1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most expensive doll in your collection

Mar 18, 2022

1. What is the most expensive doll in your collection. For me it’s $0.00 dollars because I don’t have one yet but I’d like to know what others have:thumbup

2. my secondhand Mini Dollfie Dream (who I've named Ayako) ran me $600 USD, my most expensive so far, but she was already customized and came with a bunch of extras, so worth it to me. next most expensive is the Senior Delf Niya I'm waiting on, around $560 USD. Both of these were paid for on layaway, Niya's was 6 months and Aya's was just 2 months.

edit to show a photo of my cutie Aya, worth every penny lol!
      [​IMG]

3. Mine is still Luts 'French Knight Abadon' which I paid $855 for (plus another $200 for the outfit). A doll has to be pretty spectacular for me to consider paying more than $500 for so doubt i'll ever have a doll that cost more than the knight :XD:

#3 Epicari, Mar 18, 2022
      Last edited: May 1, 2022
    4. Volks DD Jeanne D Arc at a little over $1000. Next in line is my IOS Anima/Tauros boy at around $900.

5. Oh geez it depends on how you look at it...I have several SD dolls who cost quite a lot just new straight from the company. But if you include customization, then I would say my Elrond doll is my most expensive. He got a custom face up, commissioned wig/jewelry/outfit. He is well over $1000 USD.

6. My Angell-Studio Michael Light version full set which was around $750. Next up is my Dream Valley Bethel at $640.

7. My Fairyline60 full option Miwa was a decent amount over $1000 and totally worth it. She been my favorite in my collection ever since she arrived.

8. I gave her to my mom, but a Volks One-off Lorina.

[​IMG]

After that, my Dollfie Dream Lina Inverse.

9. Of my currently owned dolls, it's Harriet, my OfButterfliesNThings Paulette. She was $575 plus shipping, which I think came out to around $625-650 total.

[​IMG]

The most expensive I ever owned was an Iplehouse nYID Justin in peach gold skin with company faceup and blushing. He was so so pretty, but I did kind of have buyer's remorse for spending so much on him. I think he was the only one who ever broke that $700 mark.

10. my most expensive is a hybrid, but between head and body there's no contest, he cost the most. that would be my sweet gale cyril (about 400+ for the head alone) with his huge winged doll chateau body (about 650 with shipping).

11. I think my most expensive doll was my fairyland carol. I got her as a designers complete full set + a whole bunch of extras (tan skin, event faceplates, etc) and she came out at 1300, followed very closely by my volks rinon who I just bought a new body for bringing her total up to about 1200. Yeah… not really hoping to spend that much on anymore dolls :sweat

12. My Spiritdoll Dolce Gardenia, whom I paid around $600-700 for. With shipping included, I paid over $900 for her. Worth every penny. She's a beautiful doll and I love her size (1/2 scale doll).

13. Well, I had a Migma from SOOM, around 800$. But I sold her.
      I stil have my Dollzone Violeta-2 Halloween Edition LE30. 700$ when I bought her many years ago.

14. My Dollmore Trinity girls. 108cm. They ran over $2500 each.

15. Single most expensive doll purchase was probably my first doll who was a Full Set limited Dollshe that I bought second hand for $1200. Sixteen years later and he's still the doll at the core of my group.

Now if we're talking "shelling OCs" then Lex is my most expensive doll. First he was a Volks Tony on an Volks SD16 body (I had to buy two dolls to hybrid them together), then I bought a Volks SDGou full doll thinking I'd give Lex a new buffer body. Then I bought a SWITCH Sohwa head to replace his old one, and I put it on an SD17 I got in a trade. Recently I have bought another SWITCH Sohwa with their 70cm body in a different resin color 'cause it would suit him more. If I added all that money up, he'd be the most expensive.

16. My SoulDoll Fairy Warrior is my most expensive doll. I bought him in 2006 and he cost me USD1200 plus postage to Australia and then Customs charged me $240au importation fees. He was a fullset, but his fabulous outfit has deteriorated over time and is unwearable. He is my favourite doll. <3

[​IMG]

17. This is a super hard one to answer!
      My "most expensive" doll is likely a tie between three different dolls.
      • Fullset Kirito ~$1,000+
      • Peakswoods Guhmio Neo ~ After all the bells and whistles was also $1001.00 + shipping
      • Tan DDH16 and 9s were around $800-$900 after piecing them together.
      However, the most expensive dolls I have replacement-wise would be my Angel Elf Soo, and CP Dreaming Moon. They would be a huge pain to attempt to find again because of age, and would likely cause me the most grief to try to replace if something were to happen to them. :XD:

18. I've never seen that Paris before; SD Paris was my first BJD love (at first sight), the 1st full resin BJD I owned. Yours is gorgeous, thanks for sharing him.

I feel like I might have already responded to a thread exactly like this one, but my memory sucks! My most expensive BJD purchase was a Limhwa Limho Mano I got in 2007, blank, no wig, no eyes no clothes for 775 plus S/H from Korea to the USA, then from the USA to my house. I don't regret any of my toy purchases, but I would never pay that much for a toy (that isn't a gaming device) ever again. I've heavily modified mine over the years, to fit the character he is meant to represent a bit better. He is my favorite doll.

19. Not counting technicalities like inflation, shipping, or the additional cost of customizing each doll, the most expensive in my crew is currently my favorite girl, who is a hybrid of FOUR different companies (Impldoll Starwoman MGB, Doll Legend jointed hands, and either a Fantasia Doll Vivian 2017 sculpt or an Iplehouse Scarlet sculpt depending on the situation). Final total: ~$825. This is her if she's on the Scarlet sculpt:

[​IMG]
      Adhara Afire 01
      by Yela Gatchalian-David, on Flickr

But.

Once my Granado Noah obtains his jointed hands, he will officially exceed that total cost at ~$889. I made the mistake of not ordering him as a full doll. I could have saved more if I didn't try to hybrid him with another company (obviously it didn't work out), but it's a risk I acknowledged beforehand. That's the most dough I've dropped for a new doll, too; my favorite girl was a hodgepodge of brand new and secondhand items.

20. I don't have a lot of money to spend on dolls, so none of my dolls are super expensive. Normally I buy dolls in the $200 range. This past Christmas I splurged and paid $346 for my Iplehouse KID Irene. She is the most expensive..