1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Eyes Feedback (2010)

Jul 15, 2010

1. EDIT: This thread was moved here, so I guess I'll try to format it properly now.

Mystic Eyes

* What did you order?
      2 pairs of eyes; 14mm Violet & 16mm Sky Blue

* When did you order?
      July 2009 for the pre-order & from blanki to Mystics directly, the payment was made August 2009.

* How was the communication?
      Through the group order placed by blanki here on DoA, PERFECT. She sent updates through email continuously for one year ensuring no one was out of the loop. The communication from Mystic Eyes to blanki, however, was deceiving. For just about one year, random shipping dates were given just about every month and for one year none of them were held true. The package was received by blanki (and later myself) in July of 2010.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy since it was through a GO here. Paypal including shipping was sent to blanki and she took care of the rest.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Order was placed by blanki August '09 & she receiving the eyes July '10. The first shipping date was meant to be in October '09.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Discluding the defect on one ...a bit too pricey imho, but they're one of a kind really. Best design I've seen in eyes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Basically the same considering computer monitor differences.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      On my 14mm Violet eyes, yes. They're beautiful~
      On my 16mm Sky Blue eyes, no. There is a defect on one of the eyes and a remake/partial refund is underway.
      Observe:
      [​IMG]

-2- -3- -4-

That there is a hair lodged beneath the finishing coat of the eye. Right by the iris~

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      TBA. I will try to update when a result is finalized. As of right now- blanki was able to contact Mystic and, with my example images, get them to remake one eye to replace the defected one. Let's see how long a replace takes~ ^^;

* Would you order from this company again?
      As it stands right now, I would not currently order from them directly. The wait time was insane, and the false shipping dates were misleading for all involved. My only comfort was that I had blanki to do all the talking since it was through the GO here and not directly with Mystic. They really are a great quality eye; my beef is more with the service and the lying behind the shipping dates, I guess.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes, they really can't be faked and this method would certainly cut out the wait time. Probably the best way to go imho unless you absolutely need customs.

2. That sucks, I'm sorry. I'd be mad too. I'm sure those eyes(which are very pretty, by the way) cost a lot and all the money you paid, there should be no flaws.

3. Yeah, you got a hair in your eye. You should contact them either directly or via the person who ran your order, send them pics and tell them you want the eye replaced. Mystic once sent us eyes in the wrong color (or rather we ordered a color, they said that's what they sent us but when we showed them the new eyes next to the previous pair we bought in the same color they had to agree that they did not look right at all), unfortunately it took them another five months to remake and send them but we did get what we ordered in the end. More or less. Sort of. Okay one eye was a shade lighter than the other but we decided that was still closer than what we got the first time.

At this point I don't expect perfection from any eye maker as I've had every single one of them mess up a pair of eyes at some point. Okay, I haven't had any problems with Gumdrops but I know other people have.

Contact them and see what they say. Good luck!

4. Wow, I'd be pretty miffed if I got an eye with a hair in it! Though if you put the eyes in with that side toward the top, the lids will probably cover the area with the hair.

5. That sounds kinda gross. Funny, but gross. My first question would be how it got there.

"I got a hair in my my eye!" (holds up eye to unsuspecting passerby)

And you waited a whole YEAR for these eyes. I'm surprised you didn't cancel your order, because if it had been me, I'd probably cancel a month into it. But I don't know what the normal wait for a pre-ordered item is.

And if the hair was somewhere else on the eye, like higher up, or in the back, you could still hide it possibly with putty or something, but it's a shame that there's no way you can hide it.

6. @BirdyRaven - I assumed that the wait was to ensure the best possible quality >>; and of course mistakes happen, but - after a year? really?

@idrisfynn - I'll probably reply to one of the GO updates inquiring about it through email... but nuts. I hate the thought of dragging blanki into being a middle-man again ^^; Is it even possible to contact them directly? I thought it was all done through her/her webbie?
      This pair is what I reeeally wanted in the order, but it wasn't the only pair I bought. The others came out perfectly ^^ These!

@skwerlie - I luckily got them especially for a tender-eyed doll, so it is possible to strategically place them. However, hair-in-the-eye is like~ a pencil line in your sketch that just won't fully erase. You know it's there D: and expensive eyes really shouldn't arrive with hairs locked into them.

@writerm - XDD lol. Well! Actually, that was my first reaction: "Where did this hair come from? o_O" ...if you really wanna know...on that "gross" note... I think it's a knucklehair =w=; makes good sense considering it's not terribly coarse and it's probably been pulled out while they were doing something ... perhaps while coating it.
      and yes... it HAD to be right be the iris where it counts 9.9; even if I ever wanted to sell them, who'd want hairy-eye that MAY be hidden if you've got the right kind of mold?...not many I'd imagine xD I definitely like them- just- ... yeah. I want non-hairy-eye ty. If I can find a way to do this peacefully, that would be great~

7. Ah, blanki was the middleman through our eye drama too, that's part of doing business on her end though. Contact her and have her pass the pictures along.

Mystic has a separate website of their own but since you'd ordered through blanki I'd go through her first. She can deal with the language barrier.

Here is the Mystic site:

http://dollyst.com/

8. Oh it definitely stinks to have something cost that much and take that long to arrive defective... but if it's too difficult to get it fixed by the company (I wouldn't want to wait another year, personally) then at least they're still usable! I wonder if you could ask for a partial refund instead of a replacement?

9. @idrisfynn - Since you've been through this, does this mean I need to play shipping tag? :/ aka send them back and we will replace them? I'm kinda scared that I'll never see them again at this rate. I know the one year thing was really unusual in the first place. Some of the people in my order were waiting even BEFORE that...from the previous order o_@ I'll try it through blanki then~ ty! I was worried about the language barrier thing xD

@skwerlie - It's true. My main reason for hesitation is that I won't ever get these eyes back again. I know it's kinda silly to think Mystics would just go "poof", but~ no one anticipated waiting a year either. Who is to say they won't just stop?
      edit: hmmm~ partial refund is a good option >.> .... I won't need to return anything ...

10. In our situation we sent pics via blanki and after many months they sent new eyes, they never asked for the bad eyes back. We did write to blanki every other month asking for updates, I don't know how much longer it would have taken otherwise.

11. I sent blanki all the images I could... including one which kinda shows that the hair isn't just sitting on the top of the eye:
      [​IMG]

That was the best I got showing the glare of light reflecting off the bump where the hair is.