1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Kids 1/6 discussion

Nov 3, 2013

1. I have Cris and a Nelly, and they are both adorable. But, the hands are making me kind of crazy! I guess I am not fond of the "mitten" look. :ablah:

Has anyone had any success replacing the Mystic Kids hands with another company's hands?

2. I just ordered my mystic kid yesterday from alice collections. I chose the julien head with faceup and the girl body. Not sure how long shipping will be. While waiting i was hoping to find a name for her and make clothes but i havent found any patterns for her size. Can anyone help with that or share? Im a first time bjd mommy.

3. Yes, another Julien owner! My little one fits most YoSD clothes, so if you search for any patterns that are for YoSD you should be right. There's some cute ones on Etsy, though make sure they say YoSD not Littlefee, 'cause Littlefees are a smaller YoSD and the pattern may be a tad too small.

Edit - I just remembered that this Etsy store has a bunch of cute dresses and patterns that should fit your girl

4. is your Julien a boy or girl?

5. My little one is a boy with the default faceup, but the Julien sculpt looks pretty as a girl too. This is an old pic of him when I was trying to decide if I wanted him to have short hair or use this long wig for him.
      [​IMG]

6. oh my gosh hes so adorable!!!!! I'm looking for patterns out the wazoo. my dad is buying her I'm 26 and I knew I didn't have money for the hobby but I couldn't resist her. so handmade it is. although I'm screwed on shoes.

7. Hee hee, thank you. I've had this little one for a couple years now <3 I've seen some patterns for shoes on etsy as well, and some shops have some cute ones that aren't too expensive. eBay could be worth a look too.

8. I spend $10 usd on myself making it hard to justify that to myself for my little girl. ha ha

9. Sylph, your little Julien is adorable! I love his little outfit!

HunnyBunny, congrats on your first doll! The Julien sculpt will make a cute girl. I have a Cris I made into a girl. That sculpt is just perfect for a girl character I had in mind.

About shoes, I agree with Sylph, Ebay has some great deals on tiny shoes. I buy a lot of YOSD-sized shoes from Mimiwoo on Ebay, and she has very reasonable prices, and sometimes even has sales.

#189 Rabbit-moon, Aug 27, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    10. oh I love mimiwoo. she delivers quickly too and I ordered a pair of shoes from her for a friends doll that fit perfectly. I guess its just hard buying online cause I cant examine them. I may just go to ebay and search lowest price + shipping and stay on the first page. itll do for now until I accept I have to spend more. thank you!

11. Yay my julien girl is being shipped as of this morning. Exactly a month later. Does anyone know what the actual time it takes from china to usa is using ems?

12. Just wondering HunnyBunny, did your Julien arrive yet? Would love to see a picture of her.

13. Yes she did arrive but i dont know how to upload pictures in the posts.

14. She is my avatar!

15. Congrats on getting her! She's very cute!

About posting pictures, I copied this from the Frequently Asked Question Thread. Maybe this will help.

"Den of Angels does not host images, so you are not able to upload an image with your post. You will need to post the images to an external account like Flickr, Photobucket or your own website.

Once you've uploaded your photos, copy the URL of your image. The URL should end in jpg, gif or png. Some sites, like Etsy and Facebook, may have image URLS that will not work on DoA.

In the editing box on DoA, click the image icon: [​IMG]

Paste in your image URL and click Insert.
      "

16. Thank you so much! So far ive made her wig and all her clothes making my own patterns. Was hoping i get on the adopt a newbie train but i wasnt matched. Currently working on a blonde wig. It looks nice so far.and thanks for the info. Ill do that tomorrow.

17. Wow! For a newbie you certainly sound like you've accomplished a lot for your new girl! I've never even dreamed of attempting to make a wig, and I don't know how to sew, much less make a pattern! You go girl! :cheer Your Julien is a very lucky girl!

18. I didnt know the first thing about patterns 2 weeks ago but i get determined and research. The wig is yarn and fabric i found it on youtube. Also learned a few trucks with the sewing machine and smallmouth clothes. I would have been happily if all i got was scrap fabric and old tshirts. So the fabric doesn't change much but the style does.

19. Thought I'd share a little drive by spam of my Mystic Kids tinies: Nelly (Cordelia) and Cris girl (Willow).

[​IMG]

And, I finally got new hands for them! I found Doll Love hands for sale on Ebay, and bought two pair immediately. The resin match is not perfect; the Mystic Kids are a tad bit pinker, but it's close enough for me, and I'm ecstatically happy with the exchange. Yay! New hands! :dance

[​IMG]

20. They are both just too cute @Rabbit-moon ! And those new hands look great too, tbh I'm not fond of the mitten hands that MK has going on either :T I'm a bad dolly mom lol, I keep meaning to track down some new ones but haven't had the time/money >.<