1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mayakdolls Discussion

Mar 25, 2021

1. Discussion thread for Mayakdolls heads by Greenwolfy / blisslacosta

• Heads are sold on a pre-order basis through the official Mayakdolls instagram account (though there are sometimes in-stock sales.
      • Heads are made to fit Minifee and similar size bodies. Minifee bodies will need to neck connector to be removed to work.
      • Heads are currently sold in "Light" (similar to Fairyland NS but not a perfect match) and "Tan" (similar to Fairyland Tan but not a perfect match)

I have a June head incoming and I'm super excited so I hoped to discuss with others who have any Mayak Dolls heads!

#1 malvinas, Mar 25, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    2. --Mod note--

The team has not reviewed any of Mayakdolls' works yet. This thread is being locked pending submission and review.

If anyone would like to post a thread in Ask the Mods to provide us with information, or ask GreenWolfy to do so, we can get started.

3. --Update--

Mayakdolls June is on topic~ :)

4. I missed June’s preorder, but I just ordered a May the other day. Not sure if she’s going to be on topic or not...

5. @dxgirly
      I also ordered a May OE head and a May sleeping head! Did you go with the faceup option?

6. @dxgirly the mods let me know that June is definitely on topic now and unlocked the thread. I'm not sure why May wouldn't also be on topic but I'm sure if you were to post in Ask the Mods they would let you know. Congrats on your May order! I was tempted to order a May as well but figured I should wait for my June to arrive before ordering another head haha.

@EndlessSonrise Congrats on your May heads! I'm really excited to see people's dolls shared once they arrive!

I got photos of my tan skin June's faceup the other day and I'm incredibly excited for her arrival! Was told she should be shipping in the next few days. I also have an incoming Bimong Narae Fusion body in his "new tan" color that I am really hoping I can use for her. Once they both arrive I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works out.

7. Thank you! I decided to get my May without a faceup just so I could see what I could do with it myself. The artist’s faceups are absolutely beautiful, though, so I was sorely tempted to get one. :sweat

I bought a Doll Leaves dream body for her, because the resin match for the NS Minifee body isn’t as close as I’d want to be from what I see in other’s pictures. I did see one on the Doll Leaves that was much closer, so I decided to try that body first (bonus- it’s cheaper, so if it doesn’t work out, I won’t as upset. :lol:)

8. @malvinas Do let us know how the resin match goes! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

@dxgirly Oh that's good to know! I was considering other hybrids, but I really need to go search for good resin matches/fits the neck.

9. Well my June finally made it! She was in transit from Russia to the US for around 3 months.

She's beautiful! But even though I knew she had a small head it is MUCH smaller than I anticipated! The bimong body I had bought for her seems too big in my opinion so now I need to figure out a different body to stick her on.

10. @malvinas congrats on finally receiving her! I’d love to see her once you’ve got a body figured out.

11. @malvinas I would appreciate any comparison photos if you have for example Narae or Minifee in hand. :) Thanks in advance.

12. @dxgirly thank you! Yes once I have a body figured out for her I'll definitely share her a ton! Worst case scenario I get her a minifee body which is fine. I just was hoping for a bit more poseability.

@xaya of course! I took a couple pictures quickly after work with my phone to show her head vs some other msd size heads I have. I chose a Minifee Chloe and a Bimong Narae n402.

[​IMG]

For reference since wig size helps me visualize how big a head is she fits 5-6 wigs best from what I have found. I don't have any truly "realistic" style dolls so I can't say for certain but I imagine her head is more comparable in size to FID from Iplehouse.

13. Oh her head size reminds me of my Black Cherry girl and another OT BJD I have. I don’t think it’s too stark of a contrast, especially if they’re wearing angora wigs or something else with volume.
      Now I’m even more excited to receive my May head. I wonder when she’ll ship? Hopefully soon.

14. @dxgirly I hope your May ships soon! My June was an in-stock purchase so I'm not sure what the turn around would normally be. It took about 3 days from purchase for her faceup to be done and she was shipped pretty quickly after that. The wait was just with the shipping from Russia to the US. It spent around 3 months in transit. I have a wig I had commissioned from a Russian artist that shipped around the same time that still hasn't made it to me so unfortunately I think shipping from Russia to the US right now is just incredibly slow.

As far as her head size, it isn't too bad for sure it just startled me because I don't have any heads that small currently in the MSD size range. My MSD collection consists of 2 luts kid delfs, 3 Bimong Naraes, a Minisup, and lots of minifee. Nothing of what I had prepared me for her head size lol. She currently is sharing wigs with my Lati Yellow because that is the only doll in my collection with a similarly sized head haha.

15. @malvinas Thank you so much for the comparison, she would fit with FID's better I see. She is really pretty but I think I need think a bit more and maybe these aren't for me.. yet anyway. :) I'm glad I can always admire other peoples dolls here.

16. MayakDolls new Ichi and April sculpts are so lovely. I think I may try to buy an Ichi in tan…

I just spoke with the artist in a dm and she said she expects to ship out my May head this week! Yay! So exciting! <3

17. @dxgirly I love the new sculpts! I am considering an April for myself.

Congrats on your May shipping soon! Please post her once you get her!

18. I am also planning on getting an Ichi head! Need to grab some more 10/4mm eyes for her, but so exciting! I love every single one of her skulpts (that and I will need bodies for two heads... oop)

19. These heads are really beautiful! Does anyone know their measurements in cm? May is my favorite

20. @aliquotiens I only have June but her head is just under 14cm around. She can share wigs with my Lati Yellow if that helps at all.