1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mythdoll Mini discussion

Feb 22, 2006

1. Mostly likely. Though the last time I stopped by Toys 'R' Us I didn't see any.. Though they may have them at Target or something.

2. Thanks chopsart! I'll go and check those threads out :D

3. I have Hopscotch Hill clothes on mine right now that fit pretty well. Mind you, HH is discontinued but you may find stuff on eBay.

Teen Trends I haven't tried yet but I have a buch of TT clothes for my BF Xiao that *mostly* fit (shoes don't though). Teen Trends is a 16" or 17" jointed doll made by Mattel that you should be able to find in Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and probably a variety of other toys stores (like Kaybee perhaps, we don't have any here in Canada so I don't know). These will also be found on eBay. The clothes sets retail for something like $12US I believe (they were $15CDN at my Wal-Mart), so don't pay for much more than that. I know a couple sellers on eBay were selling some clothes (especially Friends 2B Made) for exorbitant prices a while back.

Dunno if that was helpful or not...

LM

4. does anyone know what eye size to get for them?

5. 14mm or 13mm in Masterpiece soft, 16mm will fit but are large.

6. Erm, I have recived a doll(mythdoll leroi) for commision today and I have totally no idea how her head can be removed. The head is like tied to the body via something molded in the inside of her head.(its not movable)
      Is there an easy way to remove her head? o___o"

I hope I won't need to restring her totally after noting that her hands and legs are not hooked in anyway (very much like the hound ones) And that there are 2 elastics used to string her looking at the knots... Its seems like a pretty alien stringing system to me... I do know how to restring most dolls, but if I am to string back in this exact same way I am having some problems o_o"

(her owner have no idea either thus she passed the whole doll here D: )

Thanks in advance

7. Mythdolls all need restringing. They are literally strung like a "W" with the ends tied in the hands and that's it -_- I had to do a lot of work on my sister's boy Jonny to get him to a reasonably easy-to-remove-head system--including putting clasps on jump rings into his wrists and ankles and making a special sculpy piece for the inside of his head. If you want to try that I can get some pictures of the piece I made to hold his head on easy....

8. Thanks wolfie
      it will be great to show what you did to make the head easier to remove. If any permanent changes will be needed I guess I would have to consult her owner first x__x"""

9. It doesn't involve any permanent changes to the doll itself--what I did was make a new piece to add in (not attached, just placed carefully) that takes the place of the S-hook or resin piece that Mythdolls lack. Because of the solid piece running across the neck hole, an S-hook is unusuable and what I did was made my own replacement add-in from Super Sculpy. It's a bit tough to explain, but if you PM me so I don't forget I'll gladly get some shots for you tomorrow (Since he's not my doll, I have to at least wait until his owner is awake to get my hands on him for pictures ^^)

10. HI!!!

I've decidied to make something really mad!!! I'm going to buy a Mythdoll... I like the way in which little Leroi stands (I love the cute sitting!!!) But i really love the face of the Leroi snow...

My question is... do you know if the Leroi snow has the same kind of body than the little leroi?

Thanks!!

11. I don't own any of those dolls, but from what it looks like to me, all 3 angels have same body and same face.

Leroi Snow is white skin (much paler than pictured), Twin Leroi is normal skin and Little Leroi is unassembled kit (you'll have to put all the parts together yourself). You can probably request skin color for Little Leroi, but it doesn't say so on the site...

None of them come with make-up or eyes, just so you know.

12. Leroi Snow's head is different.. but it's hard to tell because 90% of them are modded. The head has a longer nose and a mouth that is very pouty!

13. If you do a search for leroi or mythdoll you'll actually get a good deal of information. The sum of it all seems to be:
      Great posing and balance
      Good resin, though it comes a bit shiny, and used to have small air bubbles in hands, (this seems to be fixed now.)
      Leroi Snow is seriously white. Not pale, but like, no pigment.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69114&highlight=mythdoll+leroi+snow
      The other lerois are the same doll with different skin tones and clothing. Mm..and the Lerois are all genderless.
      From what it seems, the vast majority of Leroi owners love them to death, and are very pleased with the quality, though the arrival time for them is more like 5 weeks than the 2 said on the site.
      I'm getting one soon, too:) Good luck on yours, and I hope I helped some!

14. Mine came in 3 weeks. And didn't have any air bubbles. Mythdolls pose wonderfully.... they can even easily stand on one foot without much trouble. You'll need to seperate the fingers to make them look right, and the seamlines are a pain, but it's very worth it. They do come shiny, but it'll come off with some baby wipes. THEY DO NOT COME WITH EYES OR MAKEUP! Someone on here bought one, and didn't know this and then had a little hissy fit. I recommend Kemperdolls.com for the eyes, the flatbacks in 14mm and 16 mm work great. The 16mm doesn't show much of the white of the eyes. The wig size is 6-7, which isn't very easy to find on alot of BJD sites, but not hard to find. (Kemperdolls also has wigs. The mohair wigs are super soft and look cute.) The doll come with velcro on the top of the head, but I also put velcro on the bottom too, and glued some on the inside of the default wig. This keeps the wig on really well. I hotglued the velcro onto my head with no damage.

Remember to add the shipping onto what you send them through Paypal! They don't mention it that clearly. US shipping is about 40 bucks. Not adding that on right away makes the order take much longer, because you didn't completly pay.

Good luck, it's an awesome doll.

Here's a few photos of mine :
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79804

15. Except that DoD (child) dolls wear that size,
      Cutie Delf on Luts,
      Leekeworld little dolls,
      Poshdolls MSD wigs with the very useful elastic edges (eBay for me),
      Volks SDC (the girls at least take 6/7; I haven't played enough with wigs on Miko :love yet)
      I believe JPop actually says what size their wigs are (eBay again).
      Oh, and CH Petite Ai.

You can look for the doll names in descriptions of the selling sites, which is why I've given all this.

Most general MSD wigs will be 7/8 and tend to run a little large, though that is not universal.

Most of my minis & several tinies all take 6/7, so I can give this brain-dump pretty well.

And Leroi Snow is adorable; I was accidently shipped one along with my Leroi's Twin; it is now with its proper owner.

Ann in CT

16. Illya has several of the kemper flatbacks and they are brilliant!
      You have to pay attention but they are pretty easy to get. I use the rubber band around her head for the loose wigs. Works great.

very important, yes. Enjoy!

17. I recieved my Leroi Snow today, and I love him already. He poses great, even though his feet are a bit loose, so the standing is not easy without shoes. I have nothing to complain about, I got my order in exactly two weeks from paying, and I happen to live on the other side of the world from them.

BTW, Leroi's legs are so beautiful.

18. WOW! You got her that quick? Lucky goose!