1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MuDoll (FelixDoll) Brownies discussion Part 3

Apr 16, 2010

1. The small comforts found on ebay do not have the metal plate in the back. The picture up on the site is from Felix I believe. I was told by someone who messaged the seller that a company bought the rights to reproduce them. I do have two of them, and I did have an original small comfort. They are exactly the same, even the unusual eye holders are the same.

2. The seller I bought mine from doesn't actually show a pic with the metal plate on the back of the head, but there is a side pic that you can see the indention where it should be. I had looked at several different sellers' listings, and most of the others do show the metal plate. But, like you said, they are probably using Felix's pics. It really doesn't matter to me one way or another. All I know is Felix went out of business, so someone else has taken over. They probably cannot put the Felix name on these new dolls since they filed bankruptcy. That makes sense to me. Here is something interesting stated at the bottom of the auction:

- 2013 officially opened by hand.
      - Products Made on September 2013 to present are officially sold at the same quality.

I guess they are saying that these dolls are made with the same quality as the original Felix Small Comforts. Whatever it means is fine with me. Regardless, I am very excited about my new little one arriving soon! :aheartbea

3. First week of August, thats pretty soon! I'm waiting for the end of the month, to make a decision. Of course, then Fairyland chose to have a promotional event:P It's pretty tempting since I want a Pukifee Ante anyway and I can get an extra faceplate for it, or I can get the Small Comfort doll which is something I really like and it's easier to afford now. I'm getting married in two month's time >.< How long is the shipping time on yours? Does a Lati White or Pukipuki wig fit Small Comforts? It's kinda weird to think about putting a wig on it, but I was one of those hairy babies who had a full head of curls when I was born :huh?: And then it straightened out when I got older, no fair!

4. Actually, I just found out that she is supposed to be here on Monday via FedEx!!! Yay!!! :dance I am ecstatic! I just purchased mine this past Monday (July 21), so that was really, really fast! If you do decide to order one and you want her/him very quickly, be sure to get the FedEx expedited shipping. I do plan on putting a wig on my baby, too. I don't know if I have one that will look good or even fit good. If not, I will order her one. I will let you know, though. I don't blame you for wanting an Ante, too. I have a PukiPuki Ante. She is my fav Puki. It would be a hard decision. I guess get whichever one tugs at your heart the most. Congrats on your upcoming marriage! That's wonderful! I wish your husband and you all the best! I will post some pics of my new baby as soon as she arrives! ;)

5. Does anyone know if puki hands could be modified to fit brownies?

I want my Haha to be able to hold stuff but none of the Brownie dealers seem to be selling hand sets

6. My Felix Small Comfort babies arrived today. Yes, I said "babies". I opened up the shipping box and saw that there were two doll boxes inside, and I figured that maybe they went ahead and put my extra sleeping faceplate in a doll box by itself for safe shipping. When I opened the boxes, I was pleasantly surprised to find two complete babies! These little babies are amazing! They are so tiny, but so well-made! They pose wonderfully, too! I am just so impressed with these little ones! I love them! :love I was also surprised to find that they do indeed have the metal Felix plates on the back of their heads. So, they are official Felix dolls--no doubt! I highly recommend the seller (storewithstory) that I purchased mine from on eBay. I purchased mine on Monday, July 21, and they actually arrived at FedEx where I live on Saturday, but since there was no Saturday delivery, I got them today and very early at that. I can't wait to do their face-ups and get them all dressed! I will be sure to post some more pics as soon as I do. :)

[​IMG]Felix Small Comfort Babies by Lisa&#x27;s Dream Dolls, on Flickr

[​IMG]Felix Small Comfort Babies by Lisa&#x27;s Dream Dolls, on Flickr

babytarragon: I wish I could help you, but I am new to the Felix dolls. I hope someone here can help you out, though. ;)

7. Wow they are cute! What a nice surprise as well!

Just got notification that my agent received my Haha! So excited!

I might just grab some puki hands and experiment ^^

8. Oh Lisa, how cute. I can't wait to see what you do with them. It is strange that there are so many selling them and some have stickers and some don't. I really wonder what is going on there.

9. Thank you, baby tarragon! Congrats on your Haha! I can't wait to see her/him! Yes, it certainly wouldn't hurt to experiment with the hands. I hope they work out for you. Be sure to let us know! :)

Thank you, desertmountainbear! That is interesting about the Felix plates, but I don't think it really matters one way or another. Had mine come without them, I certainly would not have minded. It may have something to do with the factory they come from or the seller. Regardless, they are sweet either way! ;) I haven't gotten to work on mine yet, as I had another doll--a gift for my MIL--that I had to finish up. I hope to work on them later today or maybe tomorrow. Of course, it's supposed to rain here--ugh!!!--so that may put a damper on my work. Anyway, I am anxious to get their face-ups done! :)

10. Jaw drop! Now that is an awesome deal! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for the name of the ebay seller, it's really reassuring to see that you got the real deal:)

11. Hi --
      I got a promotional head a while back and it did not have a plate on the back of it.

Anyways, Dolk Station (linked) carries all the Brownies now. You can get a set (Momo head) or single dolls.

HTH

12. Thank you very much! I do love my babies! It's STILL raining here, so I haven't gotten to do their face-ups--rain, rain go away!!! :pout:

That is strange how some of them have plates and some don't. :nowords: I appreciate the link for Dolk Station. That's great! I think I would like to get a Brownie next. They are so cute and would make a terrific friend for my PukiPuki Ante and big sister to my babies. ;)

13. Dolk don't seem to be doing the summer gift head event though unfortunately, which is a shame. I think you have to go direct to Dollsshop.co.kr or another dealer to get it.

14. Oh I haven't posted my HaHa yet!

[​IMG]Haha by babytarragon, on Flickr

I made this alpaca wig for her ^^

...annnndd might have just ordered two more Brownies for the summer event :p

15. Oh my! She is wonderful!!! I love the wig you made for her. Is she on the baby body?

16. She's so cute! You did a wonderful job on her wig, too! :)

17. She looks so sweet and darling.

18. Lisa, did you get the Nene head? Is that the head with open eyes shown here with a faceup?

[​IMG]