1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 57cm Dolls - part 2

May 2, 2017

1. I don't have the tall DT dolls so I can't help that way.

But I will chip in and say that my Maskcat girl works extremely well with my DT7 girls so the aesthetic aspect of your idea should work.
      Nerine and Ganga

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------

MaskcatDoll

Previous discussion thread:
      * Part 1: Maskcat 57cm Dolls

#1 Jane, May 2, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
    2. @Jane, they look wonderful together! I really didn't want ANOTHER company to fall for, though . . . :...(

3. Hahahahahaa! That's what I said to begin with too........and I held out for a long time too. But in the end Maskcat *got* me.....and I am thrilled!

4. Lirin - I have all sizes of DT except 18 yo and Margo (maskcat) who just got a face last weekend - I'll try to get a shot for you comparing them today.

5. It took a while to get a picture - rain, flooding - what a spring
      Here is my Margo (Maskcat) amongst the Dollstown girls - left to right - Elf, 17 yo, 7 yo, Margo, 5 yo and 13 yo. As you can see she is the same proportions.
      [​IMG]New Girls by Martha David, on Flickr

6. Thank you @Xiaoli! Your girls are all gorgeous! Is that 13 girl in the copper resin?
      Your totally right, they are all in the same proportion, and look great together.... Wow, I feel like this is a great lead on finding Alice's sister. Now I just need to save up (just! She says lol) and figure out which maskcat girl is really my favorite :D

7. Thank you so much for the photo from me too Martha......Maskcat really does work so well with the DT dolls.
      Is your Margo on the Maskcat body please?

8. Elf, 7 yo and 13 yo are the copper oriental resin - it looks different in different light. 17 yo and 5 yo are fresh skin.
      Margo is on the maskcat body and is the pink resin. Interestingly she is wearing a dress I made for my elf size girls and it fits great. I haven't had time to make her own clothing.

9. @Xiaoli
      @Jane
      Your girls are sooooo pretty! Great to see more and more Maskcatdoll girls here! I really love their aesthetics.

I've just brought my Edin (Maskcatdoll Evelyn) with me on my UK trip. She was not heavy but enough to make me give up my DSLR and the small digital camera I took with me instead wasn't working well. Only a few photos survived T_T and here is one of them:

[​IMG]

It was taken in Edinburgh castle.

10. Hello! This is my first time taking photo with a 50 mm STM lens which I've just borrowed from my colleague. I'm so excited now. I still need a lot of practice and my hands were shaking all the time. My first shot was dedicated to my Fargo (Maskcatdoll Margo)
      [​IMG]

I guess I better save up for my own STM len ....

11. Ooooh lovely new photos since I last visited.....thank you Moria_ash
      I love the photo taken at Edinburgh castle. You did so well to give up taking your DSLR though!!!

And did you do the face-up on Fargo?

12. I bought a Margo and hope to get her Monday. I got a Dollheart outfit and Luts shoes for her. After looking at her measurements, they seem to fit perfectly in standard outfits. So Maskcat girls are beautiful and versatile!

I wonder why there aren't more of them on here.
      How do they look next to other SD size girls? Does anyone have pics with others? (I see the Dollstown photo below and they look great)
      Thanks!!!

13. @Melly123 Here is a photo of the Maskcat body with the Volks SD13 body. Very similar, should fit the same clothes!

I ordered my blank Ronia on April 10 and got a shipping notification from Banyo yesterday!! Can't wait to get her!

14. That is a great comparison of the body! Thanks!
      Hopefully your Ronia will come quickly :)

15. Congratulations Kuro! I ordered my painted Margo head in April and I got a shipping notice yesterday too!
      Exciting....isn't it!!!

16. @Melly123 Thank you!

@Jane Hopefully we'll have lots of new Maskcat girls showing up! Can't wait to see what you do with your Margo :)

17. @kuro Thank you!
      I can never tell how a doll will be until I have them in hand, so to be honest I have no idea what I am going to do with my girl yet.........but my mind is swimming with possibilities.

Do you have a plan for your Ronia? I am guessing yes if you ordered her blank

18. @Jane
      Hello! I didn't do her faceup myself...I wish I could:pout:. It's a default faceup and I think it's pretty good except for the pink colour under her eyes. I think it's a bit too pink? But I really love her red lips and the freckles on her little cheeks.

@Melly123
      Can't wait to see your Margo!
      I took a photo of my Fargo standing next to a Volks SDGr girl. I'm afraid she's the only SD size girl I got (I got a SD boy but I've just sent him for a new faceup) . The SDGr girl body is supposed to be slimmer but they just look the same to me with their dresses on :XD:
      Fargo is a pink skin and the SDGr girl is NS.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

The SDGr girl's face is so different from Fargo that she looks like somebody who came from another planet lol.

19. BTW, the new hands I ordered a month and a half ago finally arrived and I quickly applied the UV cut spray sealant on them.

[​IMG]

Honestly the sanding was not really satisfactory...but I love the sculpt very much and well considering that they are not expensive I will complain no more. With some hand makeup I think they will make some beautiful elegant hands.

20. @Jane I'm planning on a pouty, sun-kissed California girl!

@Moria_ash The hand sculpting is so pretty, especially the wrinkles in the knuckles :D And LOL, Jo's faceup is definitely stunning but in its own world, haha.