1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Character you would like to have as a bjd?

Dec 24, 2014

1. Satine from Moulin Rouge. And I'd love to have a replica of one of Jenny Lind's costumes from the Greatest Showman. Plus Eowyn from The Lord of the Rings.

And for tv, some of Vanessa Ives' costumes from Penny Dreadful are gorgeous.

There are so many to choose from!

2. I would love to see Leon from the movie Leon The Professional,
      or Hannah from the movie of the same name.
      Pocahontas too, the version of the movie The New World, as I haven't seen any indigenous inspired dolls yet.

3. I’m doing one from Apocalypse Now, which may be one of the strangest ever crossovers with the word ‘dolly’. This is why I love BJDs. (He’s actually going to be an oc of mine, but he can do the cosplay bit).

4. I was just thinking of this not long ago.

As for movies, some type of cat woman bjd would be awesome. I am hoping 2020 will bring me the Luts Kid Zuzu Delf Lio that I have been eyeing.

5. Currently working on some of the people from the Resident Evil movies.

Claire Redfield - mostly done
      Alice - work in progress
      Nicholai Ginovaef - incoming

Still looking for sculpts that can be turned into Carlos Olivera (movie version, so something that looks close enough to Oded Fehr) and Becky (cos Alice needs her little girl, period). In the meantime, I'll spend a ton of money on getting the three above-mentioned the arsenal they'll need to survive the zombie apocalypse. ;)

6. Not a movie but a Chinese drama! I loved The Untamed drama, specially the main protagonists, Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan.
      I loved the ancient clothes and robes with long hairstyles~

7. I mean this was a musical first but then a movie so I think it counts. I would say Roger Davis from Rent

8. Hmm. Probably Bucky Barnes from Avengers, for me, but that would be a daunting project.

9. After watching a lot of Star Wars over the last few weeks (since TROS came out really) I came in here to say I would love a Luke Skywalker doll, but I decided to see what I'd said in this thread three years ago before I posted and

I will forever remain on brand.

10. Arthur Fleck/Joker (mmmmMMMmmm Joaquin Phoenix :drool:drool:drool)

11. I have a complicated relationship with character dolls, as I love looking at them but I don't know if I'd ever actually get one for vaious reasons (I like more stylized dolls, minimee heads tend to be sized for 65-70+ doll bodies and that's way too tall for me (agatti makes smaller ones but they're limited), I'd rather spend money on getting a bunch of legos/figures/Barbie-type dolls of all the different superheroes/anime characters/Disney princesses I like then getting only a few of them in bjd form, I'd probably get frustrated trying to find the right wig and outfits for them without breaking my budget, etc.) Also, I just have a lot of fandoms that I tend to rotate through haphazardly.

However, I am thinking about/working on making some characters based on books or that have otherwise been around long enough to have many different interpretations of them, because that way I don't have to worry about making them look accurate or forcing them to stick to a role. I currently have some dolls based on characters from Journey to the West and Alice In Wonderland; some other ideas I've been playing with are versions of Sherlock and Watson, a Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, and Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens in animal forms (one of my boys used to be Crowley before the miniseries came out).

If I was going to make character bjds the list would be something like: Thor, Loki, Cap, Iron Man, Jason Todd, Batman, probably all his other kids so they don't feel left out, Catwoman, Cable and Deadpool, maybe the rest of the Avengers, the original Star Wars trio (+ Vader?), Kirk Spock and Bones, Picard and Q, Elsa Anna Kristoff and Hans from Frozen, Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Bulma, Beerus(?), probably more saiyans, Seto Kaiba, Atem/Yami Yugi (ohgodthehair), the glass cat from the later Wizard of Oz books (I just think she's neat+clean resin!), pokemons maybe like a Meowth or something, Heechul and Leeteuk from SUper Junior, all of BTS (if i even got one i'd have to get the rest its law), speaking of law Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth and maybe some of the kids, a bunch of Hetalians, Ducktales (humanized or not idk), maybe a Doctor and Master idk what versions though...Gravity Falls...Steven U...Miraculous Ladybug (tiny kwami bjd!)...humanized ponies...more disney princesses...I like...too many things...

...And that's why I don't do flat out character bjds lol. :sweat

#431 monkeypizzasonic, Jan 27, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2020
    12. I really agree-would be so beautiful as a doll. I think I may need to copy at least one of her dressers for a OC doll. But then again I just love the movie.

My first ever BJD doll is being planned as inspired by Audrey Hepburn as she is my style Idol so I knew I wanted to have a doll with clothes like hers. I understand about the super realistic as that is what turned me off dolls when I was not in the hobby.

Oh yes that would be awesome. I love musicals and Rent is my absolute favourite.

13. I have such a list of characters at this point that I'd be best served creating some really good cosplays for dolls I have, rather than shelling them all... (though I WILL be getting my favorite book characters shelled)

So on that front, I will eventually put together a good Ian Malcolm for Jack (which will be more recognizable than the character I based him off of, and easier to do...)

14. I have quite a few, actually. I recently did Emperor Palpatine, a suitless Vader, and Oola from Star Wars, Audrina from My Sweet Audrina (although her looks are based more on the book), Molly McIntire from Molly: An American Girl on the Home Front (I have the American Girl one, but decided I needed a bjd version), Arwen from Lord of the Rings, Trini from Power Rangers, Kirk and Khan from Star Trek (Khan is the Into Darkness style), a few Outsiders characters (again, looks based more on the book), and my latest ones, Truly Scrumptious and Caractacus Potts from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I don't know if they'll all stay as movie characters, but that's ok. Most of them were dolls that didn't fit the characters I'd originally meant them for.

15. Well I dont know about movie characters but there are soooo many book characters that I want as dolls :( espcially kaliis from aurora rising <3

16. Oh me too!
      Also, Padme Amidala. The little girl in me has always wanted her clothes, and I'd loved the chance to play dress up/fashion designer for a galaxy far far away.

Also, well, Iron Man, Loki, Dr Strange, Bucky Barnes, one of the LOTR women, Kirk and Spock from Star Trek... and just those from the top of my head. Yeah, I have a wishlist.:sweat

#436 Shaelei, Oct 15, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2020
    17. I'd love to have some slasher BJDs. I love the idea of a tall, chunky Bubba Sawyer/Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre on my shelf with my cute, unassuming, doe-eyed MSDs lmao. I'd wanna take spooky pictures of him but I'd always want to dress him up in funny little outfits. Of course, he'd have to some with a chainsaw and maybe two masks, the original and the 2003 remake.

18. I really like AHS characters, primarily some actors would be really great sculpts. I'm actually, very surprised their isn't a Tate Langdon (Evan Peters) sculpt already. He would be a dope character. Another one would have to be Michael Langdon, (Cody Fern) right? And lastly, Zach Villa. I've def. got a crush on all of them so...that's the primary inspiration. LOL

19. Not sure if you know, but Ringdoll has made both! They are licensed and came with fullset version as well :3nodding:

20. I would love to have a doll of each of the characters from Thunderbolt Fantasy. Mainly Lin Setsu A, Shang Bu Huan and Lang Wu Yao.