1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miadoll discussion

Sep 22, 2011

1. I saw the announcement too. So shocked and glad I ordered on opening night!:aeyepop:
      Now I'm convinced it may end up a half-a-year wait.

@tangy_melon
      I had ordered the bodies before ordering the heads lol!

I went for a special group order of Akagidoll bodies on Taobao.
      (I *sent a message to Akagidoll directly with a link to the shop to confirm if it is a legit service and they said it is)

I got the yellow color swatch from last year's Soo, but New Normal Heads.
      I know some people are bothered by slight color differences, but I am not, so...... I'll be ok with it. :P

My twins will be 22.5-23.5cm tall.
      This is where the "special order" talk enters, the regularly offered bodies are normal sized YoSDs at 27 cm and 28cm (long legged option).
      I'm getting my Soo runts as planned!
      I also planned to make them ginger but I'm kinda wavering on that idea now.

I love Taobao :love and sorry if I overshared but I figured some people want to know this can be done!:dance

#181 dolliberate, Aug 1, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    2. WOAHHH talk more Lmfao! Are they designing shorter legs for your babs?

3. Congrats on ordering! I'll be happy to see all the new soo's that come in

4. I went with both in pink I'm very bad uwu""!!

It is strange!!! XD I used to say I was Tangy_melon in my BIO but I wasn't active enough to keep it ahaha

Having this thread to chat about miadoll is so refreshing in a way. On IG it's not so easy for things to stay relevant (or searchable)

5. Actually I mentioned I wanted a smaller body and they offered to let me join a special group order.
      There had been at least a few collectors before me who requested a shorter body and I was lucky to ask and they let me in. :P

I don't think will need to design a new body--they must already have it. I sometimes see "special order" bodies on company websites that are priced like 99999 and I think they will be one of those!

I'm imagining definitely stubbier legs, but perhaps a smaller body as well. I didn't ask for photos, silly me!

As I've learned this is how a lot of Chinese collectors get special colors as well (like those tan Napidoll Carol babies on Instagram!). And special body matching services by legit companies like Akagidoll and others.

6. @dolliberate Do you have a Taobao link for this special order or the store name? I'm always on the lookout for smaller YoSD bodies. Thanks!

@tangy_melon Yes it's more fun to have a real discussion here rather than just individual IG posts! Congrats on two Soos!

@nancy_schroeder_ca Congrats on getting both Soos! So wise to decide on a color early. I should have known better, her heads always sell fast. Next time! :XD:

7. @D795

It was this shop. I also love the tinier bodies so please tell me if you know of other ones. ^^

8. I'll posty these pics and maybe they will help someone later on! Miadoll hybrid with dollmore idoll body This body was made them feel younger than the yosd version
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. @D795 Especially about miadoll AHH :fangirl: Do you mind posting some hybrid photos of your baby?

#189 tangy_melon, Aug 2, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    10. I have found out about this too! I know for Napidoll, Dolk's taobao shop does coloring orders occasionally! I know this shop does color matching on the regular for bodies. They have listings constantly open

11. @tangy_melon Here are two photos of my Soo with his Littlefee Baby body. He is feeling quite self conscious:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am the one who bought the iDoll body from you on IG! You are so nice and I still owe you a photo of my sleeping Soo head on it. My sleeping Soo has been having a hard time with his face up, and he is away for another face up right now. I hope I will be happy with him this time and I'll post when he is back.

@dolliberate Thank you for the Taobao shop link! I have found smaller bodies from iDoll (which I bought from @tangy_melon) and also Comibaby has a 22.5cm doll here. I thought the Comibaby was very cute, although it's not very chubby and I know nothing about this doll company. Please do let us know how your doll body turns out, I'm very curious!

I am a fan of Fairyland Littlefee bodies so when I saw a Littlefee Baby for sale I jumped on the chance. It looks just as I hoped (the resin has yellowed significantly so it's a better match), but I have to say it doesn't pose nearly as well as the regular Littlefees. I'm going to learn to restring him when I have to courage to do so.

#191 D795, Aug 2, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    12. @D795 AHH!!! My memory fails me once again! I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner! :blush

Thank you for the hybrid photos and thank you little one for being brave for photos >7<!! I'm sure these will help someone in the future and I've always been curious about this hybrid. I'm happy it works so well! Littlefee babies are very rare to see second hand right?

13. @tangy_melon Oh no problem! I just feel bad about not getting back to you sooner with a photo for the sale. I really like the iDoll body, it looks like a baby. It seems quite a few of us feel that Soo is younger than the typical YoSD and needs a smaller body, I'm glad we can all discuss it here. One of your IG posts showed a pair of very chubby baby legs, which body is that?

I have seen two Littlefee Babies for sale in the past year, one here and one on eBay (I bought the one on eBay). They are pretty rare but they do come up.

14. @D795 I forgot to say good luck with the second face-up try! I'm sorry the first didn't work out, what was the reason?

I think it's because Soo has a very round infant-like face, even more so than regular yosd! Like, some yosd feel more like chibi's or toddlers/children if that makes sense?

Here I will show my soo head on the three tiny bodies I have! Islandoll Bru, Luts Tiny Delf, and 365do or 36.5do. Sorry they are not as cute reference photos. :blush I hope to face-up my Soo by the end of the summer uwu'' (I know 365do would not be DOA approved on its own but it is in photos with approved dolls and is just for reference.) My personal favorite is Islandoll Bru and that is the one I use for soo! (It works best with a silicone kip btw)

[​IMG]
      Bru normal pink, luts yellowed normal, 365 normal (pink tone irl) Soo head in normal pink
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

For 365do I would like to note the artist does not approve of hybriding. I stumbled upon them commenting on IG being sad to see a soo hybrid. uwu!! I don't plan on using it for Soo and using for the original head but figured I would show reference as the 365do clothes fit the Bru body nicely! Despite its chunkiness the bru body fits baggy tiny clothes well like from ttya! Anything that looks a bit loose on tinies I would say they might fit.

#194 tangy_melon, Aug 2, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    15. Thank you so much for all the wonderful pics! I’m sure it’s a good resource for someone like me.

The body matches look great!!’

Is the idoll body in white skin? @tangy_melon ?

Is the fairyland body in normal skin, the Nia head in yellow? @D795?

They are both perfect!!!

16. @tangy_melon I love the three baby bodies together! Bru is a real find, those legs! 365do matches really well too and it's an adorable body. For my future Soo I will try Bru. :lol: Thank you for such well done reference photos with so much useful information!

I wasn't happy with my sleeping Soo's face up because he was quite flushed and his lips were a bit purple, so I thought he looked sick with a fever... I kept telling myself that I was imagining it, but in the end this just made me avoid him. I finally decided to try again.

@dolliberate Yes it's Fairyland normal skin with Soo yellow. This body really yellowed so it became a close match. I can't wait to see your complete Soo with the Akagidoll body!

17. The idoll is in normal pink! To me it's a perfect match to new normal pink Soo! I think they have normal yellow and white but I'm not sure!

(I asked for them to make normal pink and a listing for it since they don't have a body listing normally)

18. AHH! I feel this! I had a normal yellow soo and it's faceup was very pretty but very purple uwu! The purp definitely makes a difference ahahah

Who are you going with for a face-up?

The lovely chunkness ah yis join me!

19. @tangy_melon I'm going with Shaiel for the face up. She originally did both my open eyed Soo and the closed eyed one a few months apart, but her colors changed and it made them really different in real life. For a while I was too shy to ask her to redo sleeping Soo, but finally I did. She is super nice and understanding about it.

20. @D795
      I looked her stuff up its so nice! How long will the wait be?