1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most articulated 1/3 dolls

May 14, 2018

1. need your help referring me to the most articulated 1/3 sized doll body brands thanks

2. I'll start naming Loongsoul and Bimong. They seem to pose awesomely, with double joints, thigh joints and more than one in the torso. Bimong is way more expensive, though, just saying. And if you add jointed hands (not sure which brand produces the most articulated ones), more joints you get! By the way, even if you find a doll with a lot of joints (which seems good at first look) that doesn't mean they pose well, so you'll have to do some research about them.

3. Fairyland F60 and F65 bodies are highly articulated as well. They also have magnetic hands and feet for easy change.

4. Doll chateau youth dolls have many joints, particularly the Y-03 body, which has jointed fingers, jointed toes, a jointed neck, and an extra joint at the wrists and ankles. Shoulders, hips, knees and elbows are double jointed. They pose well but in my experience struggle to stand on their own.

5. Amadiz? Their new body (both the curvy and more slim one) look amazing and seem to pose very well from photos. You should be able to see examples in the "Box Opening" section of the forum, and also on Flickr.

6. There used to be a bjd company that was called Shinydoll (I think), the bodies were fantastic at posing. I've got one of their bodies on my grail list.

7. Thank you for responding everyone:) great help

8. Twigling, DC, DZ, loongsoul

9. Do you want a well-posing body or a body with many joints? You should differntiate there. DollShe also has/had a body with crazy many joints (DSAM32 or something like that), but it does not work too well. In fact, it is said to be quite fiddly.

Then do you want beautiful-looking joints? Because then Fairyland might be for you. Their range of movement is not too great, but they pose very beautifully and naturally.

If you want a wide range of movement (without looking too far off), I recommend the Impldoll 70 cm Idol FGB body. It is a very muscular body, can bend his arms fully to scratch his back (which even I cannot do), has upper arm cut joints allowing for an arm swivel. It has perfectly working thigh mobility joints (can even do a kind of on-footed ballerina pose). A well-working hip joint with just the right amount of movement. I consider it to be that good that I will have 5 of these at the end (4 at home, and another one planned for). Some pics are here: Welcome to impldoll Not the pics, but there are plenty of ths body on this forum.

10. dollshe has some wild bodies, but from some reviews it looks like some joints are pretty stiff

11. Yeah, this is important. For instance, Domuya used to have the Flexibody, which was - as the name implies - insanely flexible. It just didn't look so good. But if articulations is what's most important to you, this might something to look at (in the marketplace, they no longer make them).