1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mokona Doll

Apr 21, 2018

1. Anybody have one of these beautiful heads? There are currently 3. SUHO, DooYoung, and the newest, Kyle (on preorder from 04.21-30). Someone once told me they are modeled after K-celebreties but for the life of me I don't know who SUHO or DooYoung are modeled after BUT I really, really feel that Kyle is a stylized Lee Dong Wook, and I am currently going to put him on order.
      If you have one of these heads, please share! What body did you put it on? Do you have any info as to who they are modeled after? How did you do the faceups? Style? I would love to see! :drool

2. Looking at pictures of Suho he reminds me of Super Junior's Leeteuk

3. DooYoung reminds me of D.O. from EXO.

As for Suho, I saw this picture in somebodys' instagram:
      They look quite alike, to my taste.

[​IMG]

4. #5 Lady_Lucky, Jul 5, 2018
      Last edited: May 10, 2019
    5. I'm waiting for an opportunity to buy a Kyle head. Then I will be able to join the convo with your gorgy boys. They are beautiful!

6. I'm thinking about buying one but it seems like they look crazy different in every picture. I wanted a DooYoung because he looked like EXO's DO but it only seems like that's in the one picture so I'm really unsure. @Lady_Lucky can I ask you about bodies and resin matches? :)

7. I want Kyle so badly, but I"m broke til December and then the order period is overrrrrrr and he is gone forever ;n;

8. Sure, both of my boys are on the April Story bodies, but frankly speaking I don't really like it. The color is slightly different and it annoys me so much! Also, when I look at the pictures I wish them to be taller... seems like the head is a little bit bigger than it supposed to be on the 63 cm body. I'm going to go back home from China for holiday in February and I will take the heads with me, to check if they will match POPOdoll 68 that I have at home. Probably will try Loongsoul either, if it works I'll change their bodies for those companies (I know the way to buy them cheaper than the official website offers :wiggle). And it's not a recast! It's just a big advantage of being Chinese resident.

And yeah...I have 3 Mokona boys now. I bought Suho - the boy from my dreams :XD:

9. Still talking to myself here :lol:
      My new boy - Suho!

[​IMG]KaiKai by Marie, on Flickr

10. Has anyone preordered the beautiful Lynn?

I placed my order as soon as she became available, shes so pretty and I love her face shape, and that she does not have the double eyelid, its very different from all the other Asian female sculpts

@Lady_Lucky I will be joining you in this thread, I always loved coming back here to see your boys
      I love that photo of DooYoung at the lake, I wish I was as brave as you for outdoor photoshoot

11. It's time to see
      What I can do
      To test the limits and brake through
      No right No wrong No rules for me!
      I'm Free!

But frankly speaking it was around 5 in the morning and not so many people there.

[​IMG]

#14 Lady_Lucky, Mar 15, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    12. I am a proud owner of Mokonadoll Kyle, painted him into teenage Ben Solo. Such a darling darling boy, yet has a bit of tragedy in him.
      [​IMG]

13. @Lady_Lucky I love that the cat is actually fluffy lol

@noirobscur your work is always amazing to me
      I always find something new I notice every time I look :love The freckles look like he was born with it

He looks so much like the character, I think you did an amazing job!

There was a giveaway for Lynn recently and I like that they actually choose a random person because many times, I feel many organisers pick the winner of those random giveaways, which is understandable as a business point.

14. The cat is my superstar now :XD: nothing happens without his curious face.

Well, I didn't even try to win the girl, 'coz I'm not interested in girls. I have one and it's more than enough. But as for boys, 3 times I tried all the 3 times the heads went to the brilliant artists (actually after the make up I even regret that I didn't buy Sean) or extremely popular users with thousands of subscribers. Which I can also understand, because she is a new sculptor and the best advertisement is to give the head to the popular person who will promote it for free. It worked with me :XD: If she will decide to release Sean one more time - I will definitely buy him.

But the bodies' problem kills me :doh I really hope Loong Soul will match them. I'm waiting for the body now.
      Also they look awesome on the Popo68, but the skintone is slightly different. Mokona, I would say, closer to the normal pink, and popo68 - normal yellow.

#17 Lady_Lucky, Mar 18, 2019
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

15. Thank you! I do like painting texture and moles on the face most of all.
      Ben was intended for cosplaying a fanfiction piece, supposed to wear anything casual according to the text, but I do like star wars aesthetics, so Ben getting his "jedi" costume is inevitable, I think.:wiggle

BTW, I won my Kyle in Mokonadoll's giveaway. They are being always so nice and generous.

16. I wonder what body matches, could someone help me? I'm thinking about Luts Senior delf.

Normal skin seems pretty dark... NS for Luts also.

What do you guys use?

17. [​IMG]