1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Mirror Studio Saoirse and Siobhan 30cm discussion part 1

Oct 10, 2013

1. Finally joining you all! I always missed the pre-order periods for these awesome girls, but I just made my first Layaway payment on a second-hand Magic Mirror tan Siobhan. She's coming from someone in my area, so once I pay her off, I just have to go pick her up! I have one more month to go, as I didn't want to do anything too dumb to my finances, but I've had my eye on that particular doll for a while, and I knew if I didn't grab her someone else would! ;) Now to go figure out how on earth to dress her... I rather like the punky, mohawk styles that some of them were getting. Adorably prickly little nature pixies.

2. Here's my Tropical Tan Saoirse! I only just ordered her eyes so it will take some weeks before it arrives.
      Her skin colour looks similar to a local milk tea drink, so I'm calling her Tea. XD

[​IMG]

3. Congratulations! Tea is lovely, although hilariously creepy with her gaping eye sockets. :) What color eyes will she have?

I'm considering calling my coming girl Bramble, as I want her to be a woodland pixie type thing, but I may end up going with something more Celtic...

#183 EriChanHime, May 18, 2016
      Last edited: May 18, 2016
    4. I ordered two pairs of eyes, one is honey yellow and the other is rose. That is not her actual wig but it was the only one I had on hand. I'm going to make her wig and I think the honey yellow pair will suit it best. I will only know for sure once it arrives.

You will never know what sort of name you will go for until your lovely is home. I originally intended to call Tea by her sculpt name, but it didn't feel like it was her name at all. She seems much happier with Tea. :)

#184 Humbug, May 18, 2016
      Last edited: May 18, 2016
    5. You're definitely right about names changing, Humbug. Ooh, nice eye colors. I imagine a honey color would look amazing with her skin color. Is she going to have a wild wig or something more styled?

Right now, I'm planning to make Siobhan a black Tibetan lamb skin wig with pieces from a 9-10 wig I took apart a long while ago. I want it to be a little crazy and wavy. She may end up with one wig and one Mohawk strip...you know, for fancy days. ;)

6. Her wig is gonna have pretty wild colours. This is the yarn I'll be using. I've never made a wig before, so I'm gonna have to try a practice one first. I've made a couple of test wefts and it's looking pretty good. :)

[​IMG]

And oooh! Multiple wigs is sound awesome! Something casual and something fancy! I haven't even started on a wig yet and already I'm thinking of possible styles. I have way too much on my plate already. XD

7. Excellent choices, Humbug. Both will complement her attractively. Do you plan to leave them twisted for dreads, or will you be brushing them out?

Also, has anyone here had luck finding another source for semi-fantasy clothes for these ladies? Patterns, Etsy shops, etc.? I know Pandora does a line for the fairies, but it seems her outfits are a little hard to come by, although lovely. Also, I'm thinking something a little earthier. I still haven't decided if the coming Siobhan is Seelie or Unseelie... Have you other fairy owners assigned your little ones a Court?

8. I will be brushing them out, I don't see Tea sporting dreads as of now. :)

I actually never thought about assigning my fairy a Court, I'm gonna be dressing Tea in modern clothes because most of my resin family is fantasy and I want something different for a change. I guess there's no reason why she can't be a moden fairy though, like the characters from the Aria comic.

9. Ah, snazzy. Little modern fairies are also adorable. I had to go look up that comic; seems interesting, with nice art. Someday I want to make a brushed yarn wig. My roommate keeps wool around for spinning and all, so I could probably snag something like that, too. Keep us updated! :) When I get my next paycheck I'll be able to pay the last layaway payment on my tan Siobhan. Very excited!

10. Awesome! More faeries! And will do on the wig, although it's not high on the priority list ATM. I'm making a special pair of shoes for Tea and then I'll be doing her face up next. I also need to sew her some clothes and it's only after that i can get to her wig. X3

11. Oooh. Those will by tiny shoes, Humbug! Fortunately the girl I'm buying has a face up already, which is good since the weather here had been made of air soup lately! Definitely no dolly painting for a while. I not sure if I want her to wear fabric or leather. I keep scraps of leather from other projects, and I always save the thinnest pieces for doll stuff. I could see her in a little buckskin halter and loincloth/skirt type thing. Maybe with beads... Do you have clothing patterns/styles picked out already?

12. I'm going with something very simple to start with as I'm a total sewing noob. I know I want to stay away from lolita stuff so I want something that shows off that womanly body. I've got bits and pieces from my mom's scrap box, so let's see what I can come up with. I do have a general colour scheme for Tea though.

And I have no idea how those shoes are gonna turn out, haha! Almost everything I intend to do for Tea is a first for me. The only thing I have experience in is face ups. X3

13. Nice. It's always good to stretch yourself and try new things. :) I'm the exact opposite: everything BUT faceups. So painting my first doll (fortunately SD sized) was quite the nervewracking experience. Fortunately Siobhan is already painted by a very talented local lady, so I don't have to worry about it.

On that note, SHE'S PAID OFF! I'll be able to get her either tonight or tomorrow, depending on the other girl's schedule. Turns out we basically live across the street from each other! So excited...

***Edit***
      Rsgrhdgfaf! She's here! This will not be her permanent wig, eyes, or dressing style, but she came with extras, so I thought she'd appreciate being clothed. ;)

[​IMG]

The resin on these girls is amazing. It's nice and heavy and very smooth. She's a lovely even color and she poses easily. This one has double jointed knees and elbows, and she can get her hands all the way over her head, which is rare for dolls. I like her vastly better than the Soom mini fairy I had, which always felt about to break. Her faceplate popped off and landed on the bathroom floor without a scratch! Her name is definitely Bramble. :)

#193 EriChanHime, Jun 15, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    14. Congrats! They are lovely aren't they? I wasn't sure what to think about that body at first, but it looks so much better in person and has really grown on me. :)

15. Finally finished Tea's face up after a week of rain. Gosh, this is such a bad photo of her and does not do her justice. Maybe I should style her hair to tame the wildness.

[​IMG]

16. Oh, Humbug, Tea looks absolutely lovely! I like the kind of wild hair, actually. She's a fairy after all! I expect she flies around when you're not looking. ;) Great work and styling!

17. Aww thanks! And the hair thing is a possibility. ;)

18. Did anybody here ever get Sinead? I don't think I've ever seen owner photos of her.

19. Bramble finally has her own stuff! So thrilled.  There was a Ball Jointed Doll convention in my city last weekend, so I took her to find some stuff. People were really enthusiastic to see and hold her, and she got passed around a lot. It’s always exciting to introduce people to new artists and their dolls. While I still plan to make leather armor for Bramble, I figure if she’s a member of the fairy court, she actually has to appear AT court sometimes, so she got a fancy medieval style dress (it’s a stretch velvet, so you can still see her adorable tummy), two wigs (black and auburn), new eyes (Ginarolo 8mm glass in Dark Cola), and the most outstanding leaf and flower clay mask (BJD Outfitters). Here is my excited picture; I promise to take better pictures when I get back from my trip this weekend. It’s so nice to have her looking “complete” even though she will get different outfits later. Also, she seems to gravitate towards greenery, so I’m thinking she must be Seelie Court. Never let it be said that she is sweet and fluffy, though.

[​IMG]

20. I finally took Bramble outside for an actual simple photoshoot in her new dress, eyes, wig, and mask! I will have to make a mini-shoot thread, but here's one of my favorite shots. :)

[​IMG]