1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

New Feature More Marketplace Changes: Division of New and Secondhand Items

Mar 1, 2014

1. We are rolling out the next phase of our Marketplace overhaul this weekend!

The Marketplace will now have a separate subforum for new items made by Den of Angels members. The existing marketplace subforums will be transitioning to a format in which all items will be listed for sale individually like the new Shoes marketplace and in which all items are pre-owned. This format does not accommodate shops that sell multiple items and have a consistent marketplace presence, so we have created a series of new subforums for new and made to order items. Some other marketplace subforums will be dissolved in this new format.

The changes you will see are as follows:

• The Hand-crafted Goods subforums will be launched, with divisions for Wearables, Shoes, Wigs, Eyes and Props.
      • The Commissionable Services category of subforums will be dissolved. Customizers will retain their own stand alone subforum, found directly beneath the Dolls Marketplaces. Tailors and Other Services will move to the appropriate Hand-Crafted Goods subforums.
      • A new subforum for Shopping Services has been added to the Hosted Orders category of the Marketplace.
      • The Accessories Marketplace has become the Doll Props and Miscellany marketplace; all secondhand jewelry, hair accessories and handbags move to the secondhand Clothing and Accessories Marketplace. All handmade jewelry and accessory shops move to Hand-Crafted Goods.

It is important to us to encourage the spirit of creativity and custom work here on Den of Angels, so we want to retain a place for Den of Angels members to earn doll funds through their other skills. The Hand-Crafted Goods marketplace is open to all skill levels. All we ask is that the items being sold there be created by the member listing them for sale. Family partnerships are okay, as are small ateliers of friends working in the same locale. This is not a marketplace for middlemen. If you represent an artist as a foreign language translator or are simply the shipping conduit for an offshore business, please register as a dealer. After registering, you are welcome to post your wares in the News subforum.

The Hand-Crafted Goods Marketplace Rules:

• Items for sale must be created by the member listing them, or by an in-house member of a small atelier.
      • Links to Etsy shops are allowed, but the creator must list all sales terms and ordering information in the DoA marketplace thread.
      • Sellers must be willing to conduct sales via contact through Den of Angels (PM or email).
      • Items shown in sales threads must be the actual items currently for sale with prices listed, unless they are custom items that are available to order at that time. In other words, you may not show an assortment of past works and an Etsy link. If that's all you want to do, we sell advertising banners! Tailors who only make entirely custom one-offs upon request are not required to do this, but should show examples of past work with price ranges. Portfolios of past works and customer photos are still permitted in these threads, but they should not occupy the first post of the sales thread.

We hope you enjoy this new Marketplace feature! If you have any questions about how this affects your specific sales threads, please post a question in the Ask the Mods subforum.

2. So I'm confused.If I make clothes custom, but also usually have stuff pre-made for sale, so I need two threads? Will my old comission thread be moved? Do I need to merge my sale thread with my comission thread somehow?