1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mythdoll Mini discussion

Feb 22, 2006

1. Leroi takes Unoa/Sharmin sized wigs (6-7)

Eppie

2. 6-7 is Luts Cutie-Delf size as well. But itwill be hard to find them on Leekeworld, which has the widest range of wigs, as they only do Leeke Tiny, SD and MSD sizes there.

IM considering getting a Mythdoll for my sister-from pics Ive seen he's very sweet and poses very well, so Im sure she will love him. But Im going to have to source all her wigs, clothes etc as she doesnt have the Internet.

3. Not so. Leroi takes the DollLeeke size. My Illya has several now.. more will come no doubt. You might need to put the wig on over a rubber band but you might not. I have ones that are ok without and ones that need it.

4. Edward is the normal skin Little Leroi.
      (Keep in mind that I did modifications to my Leroi's face, so don't use my photos to judge facial features!)

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42661
      There are more links to owner pics in this thread, most start on page 12. I know some people have received Leroi snow.

5. I agree with that , if anything LEROI has a smaller (slightly ) head than and my Unoa so the Leeke wigs are a lovely size
      also CanCans wigs fit beautiful

My Willow can wear 14mm eyes ...but she is just as happy with 16mm ...and they were the perfect colour for me
      my girls face is slightly Modded , sanded her chin and nose a little ..
      both these wigs fit my Leeke

6. Yay for Mythdoll!!

When my Little Leroi came about two weeks ago, he wasn't as shiny as some of the other new Lerois I've seen. I think Mythdoll has fixed the problem on their own, so you don't need to worry about that. Anyway, he really does pose beautifully, once you get past his terrible company stringing! >_<

Jonny: Bring it on, Al! BRING IT ON!!

7. Congratulations on ordering your Leroi. :) I bought one for parts I am ashamed to say, but I can honestly say that it's a great doll.

Reasons why Mythdoll is cheaper than other manufacturers:

1) The resin is just a little bit lighter and smoother
      2) Mythdoll doesn't use S-hooks - instead, the head, hand and foot molds have loops for the string to go through. This makes restringing a bit complicated, but does not affect poseability at all.
      3) They come without a special box, and just one cushion (which is totally fine, just pointing out where they're saving money)

That's pretty much it - the mold is clean and very pretty, and the headcap closes with a snap-mechanism rather than the S-hook, which makes it easier to change eyes.

My Leroi's Twin came with eyes and extra hands. If you ordered the Leroi Snow, it will definitely come with the outfit and wig that's in the pictures, and I'm guessing you'll get eyes too since I got them. Mine were a very attractive pinkish color, and Kotoko has promptly stole them. ;)

8. Yeah, my boy Jonny came before Leroi sent me the email notification for shipping, and I ended up not having to pay it at all! It's pretty cool.

The only big flaw I can see in my doll is that Jonny's seams are very noticeable. And you can feel them.. But a sanding job should take care of the problem. So it's not a huge deal.

9. I'll probably still send money because I would feel so guilty at not paying for it! :sorry

But I'm so excited I thought about him all day at work. Kazutaka's going to be jealous. XD

10. Heh heh.. Here's the link for the photostory of the strip chess..
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61652

As for the shipping cost issue, I don't intend to pay them for the shipping. Mostly because the way I look at it, it was either their mistake, or they're just really trusting.. Either way as long as they don't make me, I'm not paying it.

11. I have some questions about Leroi Snow. Right now I'm seriously considering buying him, because I've liked him longer than most dolls and don't want to impulse buy ^^;; Soooooooo, I've heard he comes unsanded and if so how much sanding would need to be done on him. Also, does he have trouble moving his head and joints? Lastley for now, does his color of resin contrast a lot compared to other dolls.

thanks for all your help, I would love it if you could post pictures also :)

12. When I ordered from Mythdoll, I also sent shipping payment on the same day ($40 for USA). I also sent an email later that night to change my order to snow skin.

I sent a few emails during that time to make sure that Mythdoll recieved my payments and the change in order. There wasn't any reply, but my leroi snow was shipped within the two weeks.

So, I'm assuming that Mythdoll does read emails but aren't answering some to save time. They are a small company, but have been reputable so far.

I don't think you will have any worries and you should go ahead and order.

Just make sure to include the paypal transaction number of your payment for the doll when you pay for shipping (which will be a seperate payment). That way they don't have to search through their emails and match up on who paid for shipping or not.

To answer your questions:
      I've posted a picture of my little leroi snow in the Mythdoll database on DOA.

Mythdoll snow resin is EXTREMELY white. Whiter than my FCS white, and luts. I called mine "little ghost" since he/she looked like a little ghostly waif before getting his/her face paint.

Leroi snow came with clothes and was strung very well. To restring, forceps will help a lot! The seams didn't take me too long to sand. The gate seams were roughly sanded off by Mythdoll. I took a higher grade sand paper to smooth out that area. The seams on the thighs and legs will take a while, but the rest aren't bad at all. My leroi snow's seams weren't jagged and were pretty straight-- sanding straight seams gives a cleaner finish. (I hope I'm making sense... :sweat)

There were no defects in the resin (lint or pits) and the resin is not translucent but is still comparable to other comanies. If you need advice on sanding or restringing you can PM me (^_^).

Mythdoll little leroi is very easy to pose, and can stand on one foot (like the pictures)! The head is easy to move and keeps its pose. Little leroi's head can look up down and tilt to the side.

Hope this helps! :cake:

13. Well, I am dying to get me a mythdoll. More specifically, one of the dolls under the 1/4 category, and then under Angel.

My friend tells me that Leroi Snow is a boy... >.> Silly me I just thought that because the picture of the doll is him a dress that it must be a girl.

So... if anyone has one of these dolls, can you tell me? What are the genders of Leroi Snow, Leroi's Twin, and Little Leroi? The site doesn't actually specify, and Little Leroi just looks ambiguous in the pictures...

Or do you think that they are meant to just be either way?

Thanks so much for your help! I am really dying to get one ASAP!

14. None of the Angels have genitals. They are all androgynous with no defined parts, so they could really be whatever you want them to be ^_^

15. Thanks so much! ^,^ That may be cool... I can have it be a boy one minute... and a girl the next! XD;

Do you know the difference between Leroi Snow/Leroi's Twin and Little Leroi? >.> Are the faces different, or is it just what clothes/makeup they come with?

16. the faces is the same, just skin different^^
      Leroi Snow is white skin,Little Leroi is normal skin ,and Leroi's Twin is pure skin (between white and normal)~

17. Yeah, Little Leroi and Leroi's twin are exactly the same, only Leroi's twin comes with a dress and Leroi come with frilly little shorts. XD

18. I just last week got my Leroi's twin, but was also shipped in error a Leroi Snow (since sent on).
      I opened the Snow box first, strictly coincidence, and got quite the male vibe.
      My 'twin' is quite definately female, and not just because of the fluffy clothes & wig. Eugenie Regina Laetitia Smith. My previous arrival still isn't named, and this one has such a mouthful. :o

Anyway, I could definately see either gender there. Perhaps Gen will switch now and again.

Ann in CT

19. This is correct.
      I was accidently shipped a Leroi Snow along with my Leroi's twin, and each came with the outfit as depicted on the site, and the wig.
      Twin has a fluffy curly blond wig and a fluffy ruffly white dress with pink functional lacing.
      The Snow came with a smoother wig and a pink skirt/white shirt outfit as depicted. It has since been shipped to its proper destination.

Ann in CT

20. I think Leroi looks better in person than on the website ^.^' The mythdoll faceup doesn't look very good to me. Oh, also L. Leroi is so much whiter in person than I thought he would be! He makes my normal skin Yder look tan. I have to wonder just how white Leroi twin and Leroi snow are O_O