1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Migidoll M-Cute

May 28, 2013

1. My hiro arrived a while ago and I totally forgot to post a picture here!

[​IMG]

I am so happy with him! ^_^
      He needs a new wig though....don't think he's a blonde. :P

2. This thread's been so quiet as of late. Just found out about Migidoll's mini line and I'm in love with Sun! I plan on making him a hybrid with Luts' MDF body.

May I request some Sun spam please? :love

3. hello, i hear that the migidoll cute body
      doesnt pose very good is this true?
      if that`s the case does anybody knows a good body for a migidoll
      cute body in suntan skin?

4. IS VERY TRUE. And I'm in these days very upset since I was in a convention and I bring with me my Migidoll Sun (still is very new)... moreover, he have a leg more long than another, in the sense that, since the parts of the knee bend are not well made, the more protruding part of the knee tend to lift a little his right leg, so he looks like have a more long leg compared the other... and he can't stay in pose for long.... at first you don't notice that, since he looked well restringed... but after just 1 month (and I don't even play with him at all), he already tends to lean forward continuously. I could not even take a pic with him in my hand, he keeps to throw himself forwards all the time. I'm right now so upset that I was going to contact Migidoll, but (since everytime I write them), they never reply me back. So I'm sure that I will never get a Migidoll again . They posability is really terrible!!. (I own Migidoll Cute M line)

Ok... I'm one of the most big supporter of Migidoll Sun here! Lol
      I just have to give a warm advise: if you are planning to get Sun, please consider to order him with his official face up like in the website photos... unless you are very good to do a face up to BJDs. As you'll see in my pics spam, he don't looks so good because I did the face up myself...
      He's beautiful in the official photos, but to be honest, until now, I haven't seen very GOOD photos of him with other custom face ups.... the only photos in which he looks really good is with his original face up. (and even more if is possible to get him with the limited face up of the photos in migidoll page... there, the face up is much more 'darker' and he looks more beautiful. with basic-simple make up, he looks too 'childlike', and his face looks too simple and anonymous. So be careful to his face up!

Here my Migidoll Sun- (soon I'm going to send him to a very good Italian BJDs's face up artist that will make a new and decent face up for him! I really can't wait!)

Here we go: Migidoll Sun photo spam is below! XD

[​IMG]

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20151125_00_37_18_Pro_zpsdbtjnthg.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20151125_00_56_17_Rich_zpsdbdnaa0f.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20160210_00_18_17_Rich_zps1hl5rmxv.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20160224_22_02_48_Pro_zpsnbblbpzy.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20160210_00_13_36_Pro_zpsalufctvj.jpg

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae13/blogamebapic/WP_20160214_02_14_54_Pro_zpsbymjyn8l.jpg

#204 soulcalibur33, May 25, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
    5. @Soulcaliber33 Thanks for the heads up and sharing pics of your Sun! He's a handsome guy! ^_^ Can't wait to see him with his new face up!

I'm actually practicing doing my own face-ups and while I'm still just a beginner and no where near as good as some other artists, I feel doing my own customization will bring me closer with my dolls (and be cheaper, lol). It's turning out to be a very frustrating, but rewarding experience learning as I go.

The look I wanted for my Sun was an emo/punk look, and I know I'll be re-doing his face up several times before I get it the way I want (which is fine). I also plan to do some facial and ear piercing mods. He's got a long way to go before he becomes the OC I have in mind (but he has to come HOME first, lol).

#205 Akemi3167, May 26, 2016
      Last edited: May 26, 2016
    6. @Akemi3167 Im glad I could be helpful somehow!
      I cant wait to see your Migidoll Sun in punk version! :)

7. Hi, everyone! Really sorry if this is in the wrong place - most of the threads seem to be about specific dolls, but I have some general MSD questions. If this thread is out of line, please feel free to delete and toss me out the window for throwing off the forum's groove!

So! I'm REALLY considering getting a Migidoll Sun. He'll be my first MSD (I have a huge, awesome, 70" IOS Osiris at home and an IOS Sezz with a 60" body being paid for) and I'm super excited since he fits a character of mine pretty much to a T. Found him while trawling Migidoll (their heads are gorgeous and I've been watching them forever) and fell in love. I even bit back my shyness and asked Migidoll when they were making him available again!

The caveat: Migidoll didn't have bodies at all when I was last in the hobby (couldn't afford it for the longest time), and after doing some research, apparently the Cute bodies are absolute crap (and imo they don't look terrific either, but it's not like he'll be naked, so I can live with that). On top of poor poseability, it seems that they're not even made well, with large seams and uneven part lengths. The price is great ($300 for doll + wig + shipping!), but I'm not sure it's worth the sacrifice of quality. Now I'm thinking I'll get the Sun head and find another body... or just plain look for another MSD, since I've read Migidoll has some uniquely small proportions that don't play well with other companies. Oh, and I already bought an Iplehouse-sized outfit for him (which would have been fine since he's supposed to be a little small for his clothes).

The questions: Which company makes the absolute best MSD male in terms of quality and poseability? What about best and cheapest? I'm still pretty new the hobby and have basically no personal experience (IOS Osiris's body seems fine to me for the most part), and I'm not very familiar with the doll companies, so after days of running around in circles not really knowing what I was doing, I figured I'd ask you guys, the MSD experts. I'd like to have Sun's head on a good body, but I'm also open to the idea that there exists an even more perfect head+body sculpt for a similar price out there. You guys would know a thousand times better than I would, and I'm sorry to ask such wide-reaching questions, but Sun is going to open this month (supposedly, they said he would open last month and he didn't), I'm in the process of moving, and I really don't want to miss the window if Migidoll really is a good deal.

Thanks in advance for any replies, and sorry for the long post. *_*

8. Hi there. :daisy

Welcome to the world of 1/4 BJDs----there are certainly a lot to choose from. I can't help with Migidoll hybrids; your best bet would probably be to post in the Migidoll M-Cute thread and see if other owners could help you with comparisons.

As for which 1/4 doll brand is the "best," that's highly subjective. Many hobbyists collect Fairyland MNFs and will tell you they pose best, while others prefer different companies. Among the minis in my crew, my best posers are my Loongsoul, my Mystic Kids, and my Fairyland MNF. Of those, my Mystic Kids had the lowest pricetag of $200 + shipping (blank). Those brands may not offer the style aesthetic you're looking for, though.

I'm sorry I can't help you more. If you ever would like to see comparisons of the mini brands I own (listed in my profile), please feel free to send me a PM. :thumbup

9. Thanks, that link is sure to be super helpful! I've got some reading ahead of me, lol. Edit: Whoops, already read that whole thing earlier (I should pay more attention to topic titles apparently), but I'll be asking some questions there for sure.

I've heard mention of Fairyland MNFs - I'll be sure to check them out. I'll also poke around Loongsoul and Mystic Kids (that price sounds good!). If the neck sizes work out, those bodies might be just the thing. I'll certainly take you up on that offer if I need more pics! Thank you! :)

10. You're welcome. :)

You can find Fairyland's website here, while Loongsoul and Mystic Kids are both sold through Alice's Collections (among many other dealers). There are also a few companies that offer resin-matching services for an additional fee, so if you end up buying the Migidoll Sun head and like any of those bodies you could request a custom color match. Off the top of my head, the companies that offer that include Impldoll, Angell-Studio, and 5StarDoll.

Good luck! :thumbup

11. Thanks for the links! I'll be drowning in doll comparisons for the rest of the evening (not a bad way to spend the next few hours, lol). That resin-matching sounds great, hope it's not too expensive. This hobby can get seriously overwhelming, especially when it comes to hybrids. *_* I've been too afraid to venture into hybrids because of it until now, but it might be time!

12. I think the custom color service(s) average around $60 extra or so.

I only have one hybrid, but he was fun to complete (even though the first body I bought for him didn't work out, heh). But now he's exactly how I envisioned him. Not to throw more links onto your pile, but there's a huuuuuuuuge resin comparison database here that can be particularly useful for hybrids. :XD:

13. Extremely useful! Thank you! :whee: I'm going to have to start a new bookmark folder for all this research, lol.

14. Migidoll Sun is next on my list as well (anxiously waiting for MIgidoll to re-release them), and I've done my share of researching for the perfect body. So far, Luts' MDF bodies seem to be the best fit scale and resin match wise in my opinion. There was a post in the MDF thread with a Sun head on a MDF body here:

Luts Model Delf 45cm (MDF) mature mini discussion part 1

Migidoll also just released some news about retiring their current Cute body line and upgrading them next year, so I'm thinking about holding off on the body for now and seeing if the improvements are well worth it. If they're anything like the 60 cm bodies, then I'm all for it! Good luck and can't wait to see more owner pics!

#214 Akemi3167, Jul 15, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    15. Looks like MD is re-vamping their Cute M body line and having a sale for current bodies and heads:

Dream is now here..... Migidoll...

I hope the new body is similar to the newest 60 cm bodies; I love the lines on those! :D

16. I can't wait to see the revamped cute line. Hopefully they have make some mature male MSDs. I had messaged them during their Ethan launch that I would adore an Ethan doll but SD wasn't really my size. I absolutely fell in love with him and all their SD sculpts. I think there is such a market for someone to come in and make more mature looking males in MSD size so I'm hoping they are taking that into consideration. It seems like you can find mature females in MSD size, but no males to match them. Crossing my fingers they are heading in this direction. Migidoll sculpts are really underrated in my opinion.

#216 Meggethann, Jul 16, 2016
      Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    17. MSD scale of their current heads would be amazing! I would love a Jina or Miho head in MSD size! Probably choose one of those heads over Sun for my only MSD boy. LUTS' has a mature MSD line which is the body I was going to hybrid a Sun with, but since MD is re-vamping I'll probably wait for owner pics and reviews.

Oh, and for everyone waiting to purchase one of the Cute heads, they'll be on sale on 7/18, next Monday!

18. I just ordered Sun but didn't read here first. I'm now worried about what the quality of his body is going to be like :(.

19. @Jupeycat I wouldn't worry too much. You might have some luck with the body. And if not, you can always replace later on.

20. I hope so or I will be back here asking what bodies fit him!!

Tags: