1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moonlit Wonder merman

May 17, 2023

1. hello,
      has anyone seen the new merman at stacys pink ocean,
      they have a 1/6 size and a 4.6 foot long size.
      I want the big boy sooo bad but over $3000 is crushing,
      is anyone outhere buying him?

2. Yeah, he's crazy expensive, but so dang gorgeous! I'm hoping someone buys him and provides lots of owner pics~ The large size is just crazy to think about :aeyepop:

3. I'm still debating on getting him. Not sure if I want the full set or not for the "75 cm" size, more like bigger than a Dollmore Trinity. But layaway is definitely in my future :love

4. I've been following the artist's (Moonlit Wonder / Leucosia-Molpe) BJD making process for a while.
      Because I really wanted to have the big 75cm (138cm!!!) 'Akheilos 2.0' Mermaid fullset. :kitty2
      But with the high final price, which shocked me a little, I can't afford the doll, which makes me sad. :(
      The small 1/6 (53cm) doll alternative is way too small compared to my other BJD's. That's really too bad. :pout:

5. OH he is so beautiful..so beautiful.
      does anyone know the longest layaway from this site?
      even a layaway is crazy and how long does it take to get once he is paid off.?
      the 1/6 merman is a bit small too
      he is worth getting if you can afford him.
      also do you think the clear blue tail would be better? that in its self is $200 extra.
      poo, poo what can I do.
      :doh:?

6. I've been looking at three different sites. One is Stacy's Pink Ocean, their longest layaway is 6 months but asking for longer doesn't hurt. The only thing I know it's 10% down for 6 month layaway. I'm currently asking if there's a longer layaway plan because I really want the full set but I'll settle for the nude doll if I have to. Not to mention I've been asking in the community and doing some research they are most reputable.
      Mydollection is 12 months with 30% down. I just can't afford $900 for a down payment on the fullset. But then again over a 12 month period isn't so bad. Not to mention from my research they are helpful and nice but really disorganized, I believe there's a thread on the DoA about horse BJD orders that was crazy disorganized from them.
      Then there's their taobao store from the company/person that makes the merman. I don't understand any of it and I'm not going to pretend that I do either and I'm not about to get a agent involved just to save a few bucks either. Though I'm tempted to PM the person and ask.
      I'm still wafting between fullset or nude doll so don't feel bad.

As for how long for him to arrive. It looks like it's 5-7 months for production. I'm not sure which site I read that from though but I believe it.

I think the tail is up to you. Depends on your character that you're aiming for. So in the end is the transparent tail worth it to you?
      I'm going for the non-clear tail because I'm cheap and it won't matter for what I have him in mind. He's going to be a summon from Final Fantasy as Lord Leviathan and this is one of his alternative forms. I just find it funny that I live near the beach and I hate going to the beach, that sand gets everywhere..... But once I get this guy, I'm going to the beach just to take photos! :love

I have Garuda and Ifrit that are WIP. Ifrit is the older brother and Garuda is a younger sister. If I could find a 4-6 armed doll then I'll be doomed because that would be Shiva and I'm already eyeing a Souldoll for that build. Oii....:doh

7. The moment I saw his 75cm version, I was sold. My entire cast that I am waiting for is in that range so when the first dealer that offered him only provided his 53cm self, I could let him go, but when Stacy's Pink Ocean placed his 75cm doll on their site, I could no longer ignore him. But he is just so expensive, dang it! It's almost 3,200 USD and that it not considering his transparant tail.

I already asked Stacy's Pink Ocean and they told me the longest layaway they'd accept is still 6 months, unfortunately.

If possible, I would not vouch for Mydollection. I recently bought something from them, but I've had to wait for weeks on end for a confirmed tracking number after I paid for shipping.
      I really had to email them, like, 5 or so times over a period of like a month to remind them of my tracking number. It was nerve wracking.

I believe the artist Bonelace will release a doll with 4 arms in the future if you are interested in their work?

I also really dig the clear tail, but I couldn't find any information wether or not they would paint the tail if you add that option to the fullset? Would they just leave it unpainted? Or will it become translucent with the paint on top? I've already asked, but to no avail so far.

Anyhow, good luck to those who are getting him! Please post pictures when he comes home!

8. I have been watching the build up of the release on the artist's Instagram account and knew it would be out of my price range (the large 1/3 scale)... and it is :atremblin and have been waiting for a detailed mature featured/built 1/3 scale mermaid/merman for a long long time. I really hope to see owner pictures though :love

Want to see more photos of posing ability, not just straight lounging/propped up, but sitting, kneeling, or even standing (with a stand aide) tbh.

9. I was told differently. I got 9 months just now which is fine by me! I'm going with the fullset when I get paid! :dance
      Maybe because I placed down the preorder that gets the 8% off? Then again I told them I'm going for the 75cm doll later next week and I wasn't sure of which one.

Yeah everyone that responded from BJD discord told me that they won't vouch for Mydollection either. I'm just going to stay clear of them unless they are the only ones selling the doll that I want.

Ooooooo. Looks promising. I'm going to have to keep tabs on this. Thanks for the information!

10. That's great news for you! It could indeed be a possibility that they would extend the layaway for those who prepaid. I was extremely busy and missed that announcement unfortunately. Maybe that's why they won't extend their layaway when I asked.

Anyhow, congratulations on your future doll! Please post lots of pictures when he arrives for us poor, unfortunate souls?

11. hi,
      so I do not know a lot about the doll sites that everyone is mentioning here like stacys, mydollection.
      is stacys pink ocean the seller of the doll or mydollection?
      stacys sells other companies dolls for them correct?
      so who actually is responsable for sending you the doll? who do you contact?
      sorry to be so lame on this

12. There wasn't any announcement. I just emailed them about it. I'm super stoked about it. :dance

EDIT: Oh you meant the 8% off announcement. Oops :doh
      I thought it was the layaway thing. My bad

No worries we are a friendly community. Both Stacy's Pink Ocean and Mydollection are reps for the artist who makes the merman. The taobao store is the artist directly. The company that sells the doll to you is the one that sends you the doll thus that's the company you contact.

13. THANK YOU, THANK YOU

14. The artist....

[​IMG]

15. I talked about him with my husband and he convinced me to go for the nude doll with the transparent tail after all because I was worried if I would chip the tail paint. I'm rough on my dolls, I learned this with a Phiel from Souldoll. All his mechanical parts had chipping. :sorry
      Not to mention I would probably wipe off the company faceup for another one.
      Looking forward to this Friday when I can place him down for layaway! :celebrate

16. Good thing you thought about that!
      Congratulations and good luck with your order!

17. Two videos with the 75cm / 138cm size doll (basic doll) can now be seen on the Weibo artist page.
      Wow, the doll with his mermaid tail is really huge! :aeyepop::)
      You can see that very well when you see a human hand next to it. :kitty2
      Maybe I should stick to the small version after all?! :sweat;)

18. Holy cow!
      His fins are enormous!
      I... don't think there is a doll stand strong enough to support him...
      Would he need, like, several in order to be displayed?
      Or does he warant his own display table/case?

19. WOOOOOWW, after seeing how big the fins are alone lets me realize the price is kinda justified on that size :love:love:love

I TRULY want this body---as I missed out on the bust stand that was released last year--- but I gotta think about the realistic possibility with this doll:

· Do I have enough space for this body?
      · Where to store this doll?
      · Where to display this doll?​
      · How often will I carry this doll around?
      · Do I have the muscle to carry/restring now?
      · Will I have said muscle in the far future once I need to restring or carry this doll?​
      · Where would I find things for this body?
      · a carrier bag?
      · a stand?
      · a display cabinet?
      The thought of trying to restring him alone already makes me have 2nd thoughts, but I would make the sacrifice to my muscles just to wear him around my neck like a scarf ~

20. Whoa! I'm glad I scrolled down and seen that video. OMG! That's huge! Regardless he's gonna get pre-order this payday! I'm just hoping that when I bring him to the beach that no idiot thinks that A: Mermaid! and B: I'm going to steal him [even though I'm going to take my hubby or a friend or two] He's going into the rolly wagon though. I just hope that he fits :sweat

Me thinks he would need his own display table/case. I'm really curious now about posability now since that's a lot of resin

I was thinking about a carrying bag too. But what would work? I was thinking a paddle bag for a canoe, if that's such a thing. I think the closest stand is a Dollmore Trinity stand for a 105cm doll which he is 138cm and is a full 32cm bigger and that's a most a foot bigger. :...(

I don't even want to think about restring this bad boy. :sweat
      Even though I should. I have the muscle strength but I don't have total function of my left wrist for right now. By the time he gets home I should though.

Also I love the comment about wearing him like a scarf :love