1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Monstro Designs Feedback (ALL)

Aug 8, 2012

1. MonstroDesignsShop.com Feedback (ALL)

Please leave feedback for Monstro Designs in this thread.

What did you order?
      When did you order?
      How did you order? (Etsy, Facebook...etc?)
      How was the communication?
      How easy was it to pay?
      How long did it take to ship?
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?

2. What did you order? BJD/Dollfie CREATE Your Own Wig.. 2 tone rock bang wig, size lati yellow, color: purple and black
      When did you order? Sep 5, 2012
      How did you order? etsy
      How was the communication? great :)
      How easy was it to pay? paypal, so super easy
      How long did it take to ship? 21 days
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES!!!!!!!!!!
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? it was custom color, so yes and no
      Were you satisfied with the product? yes :)
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

p.s. worth the wait <3

3. What did you order? A MSD Create your own wig blonde/dark brown+clip on buns.
      When did you order? February 16th, 2013
      How did you order? Email/MonstroDesignsShop
      How was the communication? This was actually the first time I have ever had a bad transaction. She was slow/unresponsive to email back, and even went 2 months without emailing me at all. I emailed her after 2 months of nothing and she said she hasn't even made the wig yet. She even asked me if I still even wanted the wig, which I said yes. She gave me a timeline, onto that 2 month wait, and still couldn't make it within that timeline. After a long struggle, she finally made it, sent me photos and I was pleased. I paid immediately and she told me she would ship the morning after. 4 days later she finally shipped it.
      How easy was it to pay? I paid right away. Via paypal.
      How long did it take to ship? After her actual shipping date it took about 2-3 days. I don't live very far away.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was worth the money, but not worth the time struggling to get information.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, I am pleased with the result.
      Were you satisfied with the product? I am satisfied with the wig, but I won't order from her ever again; at least, not anytime soon.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? She needs to be truthful, and be responsible of her timeline. If she can not make her timeline, she needs to update her commissioners of the delay. This wait was absolutely ridiculous. I ordered on February 16th and received the wig on May 6th. I understand life can get in the way of things, but she needs to really keep communication open and honest. I am very disappointed. I wouldn't have minded the wait if she just told me upfront about it. Her issues with constantly not meeting her deadlines is absolutely unprofessional.

4. What did you order?
      several wigs and clothing items so far this year

When did you order?
      the bulk of my items were ordered April 7th

How did you order?
      etsy

alright when I messaged her with a question, prior to my inquiry there were no updates, despite the processing time already exceeding the estimated 2 weeks, she did update the FB page, but kept promising to ship all the items on xx date and then missed her own deadlines repeatedly.

How easy was it to pay?
      very easy

almost 2 months for the one order (much much longer then the max. 2 weeks stated) and was missing an item (my previous orders usually took 2-3 weeks to ship.)

the quality was very good for the price :)

yes

my order was missing a item, MonstroDesigns asked if I had another order they could send the missing shirt with and I needed some more wigs so I did place another order.

she did send out the missing shirt 2 weeks later with the wigs.

That said I will buy from MonstroDesigns again since the wigs are very good quality for the price and they work nicely for my OT custom dolls, hopefully she does hire an assistant to keep the wait times from being so long again (she mention hiring help several times in the last 6 months)

5. What did you order? Puki sized lime green fake fur wig

When did you order? May 28, 2013

How did you order? (Etsy, Facebook...etc?)

How was the communication? Fine. I didn't send any emails so I don't really have an opinion. She did send a note on June 18 saying it shipped.

How easy was it to pay? I paid through paypal when I ordered so it was simple.

How long did it take to ship? Arrived Sun Jun 23, so it took nearly a month total. 5 days from the time it was shipped to get to me.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. It only cost 4 dollars for a tiny wig.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. Though it took her a lot longer than the two weeks she had posted on her site to ship it out.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

I didn't really mind the wait since I didn't have a deadline. I think she needs to post on her site that it'll take up to a month to get your item though since it does bother some people. I'll probably buy from her again since she does have good prices. :)

6. What did you order? Two Bat Wraps and a Beanie
      When did you order? 6th of January
      How did you order? (Etsy, Facebook...etc?) Through her website
      How was the communication? average, she does take a while to respond to messages
      How easy was it to pay? super easy paid through PayPal
      How long did it take to ship? I've hit the two month wait mark and am still waiting
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? N/A Product still hasn't arrived

She definitely needs to update her shipping times on her website, I was expecting quick shipping for "In Stock" items, but its been two months and the only update ive seen is ive moved up on her shipping list, and that was only in the last day or two, im extremely frustrated and I don't think ill order from her again, especially after the excuse of "PayPal holding her funds" and when I check her instagram she has finished paying off a doll...

7. What did you order? A custom bundle of clothes
      When did you order? August 2018
      How did you order? (Etsy, Facebook...etc?) Instagram
      How was the communication? Way below average, had to pester for weeks for responses
      How easy was it to pay? super easy paid through PayPal
      How long did it take to ship? It has been 7 months and still hasn't been shipped. I have been given 5 different shipping dates and something always "comes up".

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? N/A Product still hasn't arrived

8. What did you order? A pair of leggings and a hoodie that showed "in stock and ready to ship".
      When did you order? Black Friday sale on November 28
      How did you order? (Etsy, Facebook...etc?) Through their webpage.
      How was the communication? Communication was fast.
      How easy was it to pay? You can check out using PayPal on the webpage.
      How long did it take to ship? Four weeks after my purchase she had not shipped anything. I asked for a refund and she said she did not have money to refund my $15 until after Christmas. I opened a PayPal claim and she sent a refund through on the last day she had to reply. The refund has not cleared and it's January 4th.
      Why do the items show "in stock" with the quantities there and then won't ship? It seems like it's this seller's common practice to sell things and not ship, according to the other feedback. Extremely frustrating. She keeps selling but couldn't refund $15 promptly and in a timely fashion?

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? N/A
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A
      Were you satisfied with the product? N/A
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

9. What did you order?

I ordered several ready-to-ship pieces of MSD clothing (sweater, two dresses and a bat wrap)

When did you order?

I ordered 9th March 2020, prior to the beginning of any lockdowns/quarantines in both the sellers country and in mine)

How did you order?

I ordered through their own website

Communication was poor, I had to chase up the order on multiple occasions and through multiple means (contact form on their website and through Instagram). They were slow to respond and promised follow up communication that never came which meant o had to chase them up again.

How easy was it to pay?

Easy to pay as I used PayPal

The items were listed a ready-to-ship and the site said that such items would be shipped in 3-5 business days. When the order had not shipped several weeks later I tried to contact them through several methods but received no response. Eventually after continuing to try and contact them I received a response on 21st April and was told that it would be shipped between 22nd April-24th April and that they would contact me if there were any further delays. That shipping date came and went. I managed to contact them again on 1st May and was told that I was third in the queue and my parcel would be shipped the following Monday. I eventually received a shipping notification on 31st May but tracking showed that the parcel wasn’t actually dropped off until 6th June.

Not at all. The sewing isn’t very good; seams aren’t straight, edges don’t match up, there are raw edges in some places and the fastenings are the wrong size. The fit also isn’t great, it’s very tight in places on the type of BJD it’s sized for (Minifee) and too long/loose in others. The sizes are also different between two items that are supposed to be the same thing but in different colours. The only item that is a reasonable quality is the bat wrap

No. The fabric is very different on one of the items and it looks as though in the sales pic a petticoat/slip was used but not advertised as having been used. The colours are also pretty different (even taking into account differences between computer monitors)

No

I haven’t attempted to contact the company as their website makes it clear that refunds are only issued when the item can’t be replaced (as I’ve tried the items on my BJD I would only be eligible for a partial refund anyway). I would also have to pay international shipping to return the item :(