1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mythdoll Mini discussion

Feb 22, 2006

1. My Leroi's resin is flaw-free, except for a tiny spot on 1 finger, and I'm 99.9% sure it will come out with a light sanding. His resin is shiny, and I haven't coated him yet, so I can't say how he'll look once he's been blushed. In spite of the language barrier, Leroi is very nice to deal with, and I don't think the turnaround time on the doll was bad at all.

The shipping thing is a pain, and I actually sent too much, and Leroi refunded some back to me, which I thought was really nice. I'm sure that eventually he'll have a better shipping system.

I'm really pleased with my Gabriel. He poses wonderfully, and he has a really sweet sculpt. He just went off today to have his face-up done, and I'll be blushing his body while he's away. After he's back together, I'll post a lot of detailed photos.

2. :oops: Hi all!

So, I'm thinking of gettin a Leroi (I really want a Zeber, too, but one step at a time...). Thing is, my plan will require a certain amount of customisation that will require me to take the little darling apart... and then re-string him... :aeyepop:

So, how easy is it to re-string a Leroi? Anyone happen to have a tutorial about it, yet? :atremblin

3. I don't have a tutorial (still having problems taking pictures of my lil'boy) but as brand new owner. Never seen a doll IRL, never touched one, etc. I must say stringing was not incredibly hard. Now, I doubt I have the tension right, but I was able to unstring and re-string him easily.

Basically, he consists of 2 elastic strings, one goes in the chest and through the arms (originally went up into his head but that made for just a crowded head so I left the knot in the chest); the other goes from his head, through the chest and down into each leg before going back to the head. I strung him and had lots of unneeded elestic left over (this could be a tension problem for me) so I just tied it into a series of knots so I wouldn't have to cut it. He doesn't have any S-hooks so the elastic goes through his feet and he must be unstrung completely in order to change hands/feet. I think you could do it! I did. =D

4. Cool! Thanks for the reassurance!

5. Does anyone have the Mythdoll Leroi measurements?

6. Height: 42 cm :: 16 1/2 in
      Head: 17.1 cm :: 6 3/4 in
      Neck: 7 cm :: 2 3/4 in
      Shoulders: 10 cm :: 3 7/8 in
      Chest: 17.7 cm :: 7 in
      Waist: 15 cm :: 5 7/8 in
      Hips: 18.5 cm :: 7 1/4 in
      Waist to crotch: 7 cm :: 2 3/4 in
      Shoulders to waist: 7.5 cm :: 3 in
      Arm length: 12 cm :: 4 3/4 in
      Arm girth: 5.8 cm :: 2 1/4 in
      Wrist: 5.8 cm :: 2 1/4 in
      Leg Length: 26 cm :: 7 1/2 in
      Thigh: 10.5 cm :: 4 1/8 in
      Ankle: 6.5 cm :: 2 5/8 in
      Foot Length: 5.5 cm :: 2 1/8 in

Leroi gave these to me.
      I'm not sure if it's 100% correct.

7. My sister owns a Leroi, and we were surprised by how nice his quality is! We both agree that he's about on par with the Korean BJD's on the market that we've owned. His resin is nice and he's average weight, and he poses wonderfully (he even does that "cute" sitting pose) The way he comes strung is a pain, but since we had to unstring him to get his head off anyway we just restrung him the "right" way. ^_^

8. I own a Leori and I love him very much! ^^ Weight wise he's a little lighter then my DoD boy but that might be because he's a hair shorter and thinner. The only complaint I've had is that he's a little shiny, but that was gotten rid of quickly with a magic rub eraser.

9. thank you so much everyone! ^^
      now, is the headcap magnetic or is it the kind that you have to restring in order to get it off?

and does it come with the faceup?

sorry ><

10. The headcap isn't magnetic and Leroi will come without the make up ^^
      (i once owned the first lot of Leroi, hope it's not different)

11. *nods*

His headcap snaps on with little notches and squares, and depending on the day.... needs tape to stay on. It fits beauifully and he looks great bald, you hardly notice the line between peices at all.

He does not come slealed, sanded or face-uped.

12. Head cap: it's great how it comes off (and stays on) since mine is still just in pieces.

Hands: They are so big ^_^; very much like DoD with the small head and big hands, they'll need a bit of sperating, but they are decent enough, palm details and such, but the top looks a tad rough to me, there are four hands in total to. I can take picture if anyone wants, but two of the four now have claws moded on ^_^;

resin quality: I had no air bubbles and things, the on the upper thy had a mare or two, but that my have been from the casting or me >_> I'm sure if it really bothered me enough I could e-mail Leroi about it. It is still a sturdy resin (the head has been dropped.. a few times >_>)

posing: seems pretty good- comparable to a well strung AR. there are some interesting joint things, that I can wait to try out once I get him back together.

overall: decent scuclpt, seems to be a fine resin. I'm sure it isn't the high quality of some, but- it's not bad. the leroi's are ceartainly, in my mind, good modding and things.

that was a long blather ^_^; hope it helped some

13. I spent quite a long time handling my little Leroi before I sold him. I modified his face and gave him a full body sanding. In comparison to other resins, he does feel a bit lighter and a bit more 'plastic', if that makes sense. I wouldn't say he's BAD quality, he is a fantastic poser and very well thought-out. Mine was #21 and had no flaws or air bubbles.

14. the leroi you order comes with the stuff in it's picture, I think. (normal skin has short blonde, twin has a curly blonde wig etc)

but the doll it's self is asexual, so it's jsut how you dress them and paint them :D

*dances for luffs for Lerois

15. Thankyou so much. My mother has always wanted a girl, this will be a good thing for her to hear!

16. Ahhhh... Hearing all of this makes me so happy that my Leroi is on the way!! ^_^

And actually Bird of Hermes, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you post a picture or two of the hands?

17. Now I am interested in Leroi!:ablink: There appears to be many postives about this MSD. Go for it!

18. Hands, the two on the right had the "claws" carved and a bit of paint stck on them ^_^;
      each column is a different hand, 4 in total
      [​IMG]

19. For everyone who's got one - how much did you pay for shipping? I tried their estimator, but it doesn't work - and their link to the dhl website told me $80 for shipping! (!!!). How did you do it? Thank you so much! ^_^

20. I used EMS and it was normal for an msd - 40.