1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Dolls Across Country?

Jan 29, 2019

1. I keep my dolls in their original boxes when I need to move them. I sometimes wrap their fingers and toes, especially if I know someone else might happen to pick the boxes up and move them (although this is unlikely, I don't leave them to be moved by other people and I put them in the backseat of my car when I drive from the old place to the new one). Other than that, I don't do much. I try to keep all wigs, clothes, and accessories in one box.

2. I have the original boxes for most of my dolls, but if I didn't, I think I'd just put face protectors on, wrap them like mummies in bubble wrap, and stack them in the back seat of my car to transport them myself. No way would I turn them over to a moving company, so all they'd really need would be basic protection from rubbing against each other.

3. I packed mine carefully in their boxes and put them in my backseat. I had one sitting on my passenger seat with a blanket over him.

I didn't move very far though. Six miles.

4. I moved about 2 years ago with around 10 dolls at the time, most of which were SD. 120 miles so it was a couple hour trip. Saved all of their boxes and put them 1-2 to a box depending on how big the boxes are. I didn't bother with undressing them but I did put face protectors on. Floating heads went into a padded shoe box. Then once in the car, all the boxes were stacked or placed in a way that they wouldn't flop around with turns. Most of the hassle was carrying the big boxes to and from the car.

5. well I traveled my dolls from China to US, usually I will keep the head in the small gift box with paper towel and mask cover and put in my carry on case, and put the body in the suitcase with bubble wrap, but if you have paint on body I guess you need to have paper towel wrap the body first before you put on bubble wrap, it may take your paint off during travel. Good luck on your trip!

6. When I moved from Ohio to Connecticut, I placed all of my Crew that had boxes in their shipping boxes, and my MSDs in my 70cm boy's carry bag, making sure to use any and all face masks that I had, securing them with rubber bands to their heads. The ones that didn't have face masks, I wrapped in soft wash cloths. I used bubble wrap on delicate hands. I made sure that my Crew were all well-padded with pillows, blankets and towels when I placed their boxes in the Mom's Attic part of the 26' long U-haul truck. I propped up my dining room table and other things, blocking the Mom's Attic area so that my Crew couldn't slide around, then loaded the rest of my things into the truck. I don't think things shifted at all during the move, there was so much stuff in the truck. IIRC, at the time, I had 14 dolls, but I only had boxes for around 9-11 of them. Floating heads were wrapped in towels or wash cloths, then into a backpack. I didn't want anyone to think that I had money or anything in my backpack, so they went on the passenger side floor of the U-haul.

The full dolls that didn't have boxes, I put on the passenger seat of the moving truck with me, along with my four cats in their carriers. I made sure to seat belt everyone in, both resin and feline, and drove carefully the entire way.

When I needed to stop at rest stops, I made sure that I parked away from cars, and closer to all the semi trucks, since many truckers tend to keep an eye on each other. Whenever I needed to leave the truck to go inside the rest stops, I made sure to lock everything up, hurry in and then back to the truck.

Due to circumstances beyond my control (exhaustion from moving most of a house by myself:sweat), it took me about two days to arrive, which means whenever I needed to sleep, I slept in the cab of the truck, along with my cats and dolls. It wasn't a difficult trip, but I hate moving, so it was a PITA to pack and then unpack the truck. Luckily, my partner and one of his brothers helped me once I arrived!

My Crew all made the journey safe and sound. I dread moving again, since between my partner and I, we now have close to 30 dolls!

Ryu

#46 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 29, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 29, 2020