1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

More $$ Than You Expected?

Nov 15, 2007

1. I knew going in that this was going to be expensive and luckly I was able to get my doll for cheaper then I expected so I have spent less then I originaly planed. As for cloathing and jewelry, I make it all myself and haven't spent more then $20 on enough cloth and jewelry supplies to make me happy for awile. I also try and buy in the US to cut down on cost for wigs and eyes.

2. i knew a 60 cm doll was going to very expensive. but when i clicked the proceed button and found i would be paying $130 in shipping i was pretty surprised. of course we want the dolls to be safe, but a $130 is a lot of money for shipping.

3. Question.. with custom fees, if a girl in america bought a $650 DOD's Lahoo, how much if any custom fee would she have to pay? (if that is all she bought)

4. Well it's not really about customs or clothing...but just about being crazy on ebay :sweat
      The doll that I wanted unfortunately ended up on ebay, and I kept bidding... So I ended up paying about $100 usd more then expected. (shipping and stuff included) Maybe not as much as most of the people around here, but it did put other doll purchase on hold for me :sigh

5. Not really :\
      I expect to spend more on clothes, but I never buy them all at once. It's a slow fortune that I spend, but I don't mind, and I expect to do so.

6. Since I normally collect baby dolls whose clothes only cost a few dollars at the local consignment shop, I was shocked at the price of BJD clothes and accessories. I don't even pay that much for my own clothes! It was a real turn-off for me. I sure hope to find less expensive items in the near future...

7. There are no United States customs fees on dolls or doll accessories.

8. I dunno if it's so much that things were "more $" than I expected, but it's just so weird to see a dress for a *doll* costing more than a dress for a person, or a wig for a doll costing the same as a wig for a person... What's weird is that I can see a $140 outfit for a doll and think "oh how cute!" but a $140 for a person and go WOAH THAT'S EXPENSIVE.

BJDs are warping my sense of expensivity.

~Anna

9. Well...my Kazuki was much much much more then I thought I would pay out. Was first looking at just a used one on ebay or getting a Dollzone. Had my bf helping me decide between two. a Dollzone Felian or Kid Delf Woori. I thought he would pick the cheaper one..but he picked out Woori ( said he looked like me when I was small ). Then he said I should get the default make-up ( had been planning to get my friend to air brush it) ..and I bought clothes and a wig for him. So it added up to much much much more then I thought I would spend. But it was well worth it to have my little Kazuki so beautiful and perfect! : Huggles the blushing Kazuki :plus bf can't complain. because he helped pick! lol

10. Well, I ordered a nude DZ Hid recently... At first, I thought It'll cost around SGD$240...

After I ordered, I realised that plus the money for face-up, clothes, wig, shoes and such... It's definitely more than that~ I'm also running up huge debts that accumulate up to SGD$300++ already... So yeahh~ My boy better love me... >.<

11. I knew it'd be expensive, but mostly it was the shipping and a few extra things I only recently realised I probably needed - like a carry bag - that jacked up the price.

12. I got a deal on my DIM Persia (Head first) and then got charged over double his price in customs because the sender wrote more than he was worth on the package for some reason (Why for the love of God whyyy?!...) Ended up dishing out $80 to get him out of there!

Then I ordered his body and got hit with customs again and had to pay $130 to get that out as well...

Total: $710 for the doll alone, not including shipping...(or his clothes/accesories ahahah ;_;...)
      When I could have got him for $510 or less from DIM if I had ordered him before they discontinued &#166;D;

*cringe* These are painful memories...sometimes I think this boy is more trouble than he's worth XD But I love him really...;;
      I think unexpectedly, he's been my most expensive doll ;;;

13. The American dollar seems to be really sucking as of late and it's kind of kicking my ass. Plus, I don't have a job this year because I decided to go back to school full-time and there are things that I'm wanting that are just so much more expensive than last time. About two years ago, I bought my el and he was relatively cheap, all things considered. Now, everything is so much more expensive than before.

I just bought an elf-chiwoo head and the price of the head was fine, but the EMS shipping kicked me in the ass. The shipping price of things always kicks me in the ass, and at the moment, everybody seems to be selling the dolls that I want. Elf el, I don't really need to have anymore, I'm getting elf ears modded onto my el at the end of the month, but Elf Shiwoo, I really want him.

I think I might just splurge and get a Shiwoo doll and have him modded, I dunno. It all might be cheaper in the long run. I also need another doll body, which is also so much more expensive than the money I have now and oi... I just wish these things were cheaper sometimes. Such an expensive hobby I seem to have.

14. I just realised yesterday that my boy doesn't come with default eyes... @_@ *dies* And his eyes are 14mm kind, which are more difficult to find... I found a seller that are selling a pair of 14mm eyes for SGD$12 and I couldn't even afford it... My friend is helping me buy the eyes for now... *runs into another debt* T^T

15. Isn't a must to have 14mm usually, maybe 16mm might even look better ^^
      Which doll is it? &#9829;

16. Thanks <3 that part was worrying me worst :fangirl: Yay!

17. ooh yeah, i was planning $400, but it came out over $600, (because of the difference in Can/USA dollars at that time)

18. I'm not sure~ *is new to dollfie stuff* It's DollZone Hid-01... I'm ordering a nude Hid though because I have no money for a fullset Hid... But I'm kinda regretting now because I'm spending up to SGD$500 for all his clothes shoes, wig and eyes while I can get a fullset for like around SGD$400++ T^T

19. Oh boy howdy are they more expensive then I thought they would be. Although I suppose it was rather silly of me not to think of this beforehand as I knew my two boys needed some very distinct mods done to them. I just didn't realize how many they needed xD And this is just mods, I haven't even started on clothes for them.....which will also have to be comissioned once their body mods are done, not to mention they can't just have normal fashion sense. x3

Ahhh, but it's SO worth it though :D

20. I hat how our government is making the US dollar fall -_- I think I should move to Canada and get a job there just to buy doll things ^^