1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Momocolor Tiny discussion part 2

Jul 23, 2013

1. Beautiful girls @Bagirka !
      I have a question for everyone. If momocolor/tree came back, rebranded themselves and had new management do you think anyone of you would chance buying from them again?

2. Momotree was new management and they failed also. I might try again, but I would be watching the delivery date! With Paypal's 180 day claim period, it isn't as much of a risk as it once was to give a company a try.

3. I would not be buying again. Too much stress. I would much rather buy second hand. Maybe if they came back and proved to be trustworthy again, like happened to Ringdoll, I would give them a try.

4. I was planning to buy the 29 cm body and extra hands but even if they came back it would be near impossible to trust them again.

5. I'm sorry to see this discussion thread doesn't have any activity. I guess there's nothing much to say about Momocolor anymore :(
      But I'm thrilled to have found a beautiful NS Lucy! I will share pics of her once she arrives. :)
      I am struggling to find clothes for her. Could somebody please advise? I would love to get her a cute dress or a nice pair of pants and a tee. Would regular Yosd clothes work?
      Thanks in advance.

6. @angelcake momo26 bodies wear yosd clothes. Momo29 can also wear yosd, but everything will be shorter on them.

7. Thank you @Shirelae . I know 29cm are taller, what I would like to know if there are any brands that might fit them better than others. I don't know if the tees will also be shorter on them, or just the skirts and pants.

8. @angelcake There actually is a bit of activity still here on this thread! but of course when the company disappears there isn't much to get excited about release wise, you know?

I found that most yosd clothes fit the 29cm body, but It's just like shiralae said, they're just a bit shorter. Just find clothing within the 25cm-35cm range and you should be ok. I don't know any specific brands though-sorry! But my 29cm lucy is wearing 25cm clothes!

The measurements for this body is still here. So if the clothing's measurements are publicly listed you can compare them to the momo 29cm body!

9. I believe the 29 cm torso is longer than the 26 cm but I can't find a comparison. I have both sizes so I will try to get them out and compare them in the morning.

10. Hi Angelcake. Congrats on your Lucy! As Nancy_schroeder mentioned, the Momo29 does in fact have a longer torso, so tops will come up shorter on that body than on the Momo26. Which body is your NS Lucy coming on? As far as brands, I have lots of volks yo-sd outfits and they fit Momo26 perfectly as do the volks yo-sd shoes. With the Momo29, it's a bit trickier. The clothing I have for my Momo29 are clothes I have made specifically for her. As a rule of thumb, I would look for longer tops with short sleeves or 3/4 sleeves, cropped pants or leggings, shorts and skirts so she doesn't look like she is wearing her little sister's clothes. ^___~ I am sure others here have loads of great clothing suggestions for your girl.

11. They are very cute!

12. My poor Momo girls have been in boxes for months now - pending a house move. I will have to get them out and try some more 24/25/26 cm clothes on them. you also have to remember that, unlike Fairyland dolls, the hands and feet are not magnetic, so getting some clothes on and off can be awkward.

Here is my Lucy in a standard size YoSD outfit
      [​IMG]IMG_6576 by Jules, on Flickr

13. Oh your Lucy is SO beautiful. I LOVE her hair color!!!

14. Thank you :-)

Here is Taffie (Bonnie) [​IMG]

15. WOW!! Taffie is just gorgeous! I am getting ready to send out my tan Corinne out for a faceup and I am having such trouble finding her personality for eyes and hair, not to mention a name for her. I did open her eyes slightly to accommodate 12mm better. She was a free event head and the inside of her eye wells were rough and uneven. I have another Momo girl (also with no name) who should be making her way back to me from faceup by the end of the month. She is a white Tasha head. She will be on a SQ labs ks-l body since I couldn't find a white momo body. It is thinner in build and the neck hole of the head is bigger than the neck, but I hope once she is wigged and dressed that it won't be too noticeable. If it is, I will need to find another body for her. :(

16. Taffie's wig is to die for. Another gorgeous girl @Bluemoonjules .

I know your pain when it comes to naming and finding personalities @queenbee . If the neckhole is too big, you could attempt to make it smaller or the neck wider? I know Fairyland bodies work well with Momocolor heads. I have more yo's, so if you need me to model a head on a body, just let me know. My dolls are in my profile.

17. Thank you Shirelae! That is very kind of you. I can post some pics of her blank head on the Sq lab body once I get a chance. I never thought about filling in the neck gap---maybe that would be a workable solution. :3nodding:. I will look into that once the head gets back and if I decide she needs "adjusting".

18. [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Here are my pics of my Momo Tasha head on the Sq Labs ksgL body. I have her next to momo 29 Lucy and Momo26 Corinne for comparison. The body is slender compared to the momo and her neck is longer (which I like) but it is a wee bit too slender. From the front it's not too noticeable but from the sides and under it is. I hope once dressed and wigged it won't be noticeable.
      What do you think?

19. @queenbee I don't think it is too noticable with a wig and clothes on. I do like the slenderness of her body. If the gap doesn't affect the posing, I don't think it needs modding.

@Annaku Love the wig and the ears. She is very cute!