1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mature Mini vs Tiny?

Dec 11, 2017

1. I just found out there is a difference??? What is the difference? I like my small small dolls so I feel I should learn the difference

2. I think most tiny dolls look like children and a mature mini would be small but look like an adult ? I'm not sure either xD i'd like to know the difference as well

3. A mature mini is an adult-looking ~40-49cm doll, as opposed to a preteen/child-looking one. A tiny is a doll that's >30cm. Tinies usually look like very young kids.

4. Yeah, it's confusing at first, since in most cases mini and tiny mean the same thing or very similar, but mini usually refers to 40-49cm dolls. Tiny varies from person to person, as some people will use YoSD to refer to 1/6 scale and tiny to be 1/8 or smaller, others will lump everything under 30cm into one category. "Mini" really isn't all that small, but the word comes from "Mini Super Dollfie" or MSD, which is a Volks term for their dolls around 45cm who are "mini" compared to their Super Dollfie (SD) line.

So, in response to your question, a mature mini would be a doll in the 40-49cm range with adult or teen proportions, where a standard mini would be more childlike. A mature tiny would be under 30cm with adult proportions. These would be Barbie size or smaller.

5. I didn't realize mini wasn't so mini !!! 40cm seems huge compared to the 17.5cm doll I have xD

6. The original size scale was SD (58-60cm), MSD (45cm), and YoSD (26cm), all of which are licensed Volks terms for their doll size lines.
      People in the hobby coined the general term "tinies" to describe dolls smaller than YoSDs, so dolls under 26cm. At least that's how I remembered it when I joined the hobby in 2006 and more sizes started popping up. I remember the term "tiny" gaining popularity when Fairyland released its Puki Puki line.

7. ah so it's mature tiny that I like!

I know! The size difference is crazy!

#7 Biku_27, Dec 11, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
    8. I have a bunch of mature tinies and adore them. They're all at the 30cm mark so not... tiny... when compared to other tinies (21cm down to 5cm) I own.

My mature tinies are Soom Fairy boys (limited), Lume Light boys (discontinued), Argonautica Little Kio (limited) and Akhmel Nathan (limited) Batchix Clever Little (artist cast versions, but the sculpt itself was limited). I think Xaga makes a mature tiny that's always available. They are a tougher size to find (at least for boys in my experience) but they're wonderfully portable.

9. All my dolls are mature minis, I love them to death and think they're just gorgeous!