1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Muscular female dolls- who wants one?

Jul 27, 2015

1. Pardon if this has been specifically done/asked before, but I didn't find anything quite like it in my search. I am frustrated by the lack of strong female bodies on the market for my dolls, many of whom are superheros. I know some companies are looking into it, some DoAers have petitioned Iplehouse, Impldoll, Mirodoll, and there was a huge disappointment with the Nobility Doll muscular body when that was group ordered back in... shoot... was that 2012? Earlier?

I would love a show of hands of people who would say, "Yes, if you offered a well-engineered and aesthetically pleasing muscular body for the ladies, I would be delighted to drop my hard-earned money on her!"

Not hypothetically, not where can I get one of these, but 'Please companies, listen, we want this. Yes, we really do.' Whether you want one NOW (wouldn't that be awesome!), or in the future or just think you MIGHT want the option, please let's make our desires known. If that's OK with the board. I hope I am not overstepping boundaries, but I am really interested in what the demand actually is for this product.

Or it is just me?

----------------------

I tried to put up a poll, but it seems I was timed out. So here are some options for answers if you'd just like to post a number and not leave a longer reply:

Would you buy a muscular female doll body?

1. Yes, I want one. I need her now. Gimme. Please and thank you.

2. Yes, I have future plans for a girl like that.

3. Not right now, but maybe some day.

4. Not personally, but I think the option should be available to all.

5. No, that's silly! Muscles are for boys.

2. 1- Yes, please! I would buy muscular female bodies in both short and tall sizes!!

3. Yes I want one, and I intend to preforder Byrna from Shelma in september.
      i have read Twigling is considering making one too... and april story or classy doll doesn't have a female toned body with abs?

4. Count me in among #3! I have no immediate plans, but if a body like that was available ... oooh yummeh. I don't think I could resist even if I tried. :XD:

5. Well, if I liked it and if it came in the right resin colour so that I could use it for one of my "surplus" heads - sure, why not? I'm sure Aidan would look great as muscular amazon/warrioress! XD

6. Anwer 3, and I'd like to add, it would be important for me to be able to choose the boost size. I'd prefer smaller breasts, so different options would be essential.

7. YES! I'd forgotten about that ... too big melons on that girl would be the deal breaker for me. Very muscular girls have less body fat, so the boobs are usually smaller (and would need to be for me to like the body).

8. I think Granado makes a bony, slightly muscly female body (but it may be being phased out?) But I'm so in the market for an athletic, toned female body!

9. I'm probably a 3 right now, but for sure the option should be available. I personally love muscular/athletic/well toned women, and think it would be wonderful for doll companies to have more diversity in female bodies like with male bodies.

10. Yes I want one VERY MUCH. I have specifc plans for a doll based off of my Nord warrior woman Skyrim character. I have been planning on making her an Iplehouse Bibiane because the face is exactly perfect, but the idea of her having a soft curvy body when she runs around in heavy armor in freezing weather swinging a warhammer has always annoyed the hell out of me. I would LOVE it beyond measure if Iplehouse specifically would make a female superhero-type woman body so I could have my Bibiane head on a body that suits the character.
      Also agree with the above comments that I would want that body to NOT come with the huge ginormous boobs. Ideally the same bust size choices currently available on Iplehouse women's bodies would also be available on the superhero-type body.

11. 3. Not right now, but some day.

If It could fit a Impldoll Star head too, it would be great (I'm thinking Karena special head). So wide shoulders and smallish breasts. Muscular but not built like a brick wall.

12. I'm currently in the 2-3 range, because I'm not in a position to jump into buying a new body, but if I had the money, that'd be a different issue! :chomp:

Either way, I do wish to own one in the future, because I would just LOVE IT if there were more muscular female bodies. The lovely anatomical details are great on muscular male dolls, but I prefer female dolls and get kind of disappointed when the detail on them is focused on just boobs and bellybuttons x'D.

It'd be really cool if there was even a range of them, because athletic females' muscle builds look different. For instance, a gymnast's body looks different than a swimmer's body due to focus on different muscle groups and aspects of the body. The level of definition varies with bodyfat, which also differs with the athlete's profession; a weightlifter looks MUCH different than a bodybuilder, as one is for lifting the most weight and the other is about working off the most bodyfat and achieving the most muscle definition. I think of the photoshoot Howard Schatz did with professional and olympic woman athletes http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...os-women-professional-athletes_n_4297902.html. You can see a HUGE variation of bodytypes for what it means to be 'muscular and athletic'. Some of the variance is individual, but the variance in muscle definition is probably worth noting.

I'm not sure if I'd be into a body-builder doll body, as I'm more into a body made for function rather than for looks. An MMA/boxer's body would probably be the type of muscular body I most prefer, as female fighters are AWESOOOME, followed by something sleek and lithe like a swimmer's body, which may be more versatile in it's use.

13. I'm going with 4 here, as I like my girls either thin or curvy and am not at all interested in owning a muscular girl, but I do think the option should be there for those who would like one! Angel of Dream girls have some abs, and even that is too much for me personally, though I think they look good.

14. Wow, thanks for the link, BioniCandy!

15. Definitely 1. I have a strong lady with beefy arms who needs to be shelled. Preferably 42cm and under, but I can dream.

16. Awesome link, Bionicandy! Very big eye-opener!

I agree with you all about different heights and chest sizes. I would want the option for large breasts and smaller for the sake of variety and individuality. I forgot to mention those items, thanks for adding them!

SKIMO, thanks for the info on Birna from Sheema, I looked her up and she is AMAZing! I need to find more info on her. She has great abs!

I had also heard Twigling wanted to make one which isn't a huge leap for her- her girls already have wonderfully muscled legs. I hope we get lots of companies offering girls with muscles, so we get lots of variety, height, and aesthetic differences!

Please keep raising your hands and voices! This is great to know and share!

17. I'd love to have an athletic lady. IOS has been working on a female that may fit the bill. I'm looking forward to it's release.
      I think it would be fun to create an "action" figure type character that has a little bit of a six pack, slight biceps, defined thighs and modest breasts. I'd be about a 3 on the poll.

18. 4--definitely would love the option available for those who want it.

I can't rule out someday wanting a muscular female body someday, but right now the one girl I have is a soldier (admittedly not muscular, but she's a space opera character) so if I get another girl, it's going to be something super-femme for variety. :) (My other three are boys.)

19. 4 - - I would not want this, but if there is enough demand, which seems is the case, it would be nice for those who would want this body type to have the option.

20. #4 I like my female dolls to look like average teenage or young adult girls. I don't like overly muscular male dolls either. But of course the option should be available for anyone who wants it.