1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Angel 1/3 discussion

Sep 23, 2012

1. I went to London with my boy ^^
      we had a lot of fun there - sorry for having me with him on the photo, but Big Ben was too tall for little Yuhma to have a nice picture with the Tower and him together:

[​IMG]

2. This Is A Lovely Picture Of You Lovelys!

3. @DollSewist & @rara - I don't mean to barge in, but if she's third hand and you bought her from a lady in Australia, then there's a high chance that my fiance was her original owner! He bought a transparent blue Sherry from MA a couple of years ago, but we had so many issues with her (arriving broken, being sent the incorrect replacement parts twice) that he decided she wasn't worth the trouble and sold her. He requested her in that colour specifically and they were very accommodating - they can pretty much do anything if you ask them nicely.

4. This is that same doll, then - she did come to me from Australia! And there can't be many in this color, plus she does have damage to one of her legs (it worked into the 'story' that I have for her, so I don't mind having her sit down all the time.)

I'm so glad to have another piece of her backstory - thanks!

Do you mind if I ask: why this color? I love it, but I never would've thought to ask for it. Can you share any of your fiance's plans for this doll, and did you find another doll that would work?

5. Hey folks, I hope I'm not intruding on this discussion too much, but I was wondering if anyone happens to know if Magical Angel are out of business now? ): I was looking to get Abby but the website has been down for a couple of weeks now.

Everyones dolls look so good I really hope I can join in the discussion more with one of my own one day ahah.

6. One thing that was mentioned on facebook is that about 2 years ago the same things happened to their website so maybe's a hosting thing? They haven't paid to rehost their site? One way for anyone who wants to contact them to get to them MAY be through asking Mirodoll as some the magical angel dolls (called XM dolls there) are sold through Mirodoll? there's a whole post on facebook somewhere about how the two are related but I can't remember what it said or find it easily right now.

7. Hopefully a hosting thing. I happened to just email Mirodoll about the XM dolls as there was a discussion thread here about it also.

Fingers crossed for now then that they resurface! Thank you for the help ^^

8. would be aweful if they weren't around anymore
      i like the bodies and was thinking about getting another for my rolling heads
      also they did a "custom my doll" service

9. Oh how cool! It's great to see she has a good home now. :)
      My fiance was going to turn her into a slime girl - one of his OCs from a world similar to X-men. Her name was Serena. In the end he decided he would not reshell her, as he was happy with the dolls he already had and wanted to spoil them with more nice clothing and props.

10. That is too funny - she's a mutant OC for me, too!

11. Oh that's cool! Well I'm glad she's got a great home now (and so is my fiance, he's pretty pleased someone has given her a home too). :)

12. I got the email back from Mirodoll and they said you can order any of Magical Angels sculpts through them, even if it's not listed! Phew! ahah. Sorry for discussion disruption!

13. lol not a discussion disruption! Thats important information to have! :)

14. I agree! I'm glad you told us what was happening, Astereal, because I was planning to buy another translucent body from them later this year. I hope that's still an option when I get ready!

15. sooo i want to revive that thread with my boy
      he's a little poser XD as always

soon he'll get his bandmate and he has a BF already

[​IMG]

16. Wow so pretty! What is that wig?

17. the wig is custom made from Helenalena here on DoA. she did an awesome job (´♡ω♡`)

18. I hate posting this, but I have my Supia girl on a Magical Angel 60cm body and I'm finding myself at my wit's end with her ankle joints. Even flatfooted and barefoot on a table, she can't support herself; her ankles have no 'grab'. I recall she did stand fine out of the box but I had her in storage for a year or two and now I'm at a loss. I tried adding a bit of hot glue sueding to her ankle sockets but it really didn't help. I hold her feet to the table while moving her body a little in search of her balance point but I can't seem to make her stay.

Any suggestions/anyone else with this issue?

19. how loose are the strings?
      if they are not that tight anymore i'd recommend restringing your girl ^^

20. I've always been lurking this thread, but I dunno if I ever shared any updated photos of my boy Sammy - he's their 'Eric' sculpt, with a custom faceup from a bjd pal I met online.
      Sammy's the first resin bjd I got, back in 2014 as a birthday present to myself. ^^ He's definitely turned buttery over the years (hard to tell in this crappy pic, and I wish I had some comparison shots, but considering how white he used to be...sitting him next to my paper white Ringdoll head it's SUPER noticeable lol). To be mega honest, I love love love his head, but I actually dislike his body a lot. xD They strung him like a rock, so despite having had him for 3yrs already, I haven't had to restring him once - so that's a plus. Never got the feet mechanisms to work, and the one foot's toe piece is actually too wide for the back part of the foot. xD The rest I dislike is just aesthetic things, especially compared to some of my others. His arms feel too 'post-like' to me. Despite all that, I adore him and he's not going anywhere, cause he was my first~! If I could get him a different body that'd match his head though, I probably would.

[​IMG]