1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Most expensive doll you bought? Least expensive doll you bought?

Feb 21, 2015

1. The "most expensive" title over here would be a toss-up between two of my Volks guys... my Hijikata or my Romantic Okita. They were both after-market purchases and so pretty ridiculously expensive. They were both, individually, pricier than pretty much any other two or three members of the crew combined. 'No regrets, though. To me, they're worth it.

My two least expensive would be my Luts Bliss, Muninn (He was a badly damaged "project doll" that I bought for basically a song. Shipping cost about the same as the doll himself. :lol: ) and K'hono, my little Volks MSD Yuni. (K'hono's former owner sent her head to me as a freebie with another doll I'd purchased. Her bod is one that I'd used as a "temporary" for 1/4 floating heads for ages.... a body I had originally gotten as a trade from one of the other local collectors in exchange for one of my spare CP/Delf event heads. So... freebie head + freebie-traded body = adorable little doll that cost pretty much nothing.)

#221 Brightfires, Dec 18, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    2. I use to have several dolls, only three are still with me for now.

The most expensive one was a Volks SD10 Megu ordered from Volks USA and shipped to Canada, the doll was about 700+ CAD (currency kills me for real ) but I forgot about the tax once arrived in Canada...finally it comes about 870CAD something...:doh (just ordered a Nico from Volks USA, guess the Canadian custom will kill me for another time...fingers crossed for the tax)

The least expensive doll was my first doll, dollzone Mo which I bought second hand, value about 200$.

3. I have surpassed this one again. I bought the Ringdoll Judge of Hell fullset and he is well over $1000 my entire doll budget for next year. OfKa Lukas still holds the least expensive slot.

4. Wow, I feel like a cheapskate compared to many of you. My most expensive BJD was about $850, not including shipping. She's a Customhouse Choa with a face-up by Evenstar.

Least expensive was $150 for a CastleAnne dreaming, I forget her name! Senior moment. She's a slim mini. I had no custom fees on either as both sellers were in the US.

My comfort level for doll prices has dropped a lot. The days of dolls over $400 is long past. In fact my most expensive purchase in the last 3-4 years is the Little Fee Chloe that I just ordered from Denver Doll. Her total with shipping is $353. And even that is pushing it for me.

5. I think my cheapest was a tiny at about $150.

My most expensive... umm... probably my Fairyland Centaur. I don't know. I'm trying to block that out. I do adore her though.

6. My soul is crying and my bank is as well lol
      My most expensive to date is my Soom Sabik (also his outifts, eyes, wigs and shoes) and he came in just under $1800 Canadian and lord know how much more once he gets here :doh
      Coming in second was my Ring Doll Jack at just over $1000
      The cheapest to date was my Winter event doll Luca ( if it counts) she was $12.00. If event dolls don't count than I would say my 5 Star Kathy at $105.39 would be the cheapest.

7. my doll price range is pretty stable... from $350 - $600 ish

8. My most expensive doll so far was my Souldoll Lester, who was about $450 (shipping included). My cheapest is going to be my Dollzone Raymond hybrid at $388, shipping included. Hoping that the body I got for him will work, that is XD

9. I have a very wide range of doll prices but I try to keep to a budget every time. My most expensive full price doll is my Little Harmony Jeremy. I got him when there was no event or special to mitigate shipping. He's adorable though, so I have no regrets about his $400 price tag. He costs about the same as my Spiritdoll Echium, which I was only able to afford at a discount. Since he's gorgeous and discontinued, his actual value is much higher and if I had to resell him, I'd get him evaluated first (Not that I ever would, he's perfect)
      My cheapest dolls are my Resinsoul tinies, a Yu and an Elfkin. I got them new but they were both under $100 before taxes and customs. If I get dolls new, it'd be in the Resinsoul range.

10. The other day, I swapped out Lukas' $10 head for one I traded for with another head, which I got for free with a body purchase. So his body was $50 with a free head. Lukas is always the cheapest one but the one with the most intense modification. Instead of being the happy ugly monkey, he is much prettier now.

11. For me the most expensive doll must have been Iplehouse Tokyo story Tedros. I bought him as fullset and with all the stuff, shipping fees and custom fees the doll costed over $1200 if I remember correctly. I bought him from my first summer job payment. I worked extra hard so I could get him.

12. Actually the cheapest doll I own was my first as I got a second hand resinsoul doll for 60 ish usd. Most expensive though was 600 usd which was my doll chateau lily!

13. Ironically (so it seems to me) my most expensive girl is my 27cm momonita -- over 400 usd, but she's so gorgeous she was worth every cent! I paid for her with money from my summer job at a doll store. my cheapest girl is my largest (well, relatively), my 45cm MYOU girl for about 230 usd.

14. The least expensive doll I own is my Dollzone Cosmo on a Mirodoll body. Both parts were bought from a friend and she barely charged me anything.

My most expensive is my Fullset Volks Michele Summer Nights Phantom I bought of YJ for 1600, then several hundred more in shipping (omg, most expensive shipping ever) and fees. BUT he was still under my budget which was 2000 so that was great. Since he was my grail and there were circumstances, it was totally worth it! Though I'll probably never spend that much again....

15. My most expensive doll was MerryDollRound Zuri in milk chocolate skin ($800+) and the cheapest might have been Withdoll Lmt edt. Halloween Pooky, but I don't own him any more nor do I remember exactly how much he costed.

16. The cheapest are event dolls that I got for free, like some of my 5StarDoll YoSDs.

I don't own any expensive dolls, and I wouldn't know which one of them is the most expensive in terms of 'catalog price' or which one I paid most to own (which are two entirely different questions).

17. My most expensive was FairyLand's Cygne, she was about $1200 with all the custom fees. (~$970 the doll) She was expensive but she is still my favourite from the band. (they are 13 all toghether)

The cheaspest was my first. She is an OnlyDoll YouNan second hand. $124 with lots of extras, and new faceup. Unfortunatelly she is in pieces now, since she is from 2011 and since she is with me, she is hardly yellowed. So she is on a whitening bath cure now.

18. Shipping, additional fees, and accessories not included, my hybrid 70+cm boy ironically comes out as the cheaper of my two dolls. His head and body combined cost more or less $490.

My 65cm girl, a hybrid herself, has separate jointed hands. Adding that cost to her head and body would total about $550. It was actually her reshelling cost that brought up the total by a huge amount -- her current head is from a defunct company and the quantity was limited. No regrets there, though!

19. Oh man... the most I spent on a doll was for a Volks SD Chii that I picked up second hand a couple years ago with Belldandy coming in a very close second (I got her new).

Least expensive would probably be one of my Yo-SDs, though I can't remember which ones... :S

20. My most expensive doll would be the 5th motif Venitu i paid 800+$ for him +the shipping and my least expensive one is a 2nd hand ringdoll pan which i got for 290$.