1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miro Doll Product Review

Jun 22, 2014

1. Miro Doll
      http://www.mirodoll.com/

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.
      PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS.

2. * What did you order?
      60cm boy body
      * When did you order?
      07/30/2014
      I think so, it was on sale for $109 USD which I find really remarkable and the cheapest on the market from what I can tell.
      Yes, basically. There was only one picture displayed of the body in the default white color on the ordering page. But I wasn’t surprised by the sculpt when I received it in the mail.
      Yes and no. I am in love with the body sculpt and the fact it is double jointed. However, the strings are next to impossible to control (or maybe it is my inexperience talking) but I can’t get the strings to stay put. They are tight as can be but his body refuses to stand straight. It’s been frustrating trying to fight the strings into position and get this body to stand upright.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product?
      I love the detailing with the veins and I love the muscular physique. If you are looking for a muscular body that isn’t too over the top this is the body to get. He is reasonably structured.
      The body’s feet can’t move too much. There isn’t a ball but a flat cut straight across which has VERY limited movement. The same goes for his hands and his torso. Very minimal flexibility or movement.
      I might! They have VERY cheap accessories, clothing, wigs, eyes and shoes. I might also be tempted to purchase a female sculpt from them sometime in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doll body, eyes, and glasses were all purchased from Miro Doll. The limegreen box and bodybag were also from that company.

The head sculpt is from LUTS. (Summer 2014 Event Head)

[​IMG]

3. * What did you order?
      60cm boy body and 1/3 shoes
      * When did you order?
      14-06-14
      The price is unbelievable. I used to worry that their quality might be not so good because of the price but when I had decided to try to order a body for my Luts summer events head, it turned out that the body was as good as many companies. I don't regret to order it at all.
      Yes.
      Yes. The body is really cheap, so I can't ask for more. The body came with bad stringing, so I just restrung it again by myself. Only thing that I was a bit disappointed, is 1/3 shoes. They don't fit to their body at all (although it was said to fit).
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product?
      The products are quite OK in my opinion and their service/shipping is also really nice and fast.
      If I have another suitable resin match for hybrid, I will definitely order a body from them again.

4. *What did you order?
      I ordered 2 XM-Doll Lemon bodies in NS
      * When did you order?
      November 1, 2014
      100% appropriate, a steal actually because the resin is so smooth and the bodies are such high quality and fantastic posers
      Yup
      I was because the bodies are great, but I can't seem to get the ballerina feet option to work
      One positive was that the customer service was great, they responded to my questions promptly and were very polite though the whole thing :) The only thing was I sent a few comparison photos of my Ringdoll Pan head that I was going to hybrid on the XM-Doll body and although they said it would be a close match, the normal skin they sent is MUCH paler than what I was told. There is also the fact that although the measurements on the site say that the neck in 9cm, it is too big for both of my 9cm head boys so I'll need to do some modding on the bodies. But overall I still love the bodies and the company was very nice to work with :)
      I will, I'm considering buying another XM-Doll body from them soon because their normal skin is a fairly close match to Dollshe Freshskin it turns out :)

5. glytzygryphon said:
      "the strings are next to impossible to control (or maybe it is my inexperience talking) but I canโ€™t get the strings to stay put. They are tight as can be but his body refuses to stand straight. Itโ€™s been frustrating trying to fight the strings into position and get this body to stand upright."

I bought 62 inch Mika. Everything stated above about e boy was the same for me. I have experience stringing dolls and I had a lot of difficulty with the body. I had to use hot glue sueding to get her to stop collapsing. None of the joints stay where you want them.
      Also the body came with the thigh pieces on the wrong legs.

The positive for me is that I wanted an ethnic looking dark skinned doll, and her head sculpt delivered on that.

6. * What did you order?
      I ordered a 60cm Annie. She is my first ever BJD, so keep in mind that I do not have any other dolls to base this review on.
      * When did you order?
      I ordered the doll on layaway around the middle of September. I made my last payment late November and received the doll on December 2nd, which, in my opinion, was very fast shipping time.
      The quality honestly surpassed my expectation for the price. All the seams were sanded, there were no imperfections I could see, and the body and head sculpt were both impressively detailed for a less expensive doll.
      When I originally ordered, the sales pictures were not all that great. The doll looks a lot better in person than it did in those pictures. However, they have since updated the pictures and I think they show the doll well.
      I was very satisfied with the product.
      People have mentioned that it is difficult to get the dolls to pose. Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I restrung the doll so that her legs are incredibly tightly strung and she will stand pretty stably now, but she does have to be incredibly tight. I still have not gotten her arms tight enough, so they are a bit flopping. I think sueding may be necessary to get them to hold poses. However, the doll is quite flexible and the sculpt is very beautiful. I particularly love the elbows and hands. Their service was phenomenal: they were always so polite and kind when I emailed them and were willing to answer all of my questions. They actually sent me an extra head for free. I'm not exactly sure of the sculpt, but I think it is a 1/4 male. I noticed that they did not send eyes, which they said were included, so I'm thinking this is why they sent the head instead. I'm assuming they had run out of eyes and decided to send something of greater value in place of them, which was honestly a huge positive for me because it will be great to have an extra head to practice faceups on.
      I would definitely buy more from this company.

7. * What did you order? I ordered a Mirodoll 60cm ns Annie (including face-up) with a small bust. I also got some extra string, a string puller, an extra bag, heel feet, and a free 1/4 Lili head.
      * When did you order? November 28th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. There were some rough spots in the insides of some of the joints, but nothing rough is visible when she's posing normally. Considering the low, low price with the sale going on especially, I can't complain at all. Also, my only other doll to compare to is Iplehouse, so they're obviously much higher end than Mirodoll.
      The 1/4 head is cute, but a big thing was that the magnet for the headcap has come unglued one way. I'm not too bothered, since it seems like an incredibly easy fix. And it was a free add-on, so...
      The only real complaint is that the second I took the brown paper off the box, this weird chemical smell escaped. It seems to be strongest on the cushions, and it kind of smells like a sealant. I'm sure it'll go away with time.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Honestly, the face-up was WAY better in person. I also was unclear what she came with (this being my first company doll order), but she did come with eyelashes and eyes. Overall, I think the sales pictures sold her a bit short.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I'd say so. I think she might need restringing (at least partially) since her arms and head are weirdly tight, but I can handle it. Honestly, considering the price I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really do think Mirodoll delivered.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Other than what I've already said, I liked that the headcap wasn't hooked on like Iplehouse's are. It makes the whole thing much easier to control when removing it. That said, I feel like if I took the head off to get better control with the eyes, it'd be more of a pain to get back on. It's just different to me, mostly. Another thing is that her skin was smoother than I was expecting, which is also really not good or bad, just different. Her joints seem to lock into place well, particularly her legs. I feel like she's going to stand a LOT easier than my oldYID. My biggest complaint is that her head is REALLY hard to pose. With the oldYID, I can really position her head any way, but it's very difficult to make Annie look up or down. Considering her dramatic brow, I wish she could look up a bit more. Restringing might fix it, so we'll see.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Maybe! When I have some more doll money I might consider getting one of their bodies to supplement a pricier head. I feel like a lot of people do this and it seems like a really practical option.

Here're some pictures. The 1/4 head's magnet situation, Annie's face, and Annie sitting.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

8. * What did you order?
      - Mirodoll Rain, 68cm
      * When did you order?
      - 15 March 2016
      - It surprisingly was, better even. For such a cheap price, the doll was of good quality for me. ^-^ His resin is smooth to touch and without any need for sanding.
      - It did!
      - I am very much satisfied with my purchase! :`)
      - Positives:
      ~ The quality of resin was really good, and at an affordable price at that!
      ~ Processing time was really fast, I got him in less than a month (13 April 2016).
      ~ The packaging was really nice and well-kept.
      - Negative:
      ~ Since I am a newbie BJD owner, I am having difficulty in how to re-string him. It would have helped if there was an instruction manual of sorts included. No worries, though! Since Google is always available. Hihi it's just a suggestion. ^-^
      - Definitely! The staff was really nice and accommodating, and their products are of good quality. I even got a freebie! >w<

[​IMG]

9. What did you order?
      62cm girl body in grey
      * When did you order?
      April 2016
      I think so, I wasn't expecting a huge amount for the price
      Yes, very accurate
      Yes, overall, but I'll be modding the body. If I had bought it to keep as is I would have been less happy.
      Negatives: The seams were sanded and there are visible scuff marks all around the former seam lines. There are some pockmarks in the resin, as though there had been air bubbles. There is a yellowish stain on one of her elbows. The kneecaps don't fit together smoothly. There are scratches all around the neck hole.
      Positives: The resin is quite smooth and the colour of the resin is uniform. It's a pretty nice looking body for the price.
      I might, but only for a doll I wasn't planning to show unclothed much or pose a whole lot. The company were very pleasant to buy from and it's great to have options for dolls/bodies in this budget range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      The scratches around the neck

10. * What did you order?
      Mirodoll Wind (NS) with faceup

* When did you order?
      Feb. 27, 2014

yes. she was sturdy and had a very cute face. We tightened the elastic and sueded her with hot glue ans she's a posing wiz now!

yes, faceup was even prettier than company photos!

very satisfied

POSITIVES: She was extremely affordable and beautiful and the wait time was very short!!! She shipped March 16, 2014 and arrived less than a week after shipping!
      NEGATIVES: she was loosely strung and did need tightening and sueding to pose well.

ABSOLUTELY!!! As a matter of fact I place an order for three more dolls ( 1/4 Lili and 1/4 Yaya both in dark chocolate, and 1/3 Mika in tan with large bust option.)

[​IMG]

11. * What did you order?
      Mirodoll Wind 62cm bjd w/ face-up

* When did you order?
      April 4, 2016

Absolutely!

Yes, actually I like her better in reality.

Yes, very, she is adorable, and the resin is beautiful.

Positive:
      Extras in box, a small doll, eyes
      I liked that the face-up was fairly delicate, not overdone
      Mirodoll owner answered so many of my newbie questions via fb messaging, had a really nice conversation with her, super genuine and responsive
      Negative:
      Box came damaged, so couldn't re-use
      Doll comes strung very loosely, so posing wasn't an option until I learned to tighten the cords

Yes, and I hope that they continue to create new sculpts! It's nice to see a variety of faces.[​IMG]

12. * What did you order?
      68cm Boy Rain -Light Grey skin-

* When did you order?
      A few months ago, I was on layaway with Mirodolls.

In my opinion, I was generally disappointed in it, there were too many strings and it was a struggle to put his head on despite the joints to be very lose but--then I thought he was extremely cheap for almost an uncle sized doll!

Hmmm...Somewhat yes. It looked better than the pictures to be exact.

I am somewhat satisfied with the product. I even requested a custom faceup and it was wonderfully done (except for the eyelashes) I must be cursed with the eyelashes curse. ;_; I had problems with the eyelashes with my first doll as well.

[​IMG]

This is what they showed me before shipping it to me. I thought they would fix the eyelashes. Apparently I guess they were too busy to do so. :/ I mean I can do it myself but still.. ono

CONS:-

- Poorly made.
      - the resin wasn't chiseled properly. D: the ears, nose and joints were still rough.
      - too many strings, I got confused to which is which.
      - it was a struggle to put his head on the body, it actually gave me a bruises on my fingers as I did so :pout:
      - it was during a promotion when I ordered him. Apparently they said if order exceed above 160 or so they will throw in a 1/4 doll head. Apparently they just gave me a ...some kind of a barbie..doll? or is it a thing for them to give out small dolls? o=o

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PROS:-
      - Cheap. it is INCREDIBLY cheap for an almost uncle sized doll. $190 inclusive with custom faceup and as well with international shipping.
      - service was nice and they were responsive.
      - the faceup (other than his eyelashes) was well made (despite the rough surface around the ears and nose :()
      - It looks a lot better than in the pictures.

Overall I give it a 5/10 rating ovo -5 for not presenting the gift as well not chiseled some places properly. Overall, he is good! :D

uhm..perhaps for body, maybe? I'm not quite sure. I don't really stick to one company. :sweat

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. * What did you order?

XM 1/4 girl body and free Lili head plus some elastic and hooks and shoes. The promotion at the time was free head with a $88 purchase.

* When did you order?

July 26, 2016. I had to email them several times, every time they would tell me that they will mail my order next week. It took about 2.5 months to actually receive the order.

No.

No. The doll head was badly misshapen with one ear attached to the cheek. The normal pink colored body was strung with black elastic

NO

They also promised to send me another head because of the delay, but they did not.

No. Look at those ears! See how one is much lower than the other?

[​IMG]

14. *What did you order?
      60cm girl body with large bust in 'normal'
      * When did you order?
      9th November 2016 (Dispatched 26th and delivered 28th November)
      Fantastic yes - This was my first mirodoll and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and finish of the resin.
      Yes
      Very happy with it
      I don't have anything negative to say really - it exceeded my expectations for the price, and after attaching a head (using a head hook puller, and pulling the elastic knots up at the same time with my other hand - doll between my knees) with a little patience and balancing she stood just fine and I left her standing without a problem. The 'normal' resin was a good match for my Doll Family-A 'pink' head, although I'm not a fanatic about resin matching and haven't studied it closely. I had been dreading the hands but they're not too bad at all in spite of the oval wrist, with the strings being loose (I hate restringing so not going there unless I have to) it's easy to pull and reposition the hand and lower arm (makes a change from getting dolls so tightly strung they slap themselves in the face continually!) This shirt is from Alices Collection 1/3 size and is a perfect fit.

[​IMG]Yukino by elve, on Flickr

Definitely!

#14 elve, Nov 29, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    15. * What did you order?
      Mirodoll Lili in Normal Skin With Faceup
      Mirodoll Wind 62cm Normal Skin Faceup
      3 pairs 1/3 shoes, 3 pairs 1/4 shoes, 2 pairs 1/6 shoes & 1/3 heeled feet

* When did you order?
      May 2016? Don't remember the specific date as I put them on a long lay-a-way

On the dolls I thought the quality was okay. The joints on the 62cm body really shouldn't be labeled as double joints as they are incredibly difficult to use. The arm joints don't behave like double joints at all and would have been better as a single joint.

Getting their heads off to spray and putting them back on was a nightmare. The knots for both the legs AND arms have to go up through the neck and it is a very tight fit. I ended up having to completely restring my 1/4 lily because the strings broke loose when I went to put her head back on.

I was sent all of the wrong shoes for the 1/4/1/3 size. 6 pairs were 1/3 size and 2 were 1/6 size. I was supposed to get 3 of 1/3 and 3 of 1/4. Additionally, the red santa shoes I ordered arrived with a missing shoelace and all of the puffs fell off. The black pair I ordered had their soles coming off. I paid a good price for the shoes so I expected better...Receiving damaged and products for the shoes was a disappointment.

Customer service was difficult. I had to e-mail multiple times to get status updates and concerns, and for a time there they were completely ignoring me. It took 4 e-mails to find out if my order was being prepared.

Yes, except my winds faceup has much softer eye brows versus the product picture. I like it, but definitely different from the promotional picture.

The dolls I am satisfied with
      The shoes I am not, I am actually disappointed in them.

Positives:
      Beautiful faceups
      Affordable

Cons:
      Clunky body
      Customer service lacking
      Peanut joints in arms are wonky and too small for the body

Probably not, but not because I don't like them. I just have already gotten all of the sculpts that I am interested in from them. I would hope their customer service is better next time, though.I would not buy any more shoes or accessories.

#15 asunai, Nov 29, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    16. *What did you order?
      'in stock' Mika in dark chocolate, with faceup.
      * When did you order?
      18th November (Dispatched 28th, delivered 30th November)
      Fantastic yes - For that price I expected flaws and sanding marks with it being dark tan, but it wasn't bad at all.
      Yes
      Very happy with it
      it's a unique sculpt in a nice shade of dark tan. The faceup is quite nice, great value and better than I could do! The finish of the resin isn't perfect, and the faceup is patchy where it's been sealed, but I'm perfectly happy with it at that price - it's exceeded my expectations, and again I managed to stand her up with a bit of balancing and patience, without having to restring her. I have changed the eyes though, in the photo she's wearing glass eyes - she came with plastic, yellowy coloured ones.

[​IMG]m7 by elve, on Flickr

[​IMG]mirodoll mika by elve, on Flickr

Definitely!

17. * What did you order?
      yaya head sculpt
      * When did you order?
      september 8th 2016 arrived on october 10th 2016
      yes! the head itself was very cheap and I use it as a practice head! it is a great head just not what I was looking for hence why it is a practice head now
      yep
      yes and no. for the price it was great! but now that I know second hand heads go for about the same price for better quality I will in the future do that but when I purchased it I was quite happy!
      +good price
      -the sculpting is just not my style im afraid
      I think I would only purchase the bodies for cheap hybrids I am not a fan of the style of the head sculpts as I mentioned above but for the price the bodies are such a steal

18. * What did you order?
      60 cm Orlando in NS
      * When did you order?
      11/7/16
      Yes, I think for it's price it was the best quality it could be. I bought it during the November sale promotion and the whole doll had a sale price of $135 and the doll reflects that.
      It looked exactly like the sales pictures.
      Overall, I'm satisfied with my product. There are tiny imperfections but they can be overlooked.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Pros:
      I only had to wait a little over a month to receive my doll and the shipping was fast! There was a free 1/4 head in the box as well (perfect for faceup practice!) The quality of the doll is nice for its price and it's a good size. The sculpting is very nice and flush. The sculpting around the joints like the knees look good as well. The seam lines were sanded as well as the joints. He stands great. The headcap can easily be removed since there is a magnet. I adore his muscular body and his head sculpt that are both easy on the eyes.
      Cons: Some bits of resin were on random places on the body, some of the joints could've been sanded more, and there's a small crack on his chest and side of his body. There's also a mark inside his head and head cap. I don't like how his arms are double jointed and his legs are single jointed. His hands have an oval joint that restrict their range of motion. The headcap can easily pop off possibly due to the magnet being weak. It's a little hard to pose him but I'm sure it can be fixed with restringing and sueding. His head can't move around too much- he can only move his head from side to side but not up and down.
      I already did! I bought a 1/4 Yaya doll for my sister and I'm thinking of ordering an XM doll. They're cheap, friendly, and have good for what they're worth.

[​IMG]
      The crack in the chest and side ^

19. * What did you order? xm-girl body, forceps, faceup brush set, magic eraser, plus a Yaya head from the promotion
      * When did you order? november 18th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? For the price, definitely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Mostly. I just didn't realize that the xm-girl's beauty white is a cream white rather than their usual paper white, so her head doesn't match...
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Positives: price, smooth resin, flexible feet! and posing in general. Negatives: ring rather than s-hook, mismatched head (but that's my fault for assuming), some slight chips/ scuffs

20. * What did you order?
      NS 60cm boy body on clearance because of a bubble in the resin on one knee. As part of the sale, Miro said they would fix the bubble before shipping, which they did. The area of the bubble repair is invisible unless you know where to look and what you're looking for. Even then, you can only see it when the knee is bent and you look to the inside of the knee. The match of the repair is the exact same colour as the rest of the resin and perfectly smooth.

* When did you order?
      Ordered January 9, 2017, delivered January 16, 2017.

Considering that the price of the body plus shipping was less than the regular body on sale and before shipping, yes.

Exactly as shown.

Yes. The repair was done exceedingly well.

While it might look like there are more cons listed here, there's only 5 things and some of them are more my personal preference than something that others would be bothered by.
      Pro: pricing, speed of service (my product was already made), solid feeling doll, nice musculature of the body, nice pillow bag included.
      Con: DHL is the only shipping method available and their "fees" were actually almost 10 times higher than the amount of tax owed to the government. Because of the low value of the package ($24), there is a better than average chance that I wouldn't have had to pay any fees at all if EMS had been used. Weird oval-shaped wrist joint (although the body I bought is the older version and they've apparently changed the shape of the wrist joint for more poseability). No S-hooks in wrists or ankles and the body is loosely strung (likely to avoid damage during shipping). Body was shipped in a box juuust big enough for the body so cannot be use to store the doll with the head on (this is important to me due to space constraints and Idiot Cat). The box was also not in a separate shipping box so is covered in packing tape and the shipping label

If I needed another body for a floating head or wanted to go with a custom colour, quite possibly.