1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mephisto.Pheles Horns

Nov 2, 2016

1. I'm relatively new to the hobby and one of the first dolls that I found striking was Doll Chateau's Mephisto.Pheles. Mostly, I was drawn the the giant segmented horns... I am curious to know if these horns can be modified to fit on another doll's head?

The images that are on Doll Chateau's page show the horns also serving as what looks like the back of Mephisto's head; The horns are secured on with the elastic in the horns wrapping around S hook in the neck/head.

I wasn't able to find anything in the forums (if there is a more appropriate place for this question or the answer exists already I would love to be redirected there!) I would appreciate any advise.

Many thanks in advance :)

#1 strawberrie_strudel, Nov 2, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    2. somehow I missed that whole horns as back of head without head cap part and just have my doll looking down all the time while wearing the horns at a hat. lol. I don't see why you can't place them on another head as long as the size is similar and it's head cap and not face plate system? anyway those horns are definitely sickest! :D

3. YES! is this possible?? I've only been looking at the pictures online and wasn't sure what it would be in person. What kind of head do you have the horns on? Do you have any pictures by any chance? Thank you for the quick response :)

4. I bought the horns separately for Cyril, so it's still an adult male DC head. they came strung with the elastic in the way of the head back, so as a hat it didn't work too well. Cyril's head had to point down to keep hat up. I was going to see if I could restring them separately without the connection in the middle and maybe with sueding to make the horns more posable. now i see the middle elastic has a purpose. but still probably simpler to just restring - i'd very likely lose the head cap otherwise. :P just packed up a bunch of stuff for studio move, so I'm not sure where anything is and can't take pics for you - not soon anyway - very sorry. :( but definitely, they could be used on other dolls.

5. ...
      Yeah, thinking that will probably make the best sense. Good to know at least that they might be able to sit on top of a similar sized head.

This is also a question I had so thanks for answering! I would love to make the horns angle a little differently and it sounds like a little sueding will help that along. Neat!

Good luck with your move and I'll stay tuned for any pictures that might manifest after. Many thanks!

6. happy to be able to provide some answers. I'll keep an eye out for them when I unpack and shoot pics. meanwhile thanks for the luck re. move. same to you for deciding whether or not to get the horns for your doll. :)