1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

MYou 40cm Big Baby Discussion

Nov 5, 2016

1. ooh... Its hard to tell for sure, @gothiclibrarian but it certainly looks like they are the same. Edit: They have to be a new hand, since the original have attached smooth ball joints. The whole body must be new model, since it is all ball joints and not the double joints and smooth joints of the original.

@CornflowerBlue Oops! I bought one in each size. Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to adjust! Thanks for all the good info!

#101 whisperwolf, Jan 31, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    2. @whisperwolf You're welcome! I look forward to seeing what you end up making.

3. Hello, has anyone tried a pair of the Doll Family-H jointed BB hands on their MYou?

Thanks!

@whisperwolf good eyes! I didn't notice the difference in ball joints <3

4. @gothiclibrarian I would be interested in seeing those jointed hands on a MYou as well! I was so super tempted to buy them when they were on sale, but chickened out.

5. Oooh, when were they on sale?

(BTW Alice's says that if you order the pear body during the spring event and note that you want the extra hands in your comment area of the order box that you will get the ones offered by MYou direct.)

6. @gothiclibrarian I think they were on sale right before Christmas for like $69 plus some extras during an event. So there is hope they will go on sale again.

I ordered my Matcha thru MYou itself, because Alice's didn't put the listing up until the day before the end of the sale. I wanted to be sure I could get her on the regular body instead of the pear. It is hard, though, not having an update with MYou. I am one of those people who obsessively checks my order state when I'm waiting for a doll!

7. Jumping in here! I splurged with my tax return a bit and bought myself a Big Baby. I just love these dolls! So pretty! I'd originally wanted Loretta but Junkyspot was out of her again, so I chose Nianer instead. She is so adorable! She tells me her name is Lotte. I wanted to pick something else but every time I look at her, Lotte pops into my head. So, I guess it's gonna stick. lol

I love her faceup, but wow, can we say shimmer? lol She's wearing a Jpopdolls wig and her dress is actually one of my Kaye Wiggs MSD-size outfits. Since KW MSDs are a little on the larger, bulkier side, I'm thinking loose clothes for them might fit her well. This dress fits her perfectly! I'm going to go through my MSD clothes and figure out what fits her. I also discovered that shoes that fit Kaye Wiggs MSD feet will also fit Big Babies larger feet. I put a pair of Mary Janes on mine and they fit perfectly. I bought them at Jpopdolls. They have a few styles. I also think some of Dollheart's MSD shoes and boots will fit her. They tend to run larger. I'll have to experiment a bit.

Has anyone tried the Luts Baby Delf clothes on their Big Baby yet? I think the sizes are similar. I definitely want to get a few of the Mokushura outfits next time I order from Dollmore, too.

I dunno, Lotte might need a sister in the future. Although now I can't decide between Loretta and Maska. They're both so pretty!

[​IMG]

8. @Stormlight Oh my goodness! Lotte is absolutely adorable! She is going to be one of those girls swiping your credit card to buy things online, if she already is insisting on a name! I have one like that, who told me her name in no uncertain terms, and often forces me to buy extraordinary outfits for her lol!
      Good to know about the clothes and shoes that fit! I should have a Luts outfit coming soon, I'll try it on mine for sure.

So here is a note for anyone buying from JunkySpot from here on out... let them know if you don't want glitter on your face-up! Stromlight is what, the 3rd? or 4th?, who has gotten glitter on the face-up. I know I would have been a little disappointed, since I like a more natural look. Make sure to leave that in the feedback feed for Junkyspot. Its not necessarily a bad thing, just something people should be made aware of when purchasing.

9. Yes definitely mention the glitter. lol I don't mind so much, the shimmer is kind of pretty, but yeah definitely a surprise.

And yes, I went to Etsy and found some of those Disney Animator sized outfits from a seller in Taiwan. Bought three of them for Lotte. LOL. They'll get here in about a month. They're so cute though and not as expensive as Dollmore's or Luts's clothes. She is definitely going to be a demanding little thing. A ginger. She's definitely a ginger. ;)

10. Well I couldn't resist the sale and put a pear body on order from Alice's this morning. Trying to finally get bodies for floating heads.

11. That's awesome @gothiclibrarian! You'll love the quality for such a great price! What head are you matching up?

12. I've got a Marchen Waltz Ceylon whom I have never liked on taller girl bodies, so sort of holding my breath this'll work...

13. That's a beautiful sculpt! I hope she works out!!

14. I hope so! I have been looking for just the 'right' body for years and have tried it on everything but a BB...if this doesn't work nothing will, lol.

Unfortunately I think that Marchen Waltz is one of those companies who has completely disappeared now..

15. I need one of this BB, but I should wait a bit more, so I will be here looking at your dolls!

16. @gothiclibrarian The Doll Family H hands for chubby msd size dolls are on sale again! If someone has tried these on their big baby, let us know!

17. Ooooh, thank you! I emailed Alice's to see if they have any idea if they would fit.

Does anyone have the Doll Family-H jointed hands and could test fit on an MYou?

Pretty please?

:: hopeful ::

There is this image that has some dimensions for Doll Family-H: (wrist 1.8cm wide, 4.6cm total length incl. ball joint)

[​IMG]

The Doll Family-H BB dolls are 38cm tall, btw.

#117 gothiclibrarian, Feb 9, 2017
      Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    18. I did hear back from Alice's.

"Do you mean the new 42cm MYOU 'pear' body? We checked with MYOU with the
      measurements of the jointed hands, they said it should be ok :)

Please feel free to contact us for any question."

Very tempted to try...hmmm...

19. Stormlight, Lotte looks really cute in that outfit! Its great to hear of other clothing options, too.

gothiclibrarian, Those jointed hands are very tempting. I've never tried any for my other dolls, but I sure would like to try them on someone.

20. :daisy Hi everyone! :daisy

I've established a Myou Database, and I would very much like to invite you to post pictures of your gorgeous Big Babies in it. It would be nice to showcase these lovely dolls so more people will become aware of them. The more Myou love the better! :aheartbea (But, no pressure - just wanted to let you know the new database is there if you want to post.)

Here's the link:
      https://denofangels.com/threads/myou-dolls-all-sculpts.736983/

Thank you!