1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Doll Round

Jan 29, 2012

1. Oh yes! What a fantastic gift. Fang and a Zuri are so gorgeous and are both on my wishlist-- but I've bought too much this year already. But it's Fang. Ah, MDR girls are so gorgeous.

2. Wow, the cookie skin MDR girls sold out within 10 minutes. Holy smokes.

3. Ah I'm so disappointed - Nuria said she put the dolls up two hours ago when I messaged her at the time they should have gone up! I checked and re-checked the right timezone time, and got up at 2:30. :( No cookie Fang for me!

4. I am so disappointed I missed the stock girls. I was really gunning for Olathe. Agh, I have my Ophelia to keep me company while I begin the long journey of posting WTBs and searching for one haha. [​IMG]

5. After a year of coveting Zuris in the wild, I have my very own coming soon thanks to the stock sale! I fully expected that they would all be spoken for by the time I was able to check the site.

This is not the MOST financially sound decision I've ever made, but... Zuri.

My only regret is that Dango has to wait for another day.

6. In celebration of starting a layaway for my second Juvenile MDR girl, here's some spam of my cookie Fang ❤️
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. Can anyone help me out with understanding Merry Doll Round's color choices?

Mousse and Bunyol are on preorder for the next week or so, and I would love to buy one, but I'm torn about the colors! The available colors are Strawberry, Chocolate Milk, and Chocolate. I'd like something "tan" because most of my dolls have light skin, and I'm leaning strongly to Chocolate Milk, but it looks different in all the photos.

Is it more of a medium grey-brown color (dark like Dollshe Pale Tan, even if the tone is not the same) or is it more of a lighter tan (like Dollshe Copper Oriental, Fairyland Tan, etc.)?

Thank you!

8. Strawberry is a pleasant pinky white color, Milk chocolate is a...hmm a bit darker than copper Oriental, and fairly cool toned imo. Chocolate is like a Hershey bar!

9. Thank you, @Tsuki56! I was using the Dollshe colors as an example, since I have some pieces of Tan and Copper Oriental on hand. The Chocolate really does look like a delicious color!

10. No worries!! I hope it helps!

11. Can someone point me to pictures of the new komerobi body? I just realized the preorder schedule for this year!!!

12. I vaguely remember seeing something about the bigger MDR heads (Ophelia, Olathe, Fang) being resized for smaller SD bodies, has that already happened?
      It's a major bummer for me since the majority of my dolls are SD+, any smaller than 60cm doesn't fit scale as an adult, and I really don't see these lovely sculpts as kids (maybe teens, but most teenage girls aren't growing any taller...)
      anywho, photo spam of my Olathe, Taline (she's on the 60cm Supia body)
      [​IMG]

13. I hadn't realized hey were sized for larger SD bodies.

I only have Merry and I have her on a Luts Delf body with the boobs sanded off (I have her as a nine year old):
      [​IMG]

Teddy

14. Thank you Tappy_paws! I will go look!

15. just had to go and prove me wrong about MDR sculpts not working as kids ;) She's really cute and I love her dress (especially the bias trim band just above the hem :love)

16. {GRIN!!}
      Thanks. I love the way the Victorians used self-trim so try to get a bit of it onto the outfits I make.

Teddy

17. Hey guys! I was lucky enough to get an Olathe during the pre-christmas mini-sale but am now really struggling to find her nice shoes, do you guys have any suggestions? (Nice black or red heels or something please! Trainers seem to be much easier to find but not applicable to the character sadly.)

18. Hi everyone! I can’t believe I haven’t posted pictures of my girl on this thread yet!

[​IMG]

This is Charlie, my MDR Ophelia. She’s a hybrid and I’ve had her since 2015. I decided to quit the hobby back in 2014 but the Ophelia preorder on 2015 made me come back in an instant. <3 She’s my grail doll and I love her so much! If it weren’t for her, I never would have returned to the BJD hobby. :D

#859 indollgence, Apr 29, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    19. Oh, @indollgence , she's lovely! What body is she on? It looks like a nice hybrid.