1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mori 9 Dolls

Apr 29, 2021

1. This is a thread to talk about any current, or future dolls by Mori 9 (Login • Instagram).

I sadly wasn't lucky enough to get one of these lovely heads, but hopefully they'll be more opportunities.

Currently, two heads were offered for sale Veles, and Austaras.

Hopefully, we'll be seeing these heads on the board soon.

2. @St. James and I tried for Veles (her) and Austaras (me) to reshell our twins and no luck. I don't know what kind of second hand chance there'll be, I have to wonder how many were even made or if they'll be released a second time. There have been grumbles that no international customers won the chance to buy them, but I certainly don't know if that is true.

3. @idrisfynn Hopefully, it's not true, because if it is, it was a little disingenuous to allow us to submit orders. Maybe we'll get a better idea once the heads start to ship. At least I'm hoping we'll get a chance to see one or both here.:atremblin

4. Yeah it would be intresting to see if anyone outisde china did get a head. I fully intend to try and find one or both secondhand on Taobao/Idle Fish as all the artist's other creations have ended up their so far albeit at infalted prices. I know mori asked people not to buy them in the past but I don't see a anything wrong with it as it's the artist's own sale method that creates scarcity.

#4 Sillypeach, Apr 30, 2021
      Last edited: May 1, 2021
    5. I think I saw some people on IG saying they got one-- but a lot more saying they didn't, unfortunately. :(

6. I’m really looking forward to their Swan sculpt and 75cm body. Whenever they do release it though I’ll have to figure out a way to get it from Taobao (hopefully) depending on the number they’re selling.

7. Veles and Austaras are starting to arrive! I'm heartbroken all over again :lol: I really really hope there will be another preorder with a higher quantity of heads offered, but it looks like Mori9 has moved on and is working on another head now..... maybe someday... :atremblin

Also I did see two box opening posts on Instagram from people outside China. :clover

8. The new head looks really nice!

9. Y'ALL. I managed to score an Austaras head secondhand and I am LOSING IT. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! :...( I've had this character for 13 years and he has never looked right through 3 different dolls, but when I saw Austaras for the first time, it was like he'd been created directly out of my brain. He's utterly perfect.

[​IMG]

Some things of note: Mori9 recommends an Idealian 75 body, 16mm eyes, and 9-10" wig.
      The body pictured is an Idealian 72. I think the proportions look good! And thank god for that because 75cm would not fit inside my cabinet. :lol: Also, this body is from 2011 and the color match is very good. In person the head is slightly yellower, but I think once it has a faceup it will be completely unnoticeable.
      These eyes are 14mm, definitely too small. Major gap by the tear duct.
      9-10" wig fits well, perhaps a smidge loose.

10. @overlordu, CONGRAATS. omg, I'm so excited to see owner photos. He looks stunning already! That body fits perfectly. Can't wait to see what you do with him.

11. @overlordu Congrats on getting one! I can't wait to see him all done up. Which head is he replacing?

12. @mustbemissa Thank you!! I'll be working on his faceup this weekend, and some eyes that actually fit should be arriving on Monday :chibi

@Cloudedmind Thanks!! He's replacing a Hyperon. I've had him for quite a while now but only took like 5 photos of him... which I think says a lot. :XD:

13. [​IMG]

So, Mori9 and DFH are going to release a colab. The doll should be available on 25th of November. Or close to this date.

微博

Who is exited?

14. Yep, I'm in trouble. I was hoping I wouldn't like the head, but who was I kidding.

15. It is this body
      Login • Instagram

The more I see it. The more I like it.

16. Yessss! He's not gargantuan!!

17. Uh oh, he's really cute! If I end up loving the body and he's offered in gray, I'm in trouble too..... :blush

18. I hope head only is optional :D

19. @krystina When Mori released head sculpts via Universedoll, they did not allow them to be sold separately, only as a full doll. Of course this could be different, but since it's also being released on a Mori sculpted body I'd lean towards it being only sold as a full doll. Fingers crossed there's a choice!

20. Ooh, what sculpts did Mori9 release with Universedoll?