1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Mirror Studio Saoirse and Siobhan 30cm discussion part 1

Oct 10, 2013

1. May I join with some pictures of my Sinéad? Rakeru sensei painted her and she is just a dream ^_^!!

[​IMG]

And here with my Moira, Brigid :^D

[​IMG]

2. She is utterly gorgeous!

3. Then look beautiful, Nanyalin! Their face ups, wigs, and clothes really complement each other wonderfully. And your photo story is adorable. Naughty Cluny.

Also, I forgot to include show Brambles' lovely face! I love this wig on her, although I wish her ears showed more!

[​IMG]

4. @EriChanHime , she is lovely! I like her dark composition. For showing the ears, why don't you try this? When I have tibetan mohair wigs, I always soak them in water, rinse a bit, and leave them dry over the doll's head (I also comb them a bit to tame the shape - and remember to protect the doll's head with some clar film wrap). You can leave it to dry with a drp of conditioner, and perhaps some soft hairband to shape it. When it dries, the wig is much tamer and frames the doll's face, instead of eating it XD. My dolls have sich tiny, delicate faces, that almost any volume in wigs is too much volume! Also, cute mushrooms : D

5. My poor girl has been sitting around half naked for months, so I finally got off my butt and made a dress for Tea. I'm quite pleased because I'm a newbie at sewing and this is the first proper dress I've sewn.

[​IMG]

And she will probably wear this one dress for a couple of years. Haha

6. Love the bold colors! Suits her a lot, and is very flattering to her figure... gotta say, that bum is not the easiest to dress, lol

7. @EriChanHime and @Humbug, your girls are lovely.
      (And I keep scrolling back to Nanyalin's Sinead painted by Rakeru Sensei - I just want to keep looking at her)

8. @Nanyalin Thank you! Her richer skintone is certainly made for bold colours. :) And yes, her lovely curves made sewing a challenge, which is why I put it off for so long. XD

@Tide N Thyme Thanks!

9. @Humbug Tea looks amazing! You did an outstanding job and the fit is lovely. Love how tropical she looks. :)

I've been doing virtually nothing with my dolls lately, as life came to a screeching halt over December with a car accident, two apartment floods, and an emergency gallbladder removal. :P However, things are finally calming down, and I cleaned my doll area of my bookcase. I have blackout curtains, so the dolls are always out. I neatened things and move Bramble from the shelf to the odd green throne chair. She seems very pleased with herself, I think. We all know she's High Fae. ;)

[​IMG]

10. Hey guys! What can these girls wear exactly? I'm making a dolly clothing database.

11. I'm really interested in this as well, as I hope to get a Sinead when pre-orders are opened. :)

12. Okay, so I figured out that the curvier MM girls can wear curvy Barbie Fashionista clothing easy if you're going for a more modern look like my girl. I will post pics soon.

13. Just put down 1st payment on a tan Siobhan!!! I couldn't wait for a preorder anymore haha she was on the marketplace and had to snatch her up! Cant wait until she gets here! Shes my only non-fairyland body/doll, but I'm sure she will fit in just fine among the elves!

14. I was wondering, what is the posing like on them? I've been searching and searching, but the only thing I can find is that they 1) can sit (I once had a doll that couldn't sit by herself, that was a short-lived love) and 2) that Keira poses great. But what about the eeelves?

15. The elves are single jointed in the knees on the old body, new body is all double jointed. My girl has the new issue of sitting and the latches under her butt don't hook into her butt to level her but she has the old body. I also modded my girl to be strung though her torso so it's probably related to that. Idk. But they are solid standers and feel solid too.

16. Hey guys! Is anyone here joining the preorder that recently opened for these girls? I'm so excited to both have my own and see more around !!

(also has anyone gotten a response/confirmation to a preorder email they've sent? it's been a week and I'm worried I messed up somewhere)

17. I am! I'm getting a tan Saoirse to be a friend for my ns Siobhan. So pleased Nanyalin opened a new preorder.

18. Congratulations! These dolls are stunning, and the tan is just lovely. :) I hope you adore her.

I just pulled my poor girl out of storage. Between moving last year, lots of off-and-on illness, and the mess with Photobucket, I just didn't do anything with my dolls for a long while. I was debating selling her and figured, no, need to unpack her first. Yeah, not selling her. She just needed a sabbatical. Perhaps she had to check in at the Seelie Court. ;)

In honor of her return, I decided it was almost fall, and Bramble here needed to try on a dress I bought for her at a con last year. It's handmade, probably designed for a display Barbie, and reminds me of a Dreamsicle. *snicker* She's not so much mad about it as stunned I got her into it. ;) It was late, and I didn't feel like setting up my camera, so I'll try for better pics later, but I had to share. (FYI for owners of these dolls, a bobby pin makes a perfect dressing hand replacement, to get them into/out of tight sleeves.)

[​IMG]

19. It's an awesome dress for her now it's on, but looking at it closely I'm really impressed you got her arms into the sleeves even without her hands!