1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Kids 1/6 discussion

Nov 3, 2013

1. Thank you Sylph!

I hate to say it, but I hated the "mitten" hands on these dolls so much. I'm one of those people who has a thing about hands and I have even avoided lovely dolls when the hands were poorly sculpted. So, I was definitely on a mission to find my girls new hands.

Sadly, there's not much out there, but the Doll Love hands were a lucky find. And, I'm so happy they worked out.

As I said before, the Doll Love hands are a paler pink than Mystic Kids' pink, but I can live with that. Actually, it's even less noticeable to the naked eye. My Cris girl is about a year old and her pink skin has mellowed a bit, so the hands match her really well. Nelly is new, so she's still very pink. I'm hoping as she mellows, the hands will match better.

Here's Cordelia showing off her new hands. (She's such a drama queen!)

[​IMG]

2. :bump. Would love to see some pictures of other MK tinies! :aheartbea

Here's another happy picture of MK Nelly (Cordelia) and Cris (Willow).

As you can see, Cordelia is very prissy and lady-like; while Willow is a loveable little nerd. (Nerds rule! 8-))

[​IMG]

#202 Rabbit-moon, Oct 23, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    3. She looks nice with blue eyes

4. Does any one else have the Mytsic Kids Chris? I love my boy, but his eyes are weird! The eye wells are shaped funny, so when I move his eyes to the side, there is a lot of gapping! Do you know how to fix this?

5. I don't have a Mystic Kids doll, unfortunately, but I have to ask: are you sure it's the eyewells and not the eyes themselves causing the gapping? High domed eyes will likely cause gapping when they're moved side to side because the irises stick up too much to fit comfortably under the eyelid.

This could be totally wrong, but I thought I'd ask just in case! :3nodding:

6. Honestly, I don't know! I always assumed it way the eye wells as I've had more than one pair of eyes in him, but they both might be high-domed!

7. I'd check that just in case! I've been having some trouble with high domes in one of my guys with shallow eyewells, so it's on my mind. :XD: If it is the eyes, the irises of most acrylics and urethanes are flush with the sclera; it's usually just glass that have high domes (and some urethanes). I doubt the eyewells are actually messed up in any way, you probably just have to find the right kind of eyes to fit your guy's eyewell shape. :3nodding:

8. A lot of people recommend silicone or 'soft glass' eyes for dolls with gapping issues. Apparently the eyes are slightly squishy so they will mold into the eye shape better.

9. Thank you! His eyes are glass so that may be the problem!

I've never heard to soft eyes before! I'll definitely be checking it out!

#209 the_sleepwalkers_, Oct 6, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
    10. My Julian arrived a few days so and she's lovely but I have a question for all of you fellow Mystic Kids owners. When I went to put her head on, the resin is so soft that the s hook put multiple dents all around the top of the neck. I have dolls from two other companies and I haven't had this experience before so I'm wondering if MK resin is just much softer than other companies or if I got a bad batch perhaps and should bring this issue to their attention. Here's a photo from her first photoshoot btw!
      [​IMG]

11. Does anyone here have a Cavell? I have him, but currently don't have any male clothing and he won't let me put dresses on him, so I'd love to see some other pictures of him. I haven't had my boy long and he's currently my only male bjd. I'm thinking about naming him either Angus or Hamish. ^^

12. Sorry for double posting but it's been a while since anyone else posted here and I just wanted to show off my little Cavell named Angus. Eventually he'll get a shorter wig and blushing on his feet to look like dirt. He has a company faceup but I removed the eyelashes.
      [​IMG]

13. Wow! Cap'n, your Cavell is so cute! I had no idea that sculpt was so cute! :fangirl:

Congrats on getting him! :thumbup

14. What clothes fit these dolls best??

15. These dolls are 1/6 or YoSD sized. Most YoSD clothing should fir them. Sometimes YoSD are labeled as "slim" and my MK 1/6 has fit all of the clothes I bought him. ^^

16. He's really cute! <3 Love his little overalls.

I have a Cavell too, whose name is now Ben. I just love the little guy. As cute as his company face-up is, I wanted more of a shy little boy look for him. His new face-up was done by Jay Searle and she really captured the look I was hoping for.

So here is Ben, dressed in his pyjamas and snuggled up with his teddy bear.
      [​IMG]Ben and his teddy relaxing by Donna, on Flickr

17. Rosehollow, your Cavell is darling! He looks so sweet in his jammies and little stuffed bear! :fangirl:

Wow! All these super cute Cavells are making me want one!

Thanks for sharing!

18. Thank you for the lovely comment! <3

That's what happened to me after seeing an adorable photo of Cavell in the Gallery, I couldn't resist that little face. My advice... give in and get one too:3nodding:, you'll love the little guy!

19. She is so cute!!! Her sweet little smile and rosy cheeks are adorable and I love how you have styled her :love
      The only trouble is that now I want her too!

Cavell is my only Mystic Kid and his resin was fine, no dents around the top of his neck despite his being VERY tightly strung (it actually took two of us to get his head back on).

20. Here are a few pictures of my Charlie from the past few years. Charlie is the sturdiest bjd I have ever owned, and I think she poses just amazingly.

[​IMG]