1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Character you would like to have as a bjd?

Dec 24, 2014

1. I gave my Chicline guy from Fairyland a Crow-style face-up. Only one I've ever done and liked. His name's Damien St. Clair. :)

2. I'd like to see Zoe Saldana (Gamora) as a BJD. :P

3. I'm really not into the mini mee type dolls and I've never shelled a doll as a famous (or infamous) character...but I can't help but think it would be fun to have a few doll faceplates that resembled Helena Bonham Carter, and to costume her from a few roles...
      Otoh, when I described my Sard...someone (non-doll person, obviously!) said, 'oh like Mr Tumnus' :roll:

#403 mimimontoya, Jul 24, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    4. Not a movie but video game I'd love a bjd of breath of the wild Link <3

5. Dolls based on final fantasy characters

6. I’d love a Howl of Howl’s Moving Castle doll! I don’t think a doll of a human actor would suit my tastes so most of my dream character dolls would come from animated movies or games.

7. I have to say, I really agree. All the characters that I would really like to have would be more from games or books, rather than an actual person. I'm not sure why, but the idea of a hyper-realistic doll that looked like a real, living person makes me a little uncomfortable having it in my room.

8. I’d loooooove to have Lestat and Ash Williams as dolls. :love I really like the idea of making cosplay outfits for dolls, though. You know, so you don’t have to commit to losing an opportunity to shell an OC in favor of having existing characters as dolls.

9. I love Benedict Cumberbatch especially as Doctor Strange and when IoS came out with teasers about the BJD they were creating last year I was so tempted. Then they released the price. While I admire all the details and work they were putting into costume, hair and face up they didn't really share body photos. To me if body looks lame what is point. Anyway even with a year layaway I just couldn't justify over $2000 on one doll. So I passed. Now the dolls should have all shipped and I can't find one real owner photo. So not sure if he was well done or what. Sad that they didn't offer just the doll, could have just had him as himself.

10. @animemom: Oh, I also admired this IOS BJD, but there is really no way I could afford this. Moreover, he also is simply too tall for my 70 cm crew. But I always thought "maybe Impl Idol Nicolas could somehow show a similarity to Dr. Strange". But I was not too sure, and I did not want to wipe my Nicolas's faceup.
      But I gave in and ordered a second Nicolas sculpt after I saw one who reminded extremely of Benedict Cumberbatch, albeit rather as Sherlock Holmes. So I contacted Impldoll for a custom faceup of a slightly older Benedict Cumberbatch. We will see how he turns out. I have also given them as reference a picture of the Hot Toys figure. I really could not find a well-lit picture of Dr. Strange where you could clearly see everything.

I will post a picture when he arrives. Wig and beard will be made by myself.

11. I look forward to seeing photos. Sounds very cool.

12. Definitely Gary Oldman, not as a specific character though so he could embody several of his roles!

13. Jenny Lind (Rebecca Fergusson) from the Greatest Showman.

Every ‘look’ (hair, outfit combination) in the movie was just stunning and I think would make the most beautiful doll.

14. I'd have to say Zendaya (especially with messy hair!!) Ooh, or Audrey Hepburn! She'd be gorgeous as a doll, espesially with those beautiful expressive eyes! But a more stylized version maybe, i'm not sure how I would feel about having a super realistic doll based on a person... It'd be cool to see though!

15. It might be very hard to find, but a MNM Gary Oldman was made a long time ago! (I actually owned one for a while, it was lovely but I had no use for it in the end.)

16. Really! :D I can't decide if that's exciting (because it exists) or sad because I'll probably never find it :lol:

17. Yep, really. :) (My roommate at the time was the GO organizer!) And you never know, if you decide you want one you can always put out a WTB and see if one shows up after all this time. Stranger things have happened!

18. She is not from a movie, but an anime called Darling in the Franxxx and she is 02! I really like her!

19. Honestly I’d love to have a Maleficent doll. She’s my favorite Disney villain! I’d probably want her sculpt to be based on the animated version rather than the live action, but I absolutely would want to have a version or clothing set of her outfit in the live action with her wings!

20. Kind of cheating here because it's not a movie, but rather a tv show, but literally anyone from the American Gods STARZ television show would be super tempting for me. Especially a Shadow Moon (Ricky Whittle) bjd.

I don't usually go for minime styled dolls, but seriously the whole cast is so perfect I'd have a hard time saying no to any of them if someone made them into bjds.