1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Doll Round

Jan 29, 2012

1. Thank you!! :D Angel Toast did an amazing job!

2. Kino got new eyes. 9mm is great for Zuri!

[​IMG]

3. She is such a gorgeous doll and your styling is so delightful! Her eyes look great! Are they small iris?

4. Has anyone else had a scuffing problem with their MDR bodies? I just noticed today that my Zuri's (Chocolate Milk skin) joints had white resin dust everywhere insider her joints. There's damage where the friction has caused scratches/scuffing. It was the worst on her shoulders, here's a picture I posted on my IG... Her arms were strung super tight, and the joints have a really snug fit, which has lead me to believe this was the cause of the problem. She had some scuffing on her neck, thighs and other joints too, but the shoulders were definitely the worst.
      I took her apart, rubbed the joints with magic eraser (I can still see the scuffs, but they're a little less noticeable now. I can feel them when I run my finger over them though), hot glue sueded her and restrung her less tight to prevent further damage. Might do a leather sueding in the future when I get supplies.

I'm a little bummed, and was wondering if I'm the only one who had this problem...

5. @tekkonkinkreet My Zuri had some of this issue, but I don't think it is outside of the bounds of normalcy for dark resin. I think that the Chocolate Milk resin tends to show dust/scuffs. The steps that you took of restringing her to be a little looser and adding hot glue suede are what I would have recommended. You could also consider giving her a coat of ZM spray. Then, the ZM spray would be dusting instead of the resin. But, as I said, I don't think that this is too terribly unusual for dark resin.

6. Has Nuria made any announcements about future Zuri pre-orders? I emailed her the other day, but haven't heard back.

7. Both my girls have light frictions issues in their tightest joints, like knees, and I agree that some of it is just the resin color making it more obvious. Restringing and hot glue sueding always help!

@whitebread I don’t know if she’s mentioned Zuri lately, but she’s been really heavily working on a new sculpt on instagram and on a new komorebi body. The body supposed to be for late this year so hopefully whenever she opens orders for new girl or the new body she’ll also have Zur.

8. [​IMG] Please meet my Fang

9. Very stylish

Teddy

10. Guys...I am drooling over this thread...

I have never been interested in Olathe but dang did y'all manage to change my mind...

I have my Grail doll, a Cookie Fang plus I have Strawberry Mousse and Milk Chocolate Zuri...

These dolls are true treasures and I'm so happy to be able to participate in this thread!

:love

11. Fang is such a gorgeous sculpt, congrats! But I'm still stuck on "I have never been interested in Olathe" She's so pretty! How have you resisted her siren call? I mean, clearly I'm biased, and hopeless, because I love mine to death
      [​IMG]

12. Honestly, I've never been a fan of how I've seen her styled by other people.

I know it's terrible to say but we all have different tastes in how we want our dolls to look and I've never seen one that caught my eye.

But there is one in this thread that caught my eye in tan and she has changed my entire perspective on this sculpt!

13. Thank you for convincing me that Olathe is incredible!
      This one is my most favorite I've ever seen...
      And now...I want one...well done

14. Thank you!

15. Ouch. Well, more love for MDR sculpts is only a good thing

16. Olathe is my favorite! I don't own one yet, but she has such a unique profile (love her cute and noble nose!).

It is interesting how sculpts you don't like at all sometimes end up being sculpts you love. I've always love the MDR style, but there are other dolls that had to grow on me. I think it's kind of fun to be surprised by love :)

Your Olathe is always a delight to see, @Girrl! If I had one, I would want to hybrid her like you did. I think Zuri fits perfectly on the cute little original body, but since Olathe, Fang, and Ophelia are larger heads, I would prefer them on taller bodies.

17. Does anyone have the exact CM measurements for Zuri's head? I've been googling but haven't been able to find it.

18. This was posted earlier in the thread! Someone asked about Zuri's head size, and JenniferCatherine replied with the above message. I can't confirm it (don't have a Zuri) but I hope it helps.

19. ...no more DOA before coffee, I guess. Thank you!

20. LOL, you're welcome! I find the search engine a bit mysterious, so I was lucky to be able to find that information again, after remembering it was somewhere. I'm glad I could help.