1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Metis Doll Studio 12cm-30cm Discussion

May 7, 2021

1. Metis Doll Studio is a small single-artist company based in Beijing. Their Instagram is metis.mihui but they are much more active on Weibo (found their account by googling ‘metis doll weibo’).

ETA: They have a Taobao shop but I haven't been able to find it. They formerly had a website made with Etsy Pattern and also an Etsy shop, which is where I bought my first two dolls from them. But they ran into issues with Etsy and said their shop was deleted. As fair warning, quite a few people had issues with orders placed through Etsy in the month or so before the shop was deleted, and had trouble getting responses, and no one that I heard got a refund... some people have been in communication with the artist, some have dolls now shipped to them, but it seems there are still customer service issues ongoing and people who have not been responded to and are not sure they will get their dolls.

As of 1/23/2022 they announced on Instagram that luladoll.cn will be their new international dealer.

Below is a list of their tiny molds.

30cm fashion dolls on ‘Supermodel’ body:
      Blair
      Amanda
      Candice
      Molly
      32cm male dolls:
      Fox
      Edward

29cm big head 1/6 girls:
      Becky
      Angelina

24cm mature 1/6 girls:
      Alice (open and closed eyes)
      Bella
      Chloe (open and sleepy eyes)
      24.5cm mature 1/6 boys:
      David
      Cliff
      26cm mature 1/6 ‘Fairy’ girls:
      Jillian
      Evangeline
      25cm bobble-headed 1/6 girl:
      Virgo

1/12 scale tinies:
      Alice (open and closed eyes)
      Bella
      Chloe
      12.5cm tiny boys:
      David
      Cliff
      13cm fairy girls with transparent wings:
      Evangeline (open and closed eyes)
      Jillian

#1 aliquotiens, May 7, 2021
      Last edited: May 10, 2022
    2. Thanks so much for this. So helpful as I love my 12cm Alice and would love another 12cm and maybe a 30 cm doll as well

3. I'm waiting for them to release Molly on 30cm

btw, would you know if it's still safe to order via Etsy now or it's advisable to order directly from their website?

also, any thoughts which scale is better in terms of durability and choices of outfits? 30cm or 40cm?

I read on their IG that the 30cm line was somewhat an experiment...

I've really been looking into getting a Molly for the longest time now

#3 kinoi, Jun 2, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    4. I only have experience ordering thru Etsy, although my dolls have been cast I’m still waiting for a shipping notice 2 months later. While the listings on the website and Etsy are still active, Mihui did say on Instagram that they were only intended for people to finish making layaway payments. So if you order now it may be a longish wait. They also told me in messages (they always get back to me if I have any questions) that they will be releasing some ready-to-buy dolls soon - maybe some 30cm as they’ve been posting many pictures of them?

As for clothes I think the 43cm will be somewhat easier to find things for. They are fairly close in measurements to many Russian fashion BJD, Tonner dolls and Fashion Royalty 16”. The 30cm dolls are slimmer than others in that size range like Barbie and Fashion Royalty 12” - but are still comparable. Here’s a pic for comparison: Login • Instagram

1/4 scale is absolutely easier to work with - painting, restringing, wigging, and DEFINITELY sewing is much easier on a slightly larger doll (many people complain about even 1/4 fashion dolls being super difficult to work with because they have small heads and are skinny).

I suppose 1/4 dolls are usually more sturdy than 1/6 but I wouldn’t be worried about them being super delicate. I have 1/12 mature dolls who are so tiny and thin but I haven’t had any issues.

5. Thanks for this, their Instagram also shows Azoc studios BJD, does anyone know their company website?
      This is one of their dolls:
      https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/20448506/O1CN01FIezsn2ChncNMpX7h_!!20448506.png

6. That doll is currently listed on New Clover Singing

7. #7 stellarphenomena, Jun 3, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    8. Unfortunately metis doll is no longer making the 12cm dolls. I sent her a message asking about Chloe and she told me :(

9. this is so disappointing!

10. I'm a bit disappointed with their shop. I was thinking of ordering one of their dolls because judging on the fact that if I go to their site they show prices in British Pounds and say "free UK delivery", I got the impression the artist was UK-based. There was no info about them on their own site, but at least thanks to DoA I have found out they are based in China, which I'd rather not buy from because I don't want to end up paying import tax on what is already an expensive doll.
      I am puzzled about their doll availability too. The website, and even etsy says "ready to ship", but reading further on etsy it says "ready to dispatch in 6-8 weeks" and "shipping from China". Just disappointed. Why lure the buyer in with false information.

#10 shelley, Jun 30, 2021
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    11. it is as i love my Alice so would have bought another one

12. Hey everyone, with Metis etsy site being down (possibly forever) does anyone know where to get all the size info? I'm trying to buy eyes for my Blair and have no idea what size to get

13. I got my 24cm Alice! She is lovely!

14. I got my 12cm Chloe and Cliff! Boy are they tiny!

15. I ordered a 12cm David from Luladoll and recieved him in about 3 weeks. So glad I got a brother for my 12cm Alice.

I also joined the pre-order on Luladoll for Becky, expected wait time is 4-6 months.

16. Hi all, when it says the doll comes nude with eyes, does that mean it is a blank doll? Or does it come with a faceup? Thanks <3

17. It means it comes without a faceup

18. Thank you!

19. I just stumbled across these dolls via another thread on here. Is Luladoll truly the only place to get them from? If so, can Luladoll arrange to get one with a faceup or outfit or you basically have to order whatever they have? I really like her Evangeline doll.