1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MYou 40cm Big Baby Discussion

Nov 5, 2016

1. No name yet v.v oddly I can't think of one. I need something fancy for her.

Yeah they put quite a bit of shimmer on the eyelids, cheeks. But I didn't know it wasn't sealed so while I was trying to wipe this little lint on the cheek, I noticed it was on my finger and I was really surprised. I wonder if Junkyspot put it??

2. @101i74 Names are the hardest! I always want something that is under-used but not made-up sounding. I want my gals to be identifiable ;) I always use the search function to see if a name I pick is used a lot. Unfortunately, I didn't realize Tonner had a whole doll line called Ellowyne when I named my girl Ellowyn, but her name was already stuck in my mind by then. I've been researching flower names lately for my two new girls.

3. Congratulations on the new orders. Lawrence is very helpful and patient. We will know best after the dolls arrive. :)

101i74: Loretta is very pretty! I love her new clothes.ngoid to know about darlinja on etsy. I would love to get Matcha on regular big baby body. I may wait for next event. There is a holiday in China at the end of month which will delay the orders. I got Delia from Junkyspot and had the same fairy dust. :)

4. My Dollmore order finally arrived, I think I ordered on the 6th? So it shipped like 2 days later. Pretty quick! I got 2 dresses and I didn't try the other one but as you can see below, the mokashura stuff fits really well, and that lace does come to her knees. Quality is pretty good and the material has stiffness to it so you don't need a petti, it poofs out on its own!

Also finally got a wig for her, it's not exactly what I wanted but it was the closest and fastest I could get. This is an 8/9 wig from Angell Studio. I confirm that it fits without issue. Sorry for flash, lighting is just crappy.

[​IMG]

Aaaaand one more bit of spam:

[​IMG]

I love her so much ;0;

5. Oh, she is just lovely!! I love her too! :)
      Good to know 8/9 wigs fit. I was hesitant to buy Big Baby because I didn't want to start buying a new size wig.

6. Oh she looks adorable @101i74! I really love that dress, and I think the wig looks great! She really looks beautiful, and is showing her personality off now!

I told darlingja you recommended her and it made her day! I got a gorgeous dress and shoes for Ellowyn from her!
      [​IMG]
      I guess Ellowyn must just like the short minidress look, like a 70's preschooler. I know all my little kid pictures I'm in short dresses ;)

7. Myou is having a Spring Festival Event with 15% off and free fist hands for big baby and 30cm dolls!

8. Ellowyne looks so pretty in her new clothes! Good to know Disney Animator clothes fit. I have a couple of patterns for that size. :)

Sadly I am unable to open Myou site. It has something to do with my server. This happens from time to time. Hope it clears up.
      Although, it did not stop me from ordering the new pear shape body girl. :)

9. thanks for the info! im sure i will be fine with the small feet. just hope it doesnt look funny. :P

10. I haven't seen any Dong Dongs on here yet.
      [​IMG]
      I picked him up from Junky Spot's Black Friday sale back in November. Here I was trying out a few wigs I had in the wig stash. I've already gotten a couple of new wigs, but otherwise he's still nameless and naked except for the underpants they ship them with. I'm a bad dolly mom. :(

11. At least they come with undies! He's gorgeous!

12. @CornflowerBlue I love your Dong Dong! He is so handsome, and is totally on my wishlist! Boys will be harder to dress, probably, since you may need custom pants patterns. Unless you use leggings or shorts for now? Somewhere I have a pair of leggings made for animator dolls, if I can find them I'll try them on Ellowyn

13. Dong dong is very handsome. I like the lighter wig best. Both look good.
      Nice to see pictures of him. :)

14. Thanks! Honestly, I'm probably going to dress him like a girl. Or maybe both and swap wigs and identities. So it will be like having 2 dolls in one. Fortunately for him/her, I can sew. I just haven't had a chance to look through my patterns for something YoSD or similar body type that I could enlarge. And so he's been patiently waiting for me to get around to him.

15. I don't know if anyone is planning on sewing for these dolls, but I still have a bunch of clothing from my childhood Ideal Growing Hair Crissy dolls. These are early 70's dolls and yes I'm that old. But just about everything fits the original big baby body. I would guess the fit would be hit and miss with the new, pear shaped body. Here's a few examples:
      [​IMG]
      There's more on my Flickr, if you're interested.

I can match up the clothing I have to 4 Simplicity patterns: 9138, 8519, 5276, 9698. A quick search shows you can still find them on eBay and Etsy. Only one pattern plus a couple of pieces from the others survived a cat getting into the pattern box and having a shred fest long ago. But its enough to get me started making some new clothes for Dong Dong and no pattern resizing required.:dance

16. The outfits look great. Good to know what fits this size. I like the pink dress best! Thanks for info.

17. Awesome!! Thanks @CornflowerBlue ! I'm going to check them out! Pants!!!

I see there is a 15 1/2 " version of the patterns and a 17 1/2" version. We should be looking at the 15 1/2" right?

#97 whisperwolf, Jan 30, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    18. Sorry, I meant to mention the size. I have Simplicity 9698 intact and its the 17 1/2" size. I'm 99% sure the rest were the larger size too and we hemmed the clothing shorter for the shorter doll and sometimes clothing was big on her. The smaller size was for Velvet and some other dolls from this line that were shorter. The shorter dolls not only have shorter legs but shorter torsos. I took a couple of pictures of the two sizes of the dolls and posted them on Flickr (warning - naked dolly photos): Ideal Growing Hair Dolls and Ideal Growing Hair Dolls

Edit: Duh, here's one with both size Ideal dolls and Dong Dong: Ideal vs MYou Big Baby
      And I found this website with their measurements and photos of all the patterns made for the Ideal dolls: Crissy Family Dolls - Patterns

#98 CornflowerBlue, Jan 30, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    19. And yes, pants!

20. I apologize if this info is easy to find :D

Does the new pear body have the same hands as the 40cm or are they a new sculpt?