the background with her adorable self perfectly!

9. I'm having the hardest time finding wigs that fit my Gretel and Alice(s). I know they wear a size 5-6 inch but choices seem so limited, especially for special colors and boyish cuts. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Suggestions are more than welcome.

I finally figured out what bothered me about my baby Gretel. They have the limited edition fairy forest face-up and I swear her cheeks and general face-up are dirt brown from old age. I'll try to snap a picture later. It's still really pretty but totally doesn't fit what I want for them. I'd feel kind of guilty wiping it though since it was a special release. What's your opinion on wiping limited face-ups?

Also, very tempted to add more of these tiny monkeys to my crew. How adorable can they be. I love the new spam. Keep it coming.

10. My three Louis-es. I put the last one on a DollZone Pet Doll goat body and turned him into a faun. But it's not permanent!

[​IMG]Surprise. by Nadine, on Flickr

11. Gosh he looks adorable! Which body is that from Dollzone?

12. @Siara Gretel is so cute! I love the sculpt so much that I have 4. I think it's because I had a baby doll that looked a lot like Gretel. As far as wiping the face-up, I think it's ok if it doesn't look good anymore. I don't think anyone is looking for specific face-ups on Tiny Delfs are they? I hope not because some of mine are limited and if they get scratched or stained, I'd want to replace it.

@phanuel Your Louis's are adorable! I love their expressions. The goaty one looks like he's roaring.

13. @Misoup , it's Ulli in tan which I was able to get from Alice's Collections 3-1/2 years ago. I'm not sure he's available any more. I loved DollZone's original Pet Dolls, my favorite being Burton the Siamese cat, but they gradually disappeared from the site. The horns are from Luts.

@Siara , Louis has a great face. If you get close enough to look inside his mouth you can see his tongue on the bottom and tiny teeth on the top.

14. I think some people still look for specific face-ups but it happens once in a blue moon. I guess there's no harm in giving them a new pretty face-up. After all every face-up is unique in a way. Four Gretels? That's pretty awesome! I'd love to see them all together someday.

Louis really looks adorable. I'm a sucker for sculpts with teeth and add the sleepiness and I'm sold. Your little ones look like such a great team. The Faun baby fits right in too.

15. I took a picture but it’s grainier than I expected.

[​IMG]

16. @brightberry They are so cute together~♡ I can understand why you love the sculpt. I borrowed a wig from @Iri_Nes Tiny Delf a few days ago to try on my own Gretel and oh my gosh! She's a he for sure. I need to try and get him a short wig in teal and he'll be my perfect little guy.

I'm really hoping our Luts order will arrive soon :( I'm afraid we have more than a month to go though due to all the delays. We have two Tiny Delf in there that we're dying to meet.

17. How cute is this girl!

MomoElf Mermaid

[​IMG]

18. My tiny 20 that I ordered in June arrived today!
      [​IMG]
      She hasn't got a name yet, but I love her.

19. perfectionismxx: Very cute elf Alice. How was yours strung? I have two and I love the size but they are very floppy.