1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MYou 40cm Big Baby Discussion

Nov 5, 2016

1. I used to live very near to one of the American Girl retail stores & I took my Baby Delf in one day - eyeballing it, there were some Wellie Wisher stuff I thought *might* work but I wasn't confident enough to buy it. Wellie Wishers are pretty slim bodied.

l did end up getting Mary Ellen's sleeper sofa and Kit's desk & thought that was a cute fit so if anyone was looking for furniture for big baby size dolls... XD

2. I'm going to take a chance and buy a Wellie Wisher's outfit (it was $9 so won't be out too much if it doesn't fit well).

I was getting ready to complain that JunkySpot hasn't restocked any dolls in a LONG time but then checked last night and they have new stock in :dance However, I'm still going to complain because they only got the dolls with the big baby body and not any of the pear shaped bodies :...( I so prefer the pear shaped body (have decided to replace the 3 BB bodies with the pear shaped body for my Nianer, Mousee and BuXiaoqi). I want Marshmallow but then I'd have to replace her body too if I got her through JS. I sent them an email to ask if they would get any in on the pear body (crosses fingers)

3. @Mu Shu Let us know how it goes! I keep buying Wellie wishers accessories, but no clothes yet besides the apron.

4. After several years of being content with my crew, I broke down because of these cutie pies and bought another doll.

Meet Tip.

[​IMG]

He's got the dark lip line people warned of, but only the faintest traces of the glitter people mentioned (and even then it's only noticeable in certain light). I adore him. Though I had really planned to reshell another doll into this one and... well. That didn't happen at all. Instead he stole another's cosplay wig and demanded brown eyes. A bit much for such a shy boy. Now I have to figure out how to get boy clothes for him!

The only disappointment was the fullset wig. It's a mess! Missing wefts, ragged edges, the left side is almost two inches longer than the other... I've tried everything and I can't work with it! It's why I had to steal another grey wig. Really disappointed about that; that fullset wig was supposed to replace the wig he's now wearing (for a completely different doll to boot)!

5. I love him @LilTigre! He seems so sweet, and not at all embarrassed about snatching someone else's wig! Lol!
      It seems many people are disappointed with the MYou wigs now. Its too bad, because the dolls and outfits are so well done!

6. I've been traveling for work so haven't had time to respond if WW clothes fit or not. I started out with just a relatively cheap swimsuit (it was $9 but wasn't going to be out much if it didn't fit). The swimsuit is really cute and I'm happy to say that it FITS on the big baby body :cheer It does NOT fit well on the pear shape body :atremblin

[​IMG]
      Wellie Wishers swimsuit on MYOU BB body
      par Mu Shu, on ipernity

After seeing that it fit on the regular big baby body, I decided to try some other things. The official tagged clothing for the WW all seem to fit the big baby body. I have a few "handmade" outfits that also fit but definitely have to be careful with the handmade stuff as one dress was thinner through the torso and would not close in the back :( There was one handmade dress that fit the pear shape body. I'll try and post pics in the photo reference section since there are multiple photos.

Sadly the shoes do NOT fit (they are like 1/8" too small :...()

ETA: I started a thread in the photo reference of some of the outfits for WW here

#306 Mu Shu, Aug 17, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    7. Thank you Mu Shu! I'm going to look into getting some things!

8. I recently got a doll with the pear shaped body and was able to try out some outfits for Glitter Girls, which are a similar size to Wellie Wishers. I got two packs and they fit pretty good, they are definitely smaller on the BB Body than Glitter Girls though.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The shoes she is wearing are from Myou and the GG shoes don't fit right but if you really wanted you could probably make the sandals work.

[​IMG]

9. Thank you for sharing. This is good information. I never thought about GG outfits fitting.:)

10. Which of the two bodies can fit into Rosenlied dresses?

11. I have the pear shape body. Rosenlied Holiday dresses fit nicely. :)

12. Thank you for your help. I'm toying with the idea of getting Nianer at some point and I lthink I like the look of the pear-shaped body best.

13. I like the pear shape body too. Also pear shape does not have the bigger feet, which I think is hard to fit, but I could be wrong..
      Here is Matcha wearing RL dress..

[​IMG]

14. She's adorable and the dress makes her look even more so. I really like lace as well as the black and white contrast.

15. Thank you! At one time I was selling it. I am so glad it didn’t sell. I really love the quality and how it looks on Matcha.

16. @Oliveoil - I have Matcha on the pear shaped body and she has big, chubby feet compared to my Nianer who is just on the BB body with much smaller feet. I prefer both the pear shaped body and the larger feet. So far all of the shoes that I've bought for them fit both bodies well.

@Allie27 - I have Nianer (impulse buy from JunkySpot some time ago). Absolutely love her in person (although wish she were on the pear shaped body). In person her face up is beautiful, however in all of her pictures she looks like she's been beat up as the blushing is too heavy under her eyes:( I've got to find a way to tone that down without ruining her face up.

And, I wanted to see if any of the clothes from Walmarts "My Life" line would fit any of these dolls (mainly for my boys as they are seriously lacking clothes). Both boys are on the BB body. The pants overall are a decent fit. The tops are way big and I'll need to do some taking in, but for $10 each outfit not bad.
      [​IMG]
      MYou boys wearing My Life clothes (2)
      par Mu Shu, on ipernity

17. Thank you for the info.

18. That is good to know. I have the smaller size too.
      Junky Spot has measurements and if you were to order Big Baby and not specify which feet size I think you are going to get the bigger ones. Big Baby 5.8cm x 2.6; Pear Shape 5.6cm x 2.4. I could be wrong. That was one of the reasons why I ordered Pear Shape because I prefer the smaller feet. It is very good to know that shoes fit both. Awhile ago there was some concern.
      Thanks for sharing! :)

BTW, Your boys look great!

19. @Oliveoil - I wish Junky Spot would stock more with the pear shape body. I asked them, but they replied that most everyone wanted the regular body :(

20. That is too bad. The pear shape I prefer as well.