New Company Meeksdoll Murphy Preorder is Open!

Jun 1, 2018

1. Hi Everyone!
      A bit about me: My name is Aubrey Meeks and I am an independent sculptor from NYC. I received my BFA in Fine Arts with a focus on Painting and Sculpture. I've been trying to make dolls, all sorts of dolls, my whole life but it wasn't until I started to collect BJDs and joined DOA that I realized I could make dolls more than just a hobby. The main goal with Meeksdoll is to make unusual sculpts to portray characters in my dark fantasy world because I think I can convey so much more with doll-making than I personally can with writing :D

Now, I'm very proud to release my very first doll head, Meeksdoll Murphy.
      ORDER PERIOD: June 1, 2018 through June 7, 2018
      Available for purchase through the shop on Meeksdoll.com (paypal only)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      • Price: starting at €175.00 (about $200)
      • Head Circumference: about 22.5cm (8.8 inches)
        Neck Circumference: about 10.5
      • Made for about 70cm bodies
      • Available Resin Colors: Milk, Pink, Normal Yellow, Peach, Cookie, Light Tan, Dark Tan, and Dark Choco
      If you have any questions, please DM me here or email me at [email protected]
      Thank you!
      <3

Casted by tiffiesbjdcasting.com
      Blank head photos by Ana C. Santos

2. Is he limited only to this release or do you plan to release him again in the future?

3. @Prinsessen At this time, I believe this will be his one and only preorder. :D

4. One more question from me :XD:
      Do you know anything about resin matches? I am especially interested in the tan colours, but I don’t know anything about the casting company.

5. I did make this resin comparison but unfortunately my personal collection is lacking a variety of tan resin.
      The "cookie" color is a really pretty warm tan and the light tan is more cool.

[​IMG]

#5 AubreyMeeksArt, Jun 1, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    6. @Prinsessen I've just been informed that dark tan is similar to Resinsoul's dark tan
      I also have this image from @Choctopi with resin samples comparison from the same caster
      [​IMG]

7. Murphy's preorder is ending today! I will have a very small amount of stock in store after the pre-order but once this goes, Murphy will not be re-released.
      <3