1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Angel 1/3 discussion

Sep 23, 2012

1. yeah i'd do sd too
      that's why i chose Kelly for Yuhma because I did not want to sew in MSD anymore *lol*
      it's really fun to make those outfits but still....I get angry easily with the msd size
      i have kyo and kaoru in sd and 70cm.. i love making new shirts for kyo...but somehow Kaoru does not have much to dress

2. I haven't been on the Magical Angel site since I gotmy Kelly so I'll have to look at their head sculpts. Their SD body would probably be okay with the right blushing. Guess I'll have to stare at more pictures of Kai to compare. :love

Do you have any tips for sewing for dolls? So far my only theory is scaling down what I do to make clothes for myself.

3. sorry that i did not answer earlier
      was bit stressy the last days

well i have some patterns for dolls, like pants, shirt and the basics
      out of these basics i can draw my own patterns if i need some other styles.
      like for eru's jacket I took the basic t-shirt msd pattern and drew it on a white paper. then I meassured on Eru where his bellybutton is from the shoulder and cutted my pattern there because the real jacket was ending there too.
      the jacket does not have sleeves so i left them away. i cutted the front in half so i can insert a zipper there

i do this with other stuff too and with patterns for humans i normally have them on the pc, then scale them down until my basic pattern fits to the thing on the screen. i take a blank paper, a pen which does not destroy the screen and copy the pattern on my paper with lying the paper on the screen.
      works fine =3

4. I think I understand. I had to do something similar to make a little kimono for my MSD girl. I'm still trying to learn how to make patterns that will fit me so I guess that it would be the same with making doll patterns just on a much smaller scale. Getting things like buttons and zippers seems like they would be the biggest pain.

5. yeah it's the same as making human sized patterns, just smaller. so if you can do your owns you can do the one for your little ones too =3

Zippers in USA are finde to get. i am using normal human sized ones (since in germany we can't get seperated zippers in 10cm length) and then cut them on the top to fit the jacket i am making.
      for closing i alwas use pressbuttons and sew normal buttons over them to make it look more realistic >D
      i use buttons from 0,8cm to 1,5cm and they fit well =3

6. Hello! I've been kind of spying on your conversation. ^^; I typically use zippers and buttons from baby clothes, since they have the smallest zippers, and if you get them from a thrift store, they're super cheap. I hope you're enjoying your dolls! I need to post more pictures.

7. sounds like a good idea with baby clothe's buttons ^^
      they are bit smaller

i am still waiting on my boy... >D normally I am not that nervous but somehow this time I am >DDD
      maybe because he'll be my new J-rocker boy

8. My Magical Angel Sherry finally has a faceup:
      [​IMG]

Candy just got home from her time with the lovely @Miyukisetsu, and I'm thrilled with the results - transparent resin can't be easy to work on.

9. @DollSewist
      Your sherry is lovely! I'm so interested now in a transparent one!

@maykoh
      Also I make my own patterns by cutting paper and laying it on my doll.
      @Jigarkhvar and @Mitsuko_Elric
      I use mini buttons I find at craft stores or Walmart for decoration. But baby buttons would be good too!

10. your girl is really pretty
      she looks like a ghost or something - but really really awesome

I got my Yuhma too a month ago but was too lazy to post piccs of him >D
      I already finished his clothes and the wig is on commission =3

here he is:

[​IMG]

11. So pretty! He looks amazing!

12. She looks amazing! How did you get the company to do this color for you? I would love to get a few in different colors for a robot series <3 <3 <3

Thank you for sharing her, she's brilliant!!

Whoa! That is a really close resemblance. I can't wait to see once your wig is finished ^-^

13. Thanks, @rara - I can't take credit for the resin, though, as I bought her third-hand. But I've seen tranparent resin offered on the Magical Angel site, and heard that they are really easy to work with if you want a color added.

14. thanks @rara
      here he is with his wig
      [​IMG]

15. your guy is super awsome! you made these clothes for him yourself?

i actually got them from island doll, and just sold them.
      :D
      hope that helps!

16. Yes I did ^^
      this time I even made the necklaces

thank you ^^

17. So pretty!

18. oh cool, I thought they were from magical angel I was confused hahah, I bought jointed hands from doll family this winter, they will arrive soon and I cant wait!

19. thats wonderful! i bet your excited. well, they can be fun indeed.

hey guys, i know on alices collections is where magical anges's original dolls are, they branched off from xen-ming toys. there are a few on there too