1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mandarake Japan

Mar 19, 2013

1. Mandrake does not have a review thread, so I thought I'd make one as they carry lots of dolls and accoutrements.

* What did you order? Volks F-32 one off, used
      * When did you order? I sent an inquiry about the item on March 11 & received my order confirmation on March 12. She shipped EMS on March 14 and arrived today :D
      * How was the communication? Fast & friendly
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped 2 days after I paid
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No, everything was well packed with lots of foam & bubble wrap
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? NA
      * Would you order from this company again? Gladly!

2. * What did you order?

Volks SDC Mika fullset

* When did you order?
      8 October 2013

* How was the communication?
      Confirmations and tracking numbers arrived promptly.

* How easy was it to pay?

Very easy

* How long did it take to ship?
      Shipped the day after payment, arrived 14 October.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order?

No, everything was as described (the pillow/clothes/wig were a bit musty, but for a secondhand item from secondhand shops, that's not so unusual)

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Certainly!

3. I order from them all the time, but I live in Japan. Still...

* What did you order?
      In the past year... Volks Heath full set, Volks F26 One-off, Crobidoll Zion

* When did you order?
      I can't remember.

Fast and in English despite ordering from the Japanse website.

Easy enough using a Japanese creditcard or paypal

About 4 days from order. They need to check if the item is in stock. After payment about a day.

No, always perfect.

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? NA

Always!

4. * What did you order? A lot of wigs.
      * When did you order? July 2014.
      * How was the communication? They replied me fast (next day), but sometimes they don't understand my english and my request.. which is really worrying sometimes.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, using paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped 2 days later after they receive my payment.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Nothing.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would.

5. I've ordered from them several times, will bunch together the feedback :)

* What did you order?

So far four full dolls, three heads, clothing, wigs, eyes and a doll carrier.

* When did you order?
      Spread out over time.

Havn't had to ask any questions yet.
      The longest I've had to wait for them to check the stock has been three days (their maximum).

Super easy with PayPal.

A few days from placing the order, after payment it's the same day or the day after.

Nope, they wrap everything securely in bubble wrap.

None yet. If you check "cancel order if item is out of stock" the order is automatically canceled.

Absolutely, no doubt!

Side note: Mandarake has severely underdeclared some of my dolls, without me requesting to. A doll I got for 60 000 yen was marked at 2000 yen. They've all made it home without trouble, but you may want to inform Mandarake if you don't want them to do it.

6. * What did you order?
      doll head

* When did you order?
      20 november 2014

fatal. :(

Super easy with PayPal.

3 days.

yes, they have send me wrong head :(

i'm still waiting for re-do my order and fix my order.

hmmm maybe no :/

Side note: they underdeclared dolls, without me requesting to. A head I got for 8 000 yen was marked at 2000 yen.

7. * What did you order?
      Volks SD Gou Claude the Beast fullset

* When did you order?
      17 December 2014

Very easy

22 December

No

N/A

Certainly!

8. * What did you order?
      Volks SD Party 23 Ran in Harajuku

* When did you order? I sent an inquiry about the item on November 29 & received my order confirmation on December 1. She shipped DHL on November 30 :D

Fast & friendly, I had no communication with Mandarake due to not having any questions.

Very easy, Payment process was very easy. The only confusing part was that they did not have the payment page set up to automatically add the shipping cost & insurance. Their is a page to see what the shipping charges are. Then you wait until the next day to receive an email telling you the entire cost including shipping. Being on the opposite side of the world I placed the order late on Sunday night my time zone and received the total cost Monday morning my time zone.

Shipped a few hours after I paid

No, everything was well packed with lots of foam & bubble wrap

N/A

Of course I would order from them again! In fact I placed another order with Mandarake last night December 6 and I have the order confirmation today December 7. I will give an up date on that package in a few days.

The only thing that is a little slow in the fact that I have not yet found much for narrowing the search engines.
      Other than that I am very satisfied with the service Mandarake has offered. I will order from them again.

#8 scorpion, Dec 7, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    9. * What did you order?
      Volks "Black Label" collection outfit. It was a complete set including blouse, (pink, white and black) checked skirt, arm covers(1 zebra pattern and 1 black), bracelet, belt with chains and over-knee socks.

* When did you order? I sent an inquiry about the item on December 7 & received my order confirmation on December 9. the outfit shipped DHL on December 8 :D

Fast & friendly, I had no communication with Mandarake due to not having any questions.

Very easy, Payment process was very easy. The only confusing part was that they did not have the payment page set up to automatically add the shipping cost & insurance. Their is a page to see what the shipping charges are. Then you wait until the next day to receive an email telling you the entire cost including shipping. Being on the opposite side of the world I placed the order late on Sunday night my time zone and received the total cost Monday morning my time zone.

Shipped a few hours after I paid

No, everything was well packed with lots of foam & bubble wrap

N/A

Of course I would order from them again!

The only thing that is a little slow in the fact that I have not yet found much for narrowing the search engines.
      Other than that I am very satisfied with the service Mandarake has offered. I will order from them again.

10. * What did you order?
      Volks SD Suwarriko body

* When did you order?
      20 May 2016

very accomodating

Quick and easy

Took 6 days, came 26 May

None

N/A

Over and over again (:

11. * What did you order? Lots! Everything from a Volks Reisner fullset to clothes, shoes, wigs, stands, and accessories
      * When did you order? I've been ordering regularly from Mandarake since probably 2004 (though only for doll stuff since 2008)
      * How was the communication? Top notch! The one time I had to cancel an order, they were very understanding and made it simple for me
      * How easy was it to pay? Super easy! Unless you are ordering 18+ items, Mandarake gives you a choice of Paypal or credit card
      * How long did it take to ship? my items were often shipped the same day I paid
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope! They know how to pack well.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? The only problem I ever had was when I ordered using SAL shipping. The two outfits I bought that time never arrived, so I always spring for EMS. Mandarake was great, though; they refunded me and made the insurance claim to get their loss covered.
      * Would you order from this company again? Of course! Checking Mandarake is a daily ritual for me!

12. * What did you order?

Volks YoSD Tinatsu

* When did you order?
      9 Feb 2019

Confirmations and tracking numbers arrived promptly.

Very easy (paypal).

Shipped 11 Feb, arrived the 18th.

No, everything was as described (pillows a bit musty, but that was noted in the listing and not unexpected for a second-hand item).

N/A

Certainly!

13. * What did you order?
      Hundreds of doll related items from rare NIB Dolls to used Re-Ment accessories and doll shoes.

* When did you order?
      I’ve been buying from Mandrake for over 4 years now. It’s a fabulous source for discontinued and/or second-hand Asian doll items.

Communication has always been prompt and helpful across all of the Mandrake stores.

Very easy using Paypal.

Time to ship seems to vary by actual shop but has always happened within 3 days and most often with 24 hours. Some of the shops are just a little slower than others.

Shipping time depends on shipping method used. EMS is about 7-10 days to Texas while SAL registered is consistently about 3 weeks.

In all my deliveries there has never been anything missing or broken, and everything has arrived just as described. I’ve found Mandrake to be amazingly reliable over the years.

No problems to report.

Mandrake is one of my standard go-to sites for hard to find items. I go to Mandrake more than I go to eBay.

14. * What did you order?
      I ordered from Mandarake multiple times and I ordered dolls, a Volks head and some clothes.

* When did you order?
      I’ve ordered from Mandarake from 2016-2018 different things.

The communication was good and helpful.

Easy with PayPal and CC.

The items were sent out very fast. It only took a bit longer around the end of year holidays but this is understandable.

Nothing got broken but that was more luck on my side than the cause of the great packaging of Mandarake especially regarding the dolls.
      I even asked them to wrap the dolls extra in bumble wrap in English and Japanese when placing the order in the comment box but the dolls were only delivered wrapped in the doll cushions inside the box (the box outside was wrapped in bubble wrap which wouldn't have saved the at all doll inside).
      The clothes were sent out safely packed.

Fortunately nothing did happen and the items looked like the photos.

I'm not sure if I would risk to order from them a delicate doll (my YoSD and SD10 dolls which I ordered from Mandarake are more on the sturdy side that's maybe why nothing got broken) but I wouldn't risk it with a expensive limited doll.
      Clothes and other stuff are okay for me.

15. * What did you order? A second-hand LUTS zuzu.
      * When did you order? I ordered the 6th of June, I had my confirmation one day later.
      * How was the communication? Easy.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy with CC.
      * How long did it take to ship? One day.
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nope. Everything was as listed, very well protected.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Not soon cause they only send with DHL express now to my country and that means a lot of money to pay in customs, but yes.

16. * What did you order?
      Iplehouse EID Evan Tamer

* When did you order?
      April 4th, 2020. It took 5 days to get a confirmation and I had to email to ask for an update, but it was during the Corona mess so they were probably understaffed at the Nakano Plastic branch so I'm not holding it against them at all.

Automated and once I poked them I got my confirmation quickly and the rest of the process went smoothly.

They give you a link in the confirmation to a payment page where you can pay with paypal so it was very easy.

Once I got my confirmation and paid he shipped the next day. Took nearly two and a half months to get here, but that's not their fault at all because EMS was incredibly backed up, though it does lead to the next question.

Not a single one. He didn't have his box which I knew going in but he was wrapped and packed so well that even sitting in a warehouse for over two months buried under who knows how many other packages, the outer box was barely dented and he was completely intact. Excellent packaging.

N/A

Yes

17. * What did you order? CrobiDoll Lance, used
      * When did you order? Ordered March 5th, DHL shipped it to me by March 10th!
      * How was the communication? Fast !!
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easily
      * How long did it take to ship? Arrived in 5 days, record for JP to US
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? No, everything was well packed with lots of bubble wrap
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? No problems!
      * Would you order from this company again? Gladly!

18. What did you order?
      Volks SDM F20 Sunlight with Coordinate Model box & CoA (not the outfit or eyes)

* When did you order?
      11 December 2021

Confirmation and tracking numbers arrived promptly.

Very easy

Shipped the day after payment, arrived 14 December via DHL.

No, everything was as described

N/A

Certainly!

19. What did you order?
      Yo-SD Jun Tachibana

When did you order?
      14/09/23

How was the communication?
      Automated, but sufficient

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy – paid via Paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      It shipped the next day

Were there any missing or broken items in your order?

No

If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      N/A

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes. At first I was a bit concerned about Mandarake's policy of no refunds for damaged items unless you film your box opening but thankfully nothing in my order was damaged. The only inconvenience of Mandarake for me over other Japanese second-hand stores is that you can't combine orders from multiple locations.

20. * What did you order?
      A second hand Be With You Carrot
      * When did you order?

January 22nd 2024

Fast, confirmation, invoice and shipping notification all arrived very fast. Didn't need any other communication.

Very easy.

It was shipped the day after I made and paid my order, and arrived exactly a week after shipping.
      None

Absolutely!