1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mythdoll Mini discussion

Feb 22, 2006

1. Ami I have a MSN, Unoa and Leroi dolls. He can share clothes with Unoa perfectly, MSD and Doc are too big and short for him... I believe that we already talked about of that at msn... or maybe wasnt you? ^^;

2. Here is my nightmare.

When restringing my Leroi, his head is all wobbly. Like really, really wobbly. Almost like a bobble head. I thought that perhaps install an S-hook like implement in his head would have fixed that, but no cigar. I've tried to follow Wolfie's tutorial on how to restring a Leroi but I am completely lost as to how to get the sculpey piece that she shows to fit properly on a Leroi.

Anyone's help would be nice. If possible, I'm willing to pay someone to mod him so he makes sense when restringing.

<3,
      Freya

3. I don'y know if this will help, but since my Yue doesn't have that problem... I used a washer and a ring when I restrung my Mythdoll. I didn't bother removing the bridge, I just put the washer on top of the bridge, and strung the elastic through a ring (like the ring on a keychain). I can provide photographs, if you want?

4. That would be fantastic. How did you get around the bridge though? I tried stringing it through one side but then his head was all wobbly.

5. I was wondering what difference there was between them, since all three look the same except for Leroi Snow, and Leroi Twin is $180 while Little Leroi is $150. Yay for run-on sentences XD Also, I've seen both 6-7 and 7-8 wigs on them, but I was wondering which size and/or company's fit Leroi best? Shoes, too! What shoes? x_x good grief...

6. The difference is the Skin color, they are all the same mold. I think mythdoll was saying that the whiter resins was more expensive than the normal skin resin. Thats the reason the Leroi Twin & Snow are cost more. I don't know on the shoe size and etc. I have heard luts Mini Fee boy clothes fit Leroi though.

7. All the leroi's are angels which means they aren't either sex. They are flat chested and don't have any privates. They are neither girl nor boy. You can find nude pictures on the site I think. Disregard the color of the leroi's skin in pics, instead look for them on DOA because the pictures of Lerois on the site are all of Normal Skin dolls. Leroi's are also different skin tones Little leroi is normal skin, Leroi Twin is Pale Skin and Leroi Snow is White Skin and is truely paper white from what I have seen.

Yue is a girl and has (big?for msd) breasts and I assume a girls privates. Yue is also Normal skin.

8. The difference between the leroi's is skin color, price and clothes they come with if you get them full set.

I emailed mythdoll because I really liked Leroi twins dress but wanted a Leroi Snow. They said they will sell a leroi doll full set for around 250.00 + shipping (I think) and individual clothes wigs for different prices. That might have changed however I never ordered mine :-( because of the bad customer service problems they were having.

I think teen trends and Friends to be made clothes fit them also.

You should search the forums for mythdoll, leroi and Yue for more info.

9. I put an s-hook in Requiem's head...but it's sideways to each side has a knot in it. It rests on the bridge. (I'd love to remove it so I wouldn't have to thread his head on first though...) I also used some paperclips (I love wire cutters and jewlery pliers) so make him hooks for his hands and feet, so he's strung more like a "normal" doll.

10. Allright, photos!

[​IMG]

The inside of the head. As you can see, I threaded the elastic through a keychain (spiral, so I can get it off by working it through the ring) and then a washer (The elastic is black because I could only find black and fluro orange replacement elastic ^^;)

[​IMG]
      Streatched out. The elastic is folded through the ring and threaded with one loop on either side of the bridge. The arms aren't up in the head at all, they're tied in the body like every other doll I have ^^;

I hope that helos a little.

11. actually how do you restring leroi? my friend took on look inside charlie and was stund he didnt know what to do or where to start? theres a thingy in side his tummy?

12. It's pretty unnerving. I'd start by getting some more elastic - if your mythdoll is anything like mine, the elastic won't survive the unstringing.

Mythdolls are strung in the most annoying way - the arms are tied into the head, the strings are threaded through the arms and feet (which is nearly impossible to duplicate), the string is very thin and hard to find, and generally they're a pain. They also have a separate tummy-section, that plugs into the lower body piece. It should clip in, but it doesn't stay. I reccommend you glue that in if you do unstring your Mythdoll, as I found the rattling personally to be a little annoying.

If you plan to re-string, I'd either get some small hooks for the hands and feet (They need to be very small, as the hole in the leg is tiny) or take a leaf out of DoD's book and use string to tie the hands to the elastic. That's what I did with some embroidery thread. To restring the hands, I undid the knot in the head attatched to the elastic in the arms, and then created a ring of elastic that went roughly half way to two-thirds donw each arm without streatching, and then I strung like normal, tying the hands to the elastic.

For the body, I created a loop of elastic that went from the head to about 2/3 down each leg or so without streatching (so the loops went from one leg up to the head, where the knot was, and then down the other leg again). I then strung the body to put half the elastic down one side of the shelf, and the othe half down the other shelf, so I had two loops. I then strung as normal, tying the feet on to the elastic.

I hope that helps a little. The head is an absolute mess, but if you can get everything apart and re-string, you can make things much neater.

13. Ive looked around and i really cant find a difinitave source on this, would the mythdoll yue body be classified as a slim MSD, or just a "standard"(?) MSD size, My poor hybrid has nothing to wear and i would love to know what i'm shoping for....

14. Slim MSD definately.

15. Lets revive the thread Here's a picture of my Leroi snow

[​IMG]

16. I have a Mythdoll Yue and when I restrung her, I did it as you would do most any other doll. And as for the thing in her tummy, I oped out of it.
      And as her string just BROKE, I had to fix her, so topical.
      I don't remember what the tummy piece did, I just string from her head, down to her feet, back up, over the crotch to the other foot, and back up to the head. Only 2 sets of strings come up through the head. Legs and arms. And then I just braid them together and they fit nicely in her head.