1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Miyadoll?

Oct 23, 2016

1. Hello guys :)

I hope I can ask this question I wasn't able to find something about this company here so I hope someone can clear me up :shudder

I'm following miyadoll on instagram a while ago and noticed, that there were some recast accusations...
      Can someone tell me if they're justified?

I really like her(?) style, but I'm so confused now :(...
      When I saw some of her dolls I had to think about SOOM like many other people I guess... She said she worked there so if she sculped some heads it's just her style that's why they look so similar?... *_*

I hope it's ok to ask this... If not, please delete the thread :eusa_sile

Thank you for your help :hug:

2. Miyadoll and Soom's problems are being solved with Korean Police currently I've heard. Miyadoll has made numerous original dolls to few companies and she has proof they are original sculptures, so she is not a recaster even though some people say so. Her doll Tory looks very alike with Soom Feny, so it caused a huge drama, but I suggest you to stay away from that and make your own decision about purchasing from Miyadoll. My opinion is, that she is not a recaster because I have seen loads of her other work and they are original, but her style is very Soomish as she also worked for Soom as a true real individual sculptor, not just an assistant so Tory may be just alike, but too alike in some ppls opinion. (Me and my girlfriend even own her works: Souldoll Bella and Junia head sculpts with her signature marks inside heads so we trust she's a real artist). The situation is very complicate right now, but I hope Soom or Miyadoll will announce what's the result when the problem is solved and we can hopefully enjoy Miyadoll shop in the future as well :) I hope so, because I love her works.

Feny head is made by a different artist than Miyadoll, so that was the main thing in this whole drama.

3. Oooh I see :aeyepop: Thank you so much for explaining me the situation :hug:
      I had some problems to find out more about it and didn't know what to do... I really like Tory/Feny that's why I was very tempted to buy her. I'm glad, that she's not a recaster, but I still don't know what to think about this similar style thing *_* I think I'll just keep an eye on it for now and see, how everything will continue :)

4. It's good to know that recasting isn't the case.

5. Going back and forth and reading people's comments I assumed it's resolved by the Korean Police since they were involved. I think at this point it's less about recast and more about copying/too similar. As linked by @MysticalMoonstone its not just the head that's similar but body as well.

I think if anyone is seriously considering purchasing a Miya Doll to do your research to find out more about her sculpts and what dolls are similar to one another and make an educated decision to purchase her dolls or not.

6. Is a remember Mia worked for Soom and Souldoll and she has her own style, so extremely recognizable.
      In her Instagramm she shows her working progress. It's possible to see her author's style in her works for her company and other companies.
      The best way to understand something - to ask Soom for some info, for example did she work with them and what molds she created, and how things are going now. And to share this info, with screenshot with people here.

7. Well, I just ordered a Little Mocha Sweety in cream white. I had no idea there was any conflict going on with Soom; I read her statement on her site and it explains things very well. She worked for Soom for a while, then went out on her own. She was trained to sculpt in their style, so it's natural that she would have that look to her first dolls. Also there were some personal issues there and the artist is happy now to be working on her own. She was the one who called for an investigation and no action was taken against her because she had done nothing wrong. I am glad of that and know that gossip and innuendo are difficult to overcome. Soom is the more powerful player and if they have taken no action against her, it's because they can't. They don't own their former employees after all.

These things happen and I am glad to support a working artist who wants to go out on her own. Maskcat owner Banyo worked with BeYours and left to start her own company. There are similarities to the bodies and some of the sculpts she did but as she progresses her new sculpts are very much her own creations. Nobody really had a cow about it because the companies involved are smaller, but this is normal and happens in the other artistic fields all the time.

I love the look of Sweety and the proportions of the Little Mocha body. She is going to be such fun to dress and play with.

8. She is not a recaster! She used to work in Soom so their sculpt are similar yet different! She posted it few days ago, u can go see her instagram. As for what really happened u can see her older instagram post, its all there. :)

9. I love her dolls, so I'm glad the situation is more complex than simply recast. That's better, I think.